Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 8:57:07 AM EDT
She has never fired a weapon, but wanted to and rather nicely asked me to take her.   I did so, and remembering the advice that the members gave on this board, brought some pigeons out for her to shoot at.

We started at the 25 yard range, and she tried my 9mm.  Really did not like it, due to the recoil.  Tried my AR, and after one shot decided to go back to the 9mm.

After expending a magazine of 9mm,without hitting anything, she was getting frustrated, so I talked her back into trying the AR.  After she got used to firing the weapon, and saw her first pigeon break, she really got into it.  After her second full mag, she was hitting a pigeon square on every shot.

With that, I took her to the 50 yard range, and after resighting for the distance, she proceeded to do the exact same.  30 rds equaled 24 hits...

On to the hundred yard range... Things got a little more difficult.. for me that is.  Again, resighting for range, after the first magazine, she was hitting a pigeon over 85% of the time.  Kinda depressing for me since I never did that well my first time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
practice, practice. try to stay ahead of her.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Great that you took a first timer out, even better that it was a female. We need more new shooters and more female shooters.

We had two females at our combat shoot on Sunday morning. Both were shooters, but it was their first time shooting combat.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#3]
You did well, regardless...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top