Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/1/2001 6:52:08 AM EDT
they promote killing of people" This is what I heard at the gun range yesterday from some "proper" hunter out with his kids. While setting up my wifes and my police silouette targetd to shoot our handguns with. After a moment of disbelief  [whacko] that a firearms owner could spew such drivel I asked what he thought my pistol was for then. (Keep in mind i had a big, black HK USP .45) I have shot at this range for several years at these same targets and have never had a problem, even when shooting with the range officers.

We are doomed as gun owners when we cannot even accept other forms of shooting. I'm sure he really crapped a golden twinky when I pulled out my FAL and M4orgery to blast at the 200 yard gong, man I really hate it when my FAL happens to launch brass at a high velocity to my right. [devil]
idaho-ar15

edited cause i don't know my left from my right
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell the idiot that since the 2nd has nothing to do with hunting, he shouldn't be able to hunt.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it. I should have just asked him if he was a range officer, knowing that he wasn't, when he said no I would have politely asked him to keep his trap SHUT.
idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#4]
sorry, my bad, I'm left handed and get confused easily, I'll edit the post.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like it. I should have just asked him if he was a range officer, knowing that he wasn't, when he said no I would have politely asked him to keep his trap SHUT.
idaho-ar15
View Quote

Or better yet, "Remember when I asked you to
come over here and tell me what you think of
my targets?"
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What the hell kind of FAL are you shooting that launches brass to your left!?  [>:/]
View Quote

CEASE FIRE ...CEASE FIRE!!!!!!

Shooter with the FAL...
Down range is that way[:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Bull to you all.  You should have slapped a mag in and invited him over to give it a go.  Let his kid try it also.

Who knows, you may have won another one from the dark side.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Fudge them
and the rest of
the flexible
Field and Stream readin'
protist piles.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Heheh... There is a range near me that will not allow you to use any sort of human silouette target.

Asked one of the RO's why and got the same response Idaho-ar15 did. "Promotes killing."

They also only allow one round at a time in all centerfire rifles, and 5 rounds in a rimfire and handgun.

Sucks ass....

Av.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#11]
HA! HA!
My Rod and Gun club
advertises
it's IPSC style pistol matches
as
Assault Courses.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#12]
A lot of this so-called thought process comes from the NRA. In its attempts to be politically correct, the NRA has an official policy of no humanoid targets, even in its Personal Protection course. The NRA-certified trainers I know are not politically correct.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Holy Crap!! What do they use
spectator friendly NRA D-1 targets??

I guess you'll be set
if R2-D2
tries to mug you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I gues I should have also pointed out the cowboy action shoot going on in the range over. They just happen to be shooting metal cowboys. Field and stream protest piles, I like it!!

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Ma, hand me the belt-fed.  What the heck is that pansy trying to promote, and if he doesn't believe in self-defence, wait till something happens to his kids.  It is said that he is so closed minded.
Ice
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The NRA-certified trainers I know are not politically correct.
View Quote

That would be me! Also, the NRA tells you not to call a gun a "weapon" during training. Gimme a break.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Heheh... There is a range near me that will not allow you to use any sort of human silouette target.

Asked one of the RO's why and got the same response Idaho-ar15 did. "Promotes killing."

They also only allow one round at a time in all centerfire rifles, and 5 rounds in a rimfire and handgun.

Sucks ass....

Av.
View Quote

Are you talking about Brisol?  
I was up there this weekend.  I even signed up to be a member too. Needed a place to go more often. The rules suck, but the houses close by is what did those rules.  
Not too many black rifles there, mostly hunter types.  
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I hear that in Massachusetts they prohibit human sillouette targets. Some puckish shooters sued for their right to shoot Hitler targets on first amendment grounds in response.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#19]
This bozo's attitude is exactly what's going to be the downfall of all gun owners...anti's chip away a bit at a time.  Worse, he's teaching his son the same opinion.

I would have said 'blow me', but probably not if the kid were there.

Which range??  I'll be in Idaho on some land my wife inherited as soon as we live out the capital gains tax deal on our house in the PRK; I did have high hopes for a major additude change in Idaho.

hanko
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was up there this weekend.  I even signed up to be a member too. Needed a place to go more often. The rules suck, but the houses close by is what did those rules.  
c-rock
View Quote

That would be it. I hate that range. Most of the shooters are hunter types, but most are pretty cool when it comes to an AR. I have, however, been given crap for owning an "assault weapon". Single fire bugs me. I would understand if it was a slow fire range, but single fire? WTF?

It is, however the only outdoor rifle range close to the city of McHenry. I try not to frequent there to often.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
c-rock
View Quote

That would be it. I hate that range. Most of the shooters are hunter types, but most are pretty cool when it comes to an AR. I have, however, been given crap for owning an "assault weapon". Single fire bugs me. I would understand if it was a slow fire range, but single fire? WTF?

It is, however the only outdoor rifle range close to the city of McHenry. I try not to frequent there to often.

Av.
View Quote

I have seen some old timers look at me funny too. Still, one of the range officers was a black rifle person themself.  Got crap?  I would of told them, hey the Anti's haven't gotten to your sniper rifles yet!

Only reason I joined, cause it was close to my house, only around 40 mins to and from.  I hate shooting indoors.
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The silouette target is the one the State of Texas uses for their concealed carry tests, and that's what I practice/train with.  I own my guns because I want to be able to protect myself and my family from criminals, not Green circles with numbers in them.  The fact that I enjoy shooting my guns is of course secondary. [:)]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Holy Crap!! What do they use
spectator friendly NRA D-1 targets??

I guess you'll be set
if R2-D2
tries to mug you.
View Quote

You can never trust those damn droids!

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Avalon01, at that range you mention I'd just wear all my spare magazine pouches and in each magazine I'd have one round loaded.    Then I'd proceed to burn through 10-12 magazines as quickly as possible and if anyone asked I'd just tell them I'm practicing my reloading drills.   Hehe, even doing reloads you could fire pretty fast with the mag pouches properly positioned.

I can't stand some of the range rules I've seen, not much one can do with them though.

As for those twinkiedicks that don't like black rifles, funny that I can make most of them respect my accurized AR15 when they see what kind of groups it turns in or after they shoot it and see that there is literally zero recoil.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#25]
hanko, this was the Jerome County Public riflerange. Where is your wifes property? If it's in the Magic Valley I'd be happy to show you around.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The NRA-certified trainers I know are not politically correct.
View Quote

That would be me! Also, the NRA tells you not to call a gun a "weapon" during training. Gimme a break.
View Quote

But firearms are not weapons, they are boring tools.  You know, tools used to bore holes through that which you want to die.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Believe it or not, there is a range by me that does not allow silloette targets during hunting season.  it's ok tofold the head down and us the rest of the target but there can be no represetation of a head. Also it is "single shot only" during the season.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#28]
For appropriate non-human targets, go to
[url]http://www.thegunsearch.com[/url]
and click on FREE TARGETS
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bull to you all.  You should have slapped a mag in and invited him over to give it a go.  Let his kid try it also.

View Quote

A great idea!  Listen up guys, this is how it's done.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Where can you get human silouette(sp?) targets?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.  Turn the man.  Let him shoot his first evil assault weapon (most likely) at a poor defenseless human target.  Maybe he'll realize what an ass he is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#32]
How many of you would tack up a b-27 silhouette if you were taking for the first time your mother shooting? or your daughter? Having that black shape around the target is NOT going to make a better defensive shooter out of you. Make no mistake I CAN see you all's point, but remember we are playing a PR game here and there are more "plaids" than there are us. Same low-pro thinking would tell me not to wear my ar15.com t-shirt into a hunter check station.

And yes I do use 27s myself simply cause they're the only thing big enough for me to practice at 50 yds with but it's a non-issue for me 'cause my club I'm usually the only one there the time of day I go, and all the other members are right-wing-extremist assault-rifle-owning gun-nuts (like us).
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Some people.  The range I go to has the regular B27, Big bad Bill, Hostage type and more.

Oh well, this is America......so they person has the right to say what he/she wants.  Granted, that also means even if it is annoying......

(Sorry).
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#34]
That pisses me off. I remember once at what I believe is a friendly range (Seminole County Gun & Archery Association) being told not to refer to a gun as a weapon because it gives us a bad name. At least they allowed anything, even NFA guns.

Here in Pensacola we have the Champion Range in Pace, but they have a 2 second rule.

But, as for human targets. Shit every range in Florida carries Human Targets. In fact 99% of their targets are human. There was a range in S. Florida I visited once and I'll have to get back there sometime where (and this was a few months ago) they had targets of Arabs holding AK-47s. These were obviously Ragheads (aka Terrorists). They also had a nice hostage target with a guy with a gun holding a hostage to practice shooting. I don't remember the range's name but it is in Pompano Beach located south of Sample Road just off of US-1/Dixie Hwy./Federal Hwy.

I like Human targets because I can practice distant headshots. I can also realisticly tell where my bullets are going. For example, I can shoot for the sensitive areas or guts to practice for what to do to the Bin Ladens of the world.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#35]

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/targets1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#36]
And I will never allow
some once-a-year-I-sight-in-my-
gun hunter touch anything that I own.
He might shoot his foot off.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm with Hielo, uglygun and the others on this one. Instead of acting immature and mouthing off to these people look at this as your opportunity to educate them instead. Not your job? Well think of it another way. This is also a chance for you to "steal" one more person from the anti-gun/assault weapon crowd. Stick it to HCI, Brady, Feinstein, Schumer, et.al.., it sure beats flapping your jaw and accomplishing nothing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I agree 100%!  It's amazing how easy it is to bring over most people.  People who are anti usually have little experience with guns.  Bring them shooting and show them that it is fun, safe and a positive activity.  People who are against "assault weapons" will often change their mind after the blow through their first 30 round clip!  Heck, my mom was hooked on shooting after she tried my dad's 10/22 for the first time a few months ago.  Next time someone starts spouting anti gun rhetoric, invite them to the range!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm with Hielo, uglygun and the others on this one. Instead of acting immature and mouthing off to these people look at this as your opportunity to educate them instead. Not your job? Well think of it another way. This is also a chance for you to "steal" one more person from the anti-gun/assault weapon crowd. Stick it to HCI, Brady, Feinstein, Schumer, et.al.., it sure beats flapping your jaw and accomplishing nothing.
View Quote

This whole wholesome
situation
was caused by catering
to these people in the past.

Fudge them!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#40]
These are the people who
fed us to the wolves in
'86 and '94.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#41]
[qote]
This whole wholesome
situation
was caused by catering
to these people in the past.

Fudge them!
[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better!!

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Let his kid try it also.
View Quote

Yea, and in the PRK you would have just committed a felony.  Can't let anyone under 21 shoot an assault rifle, even in your presence.  Man, you gotta love this f....n place!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I felt kind of self-conscious when I downloaded and printed out the minature IDPA and IPSC targets from the www.recguns.com website, but when I went to the range, they had targets that were PICTURES of people (bad guy with gun, perp with knife to hostage's neck, etc).  You want to blow some circuits, find a few of those for your hunter friend!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Creating enthusiasm
toward new types of firearms
does not accomplish anything.

This kind of turd thinks
that sighting in for a big
hunting trip is more important
than allowing someone to practice
self defense or for the defense
of their family.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#46]
hey garden weasel next time he gives you crap about it say "and who are you telling me what to do mr bambi killer" or something like that  
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We are doomed as gun owners when we cannot even accept other forms of shooting
View Quote

Jeez! Catching crap from a gun owning neighbor in Idaho!!
What is our country being reduced too??
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Woo hoo! These truly are the end times!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
sorry, my bad, I'm left handed and get confused easily, I'll edit the post.

idaho-ar15
View Quote

Wishful thinking?
I'm left-handed too. Let's take over the world and make all our right-handed, brother's in arms shoot left-handed guns.[devil]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:12:34 AM EDT
[#50]
I probably would have asked exactly what was being promoted by his son and himself shooting their sniper rifles.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top