Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 9:22:30 AM EDT
I was wondering of anyone out there can help me locate a dealer in Southern California that has an HS2000 in stock.

Thanks guys

"firearms are for three things...
personal protection
hunting dangerous and delicious animals
and keeping the king of england out of your face"
[):)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
The HS2000 is not on the list of approved handguns for sale in KALIFORNIA, hence it is illegal to attempt to buy one from an FFL holder unless you are an Law Enforcement Officer.

The list of approved handguns for sale may be found at: the California Dept of Justice Web site:

[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/certlist.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes is will work in Kali, look under IM metal, and no I don't know where to get one.

go to the HS2000 talk site and ask there, I believe some of the boys there live in SoCal
[url]http://www.hs2000talk.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi[/url]

Worldskipper
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup. It is under IM Metal an I am about to get one (as soon as it gets to my FFL). I bought mine for $275. My transfer fee is $55. So that means I got it for $335. My dealer (in the Bay Area) used to have them, but IM Metal ran out for a while. The best thing right now is to look out of state and do an FFL transfer. I bought mine form Collins Small Arms in TX. I think he also ran out and his prices were a littlt more than I paid for mine (I guess I got it at the right time [:)]. Good luck finding one. I can't wait till mine gets here (any minute now).
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the help
that's a cool forum, didn't even know they had one for it
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
CODE 3 USA 35 W Valley Blvd. #c
Alhambra CA 91801 (626)308 9889
was there three weeks ago saw one in the display.
BALOO.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Baloo,

Hey did you happen to notice how much they were charging?  B&B in North Hollywood is asking $349.00.  Kind of steep from all the posts I have read.  But then again this is Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The dealer up here in norcal is asking 350 as well.  I think the pistol has become so popular they decided to raise the prices a bit.  From it's reputation I would say this is still quite a bargain as glocks go for about 600 bucks up here now.  About the only guns going down in price are ARs and we can't get those anymore.

I keep thinking about picking one of these up but then that is money that doesn't go toward the Kimber Eclipse or M1A.  Though if one of those Walther P22s gets approved and in my path I might have to break down and get it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:16:09 AM EDT
[#9]
BNB Sales www.bnbsales.com has them in stock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:55:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The dealer up here in norcal is asking 350 as well.  I think the pistol has become so popular they decided to raise the prices a bit.  From it's reputation I would say this is still quite a bargain as glocks go for about 600 bucks up here now.  About the only guns going down in price are ARs and we can't get those anymore.

I keep thinking about picking one of these up but then that is money that doesn't go toward the Kimber Eclipse or M1A.  Though if one of those Walther P22s gets approved and in my path I might have to break down and get it.
View Quote

Steve, was that Canyon who's quoting $350? Do they have them in stock? Hmm... How can I hide this from the wife? Hmm...
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, it was Canyon and it was about three weeks ago I was there.  I even considered getting it, but passed as I'm not much for 9mms any more.  I might go there today so I will let you know if it still there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks. I was thinking it might be a nice little gift for the wife, but now I'm thinking I deserve it more.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry Matt,

I was there today and it was gone. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Steve. Maybe I'll call Traders. God, I hate driving out there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks Steve. Maybe I'll call Traders. God, I hate driving out there.
View Quote

I was there last month and they didn't even know what it was (or just the guy I spoke to). They didn't even have an updated list of approved handguns. IM Metal wasn't on their list. They might have them now though.
I ususlly go there to look at things. A lot of their sales reps are assholes. I just like 3 of them. I guess you can say that they are "OK." I hate dealing with the others. They'll only deal with me if I am looking for something expensive.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was there last month and they didn't even know what it was (or just the guy I spoke to). They didn't even have an updated list of approved handguns. IM Metal wasn't on their list. They might have them now though.
I ususlly go there to look at things. A lot of their sales reps are assholes. I just like 3 of them. I guess you can say that they are "OK." I hate dealing with the others. They'll only deal with me if I am looking for something expensive.
View Quote

Yeah, the nice bald guy is the only one I like to deal with. But it is always so crowded and busy that you usually take whoever you can get. I never go in there to haggle.  They price their guns a hundred bucks over msrp, put a sale tag on it for the msrp.  They do have great sales though.  Last year I got a sig 229 .40 for $550 NIB and a Kimber Pro Carry SLE for $640.  No other gun shop could even come close.  I also go there for ammo, they had S&B .223 for $139/k so I make the drive for that. You can check the ads on their website [url]www.tradersports.com[/url] under the specials.

And Matt, I freakin hate that drive too, takes a big sale to get me out there, and if I can get a deal anywhere closer that is within 20-30 bucks I will do it just to save the hassle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top