Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2001 5:31:14 AM EDT
I've been getting hand cramps, and those CG Tangoes will kill you faster than anything!!!
Mainly playing the Eagle Watch expansion- real-world settings (I especially like the first mission taking down the Russion shuttle lauunch complex, and the 2nd at the Taj Mahal)...
Don Out
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't seem to get past the storming of the building during daylight, They pick you off to easy,then the games over.Need tips on how to beat it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I.ve beat both gamers and lately have just been playing in the training section of the second game the "double hunt"

For the hurting wrist, support your whole arm with some books or somehting so that from your elbow to your hand is in a straight line, and that tour arm is being supported by your forarm not your wrist..  That is what I do.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I can't seem to get past the storming of the building during daylight, They pick you off to easy,then the games over.Need tips on how to beat it.
View Quote

I set up 4 teams, one in the top floor, one on the balcony, one below on the veranda, and one on the left of the bldg. After all teams have set breaching charges, at Go Code Alpha (control the team on the balcony) doors are blown. Balcony team should be set to advance, and use the map. Have  go codes set for all shortly after entry, get the hostage upstairs secured, then take control of each team starting at the top floor, clear the way down. then get the hostage on the ground floor with flashbang and double tap the tango, then hit the last go code (delta)to extract to the finish.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I.ve beat both gamers and lately have just been playing in the training section of the second game the "double hunt"

For the hurting wrist, support your whole arm with some books or somehting so that from your elbow to your hand is in a straight line, and that tour arm is being supported by your forarm not your wrist..  That is what I do.

BISHOP
View Quote

Thanx bishop, I get finger cramps (I use the trackball mouse and a wrist support), it just comes from long hours and tension (game actually gets the juices flowing)
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Do You guys play on-line?, and how about Delta force Land Warrior?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
The past few days I've been playing Rogue Spear.  In the training section I've been playing killhouse double with 30 terrorists.  If you need hints they have a book that they sell that gives you hints for every mission.  The only problem with that is I don't know if they sell that seperatley.  They usually package it with game.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Shari & Zabo;
I don't play online & can't afford new games now,
and I have not tried Rogue Spear (avail. at Wally World as the Platinum pack with the expansion and the guides for $40)
Sounds like RS has much better kill houses...
and the graphics look AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#8]
OK my early christmas gift to you all.

From a veteran of Rogue Spear, Urban Operations and Covert Ops. These are "programmer functions."

Now I have cleared EVERY board the honest way, but I usually do a little recon with the cheats.

Press "Enter" and you get a text bar

Type in "teamgod", press Enter again and your unit becomes immortal. People shoot you, blood sprays and you calmy draw and shoot them in the face.

Press "Enter" type in "theshadowknows", press enter and your team is now invisible.

Press "Enter" type in "5fingerdiscount", press enter and your inventory of mags, grenades, etc. is replenished.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Create a two man sniper team during setup, hold your other teams and togle to the sniper team. Let them clear the path for your assault team.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I always move my men around like "chess" peices. i always have a man covering another. i dont like groups larger than three operators. the AI makes them stupid for some reason.

i wished that the game would offer a .223 silenced weapon.

i used the sniper rifle almost exclusively in some rouge spear missions like the one in Chechnya. just sit and wait; move cautiously with a man at your back.

the worst missions are the stealth only missions. always go it alone. its good to use an AUG rifle in those missions so you can "zoom" in to watch BG's at a distance without carrying a set of Binoculars. plus the AUG has a smaller profile.

The Draganuv is a great weapon when deathmatching. i sit far away into a corner of the field and crouch. your hard to spot and they aren't [sniper]. when in claustrophobic boards i like the SAW 249. just run and gun [:)]

the best pistol is the 9mm. they dont seem to take into account ballistics for the firearms. may as well have 45 rounds.

the best assault rifle for deathmatch is the AK-74. it stays on target better than the other rifles for some reason.

Rainbow lib
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#11]
11H1P, I can't immagine playing this with a trackball mouse...

I never play online because I know I'm not as good as the others there.

As for teams, I ONLY did it when I had to (3 bombs all had to be disabled within a min. of the first one).  All other times its just me, alone...
I play like I live.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#12]
...oh and dont forget hand grenades. i loved surprising people with a little bouncing metal ball around a corner. [grenade]

fragging lib
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't get cool sniper teams- too broke with the gunshow coming up and too busy making knives for buddies about to deploy.

I do like the HK-MP5SD for most of the work (except in the very first mission of Eagle Watch, where I use the G3 for the blue team (goes upstairs into the control tower and snipers about 6 guys), and I use the M16A2 to clear the guards outside of the hacienda in the original game.

The trackball is the logitech marble mouse, once you get used to it, it is much faster (less movement required). I use the teams in all of the original game due to the need for the heartbeat sensor, and to deactivate security systems and bombs (the jungle one I like to solo).

I played through all of the missions in the original and mission pack, only used "teamgod" to clear Big Ben tower top floor- I still can't get them all before the tango whacks the hostages...
Don out
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do You guys play on-line?, and how about Delta force Land Warrior?
View Quote

Yeah, I mostly play LW online in the stat games.  Could care less about my stats but its where I like to play, even with all the cheating and whining.  I mostly play CTF though I'll bop around to others.  I use the same name so say hi if you see me there.

originaly posted by gar:
View Quote

Cheat. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I should set up a windows machine one of these days so I can play these games.. I've just been playing q3 (urban terror and ra3 mods) ut and rarely sof.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Check out                                

[url]www.piestactics.com/files/archive/index.asp/[/url]

Tons of mods for R6, UO. A must download is "Heavy Fire" weapons mod. Over 300 primary,secondary weapons. You name it its in there. LOTS of cool anti personal devices- claymors, bouncing bettys, rockets ect...
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Rainbow Six at the time was a ok game but it lacked a very important feature that I didn't like you couldn't see your gun that you were using and the gun sounds were not that great. The game play was ok but there are a lot better games out there to play like the Mod for Half Life called Counter Strike that multiplayer game blows away Rainbow Six you should check it out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Just waiting for the new Rainbow Six to come out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I always wondered if anyone in this forum ever played that game.  I have them all.  If you think the computer is hard, try playin online against other people.  Thats HARD!!  I like urban ops the best cause you can customize your missions.  Walther 2000 is my favorite.  One shot, One kill.  And of corse the .40 cal HK.  Anyone want to play online, send me some mail..  Hell, i may have played some of ya already on zone.com.

[50]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I play occasionaly on the zone.  My zone name is Bravo_Steelvipr.  While I occasionally participate in Bravo Company matches for Clanladder, I'm generally just messing around in Tango Hunt or Terrorist storm.

My favorite weapons are the Enfield, the PDW, and the Mark 23.  I'm using the PDW more and more, but I'm pretty sure the Enfield is the best rifle in Rogue Spear.

Edited because mroe = more

Viper Out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top