Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2001 6:35:21 AM EDT
Well, teh good news is that SC just legalized Class III !!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone give me a heads up as to what are the Federal rules for the legal ownership of a semi-auto Short Barrelled Rifle???

Do you beed a pistol lower???

Do you need a preban lower???

Do you payt the $200 tax???

Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is my take on the federal issues.

A SBR is still a rifle, so pre/postban rules apply.  It is $200 and the full process.

SBR only allows for a barrel length of <16 inches and/or an overall length of <26 inches (with stock extended/unfolded).  

You can use a pistol lower, or a rifle lower.  In my opinion, using a pistol lower would be a waste as they are much more rare, and you will have to do paperwork on either no matter what.  
 You can't do the reverse and make a pistol out of a rifle, if that's what you are getting at..

Edited to be more clear.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't matter because once its a SBR the stock isn't necessary anyway so a pistol lower would be a TOTAL waste.

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top