Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2001 3:40:36 PM EDT

Pro-RKBA Coulter & Lott on ABC's Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher:

Monday, 2/26/01, Ann Coulter and John Lott (author of "More Guns, Less Crime")
Subject: GUNS

Wed, 3/7/01  Neal Boortz, Libertarian Talk Show Host and Pro-RKBA.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#1]
What time is it on?
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
ohhh

Sounds like a good one.

http://abc.go.com/abc/utility/localstations.html
Go here to see when and where in your neck of the woods.

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I will not watch it.  Bill Maher makes my blood boil!!!!  The name of the show is a misnomer.  Maher is sooooo politically correct that it is nauseating.  I have watched before when the subject was guns.  He is rude, he calls pro-gunners names, and is just your basic uneducated anti.  He makes comments about spraying hundreds of rounds per minute when talking about AR15 type rifles.  He sounds very much like HCI.  There is no point in any pro-RKBA person to even go on that show.  Maher is not open to listening.  His mind is made up and no one is going to change his attitude.  I e-mailed him about this before, and go no response.  My e-mail was factual and informative, not ranting and raving, but the gutless puke would not respond.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
John Lott will eat Bill Maher for breakfast. I've spoken with Lott several times and I have seen him in action more than once in a hostile crowd. He is calm, VERY well informed on every sub-issue involved in gun control, and he always comes across in a clear, to the point, and intelligent manner.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
OK-

I was thinking the show "Politically Incorrect" was some show like Larry King or something. After some research, I have to agree with Larry 110%. I have seen parts of this show when I was flipping through the channels. This guy is a f-ing idiot and so are all the other dumbass liberals on his show. None of them know what the hell they are talking about 99% of the time.

The only way I would watch this show would be if I could jump through the screen and go McUZI on them!

[chainsaw]    [chainsawkill]            [-!-]               [flag]              [heavy]        [pissed]           [pistol]               [rail]
[rocket]             [shotgun]         [sniper]            
[spanking]          
   [uzi]

[:D]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't stand Bill Maher!  I hate him, I hate his show, did I mention I think he is a damn idiot.  Worst of all he calls himself a libertarian, what a joke.  I will watch tonight just to hear what John Lott (have not seen him speak since reading his book a while ago) has to say and watch and listen to Ann Coulter.
I watched when the Nuge was on and that jerk stain just kept cutting him off and crying his PETA bravo sierra.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Maher claims to be a liberterian when in fact he is just a third-party liberal
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen both Anne Coulter and John Lott in action.  I'll predict that Maher is toast.

No doubt the other two guests will be whiny sheeple hoplophobes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've seen both Anne Coulter and John Lott in action.  I'll predict that Maher is toast.

No doubt the other two guests will be whiny sheeple hoplophobes.
View Quote

I would not hold my breath on that one.  Maher is king of convenient editing and cheap-shot one liners just before a cut to commercial.  Coulter and Lott do have their shiznit together however and I will stay up past bedtime tonight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate the show, I hate the host.

I don't use the word hate very often and mean it.  But man do I EVER mean it!

I swear to god the producers of that show pay liberals to come onto the show and be part of the audience.   That damned crowd will just flat out drown out any point that a conservative minded person trys to make.  Typically they will let the conservative person begin their argument and once one of the liberal idiots invited to talk on the show make a comment against the conservative person's argument, no matter how small or stupid, the audience will cheer and yell so loud that often times the conservative person has to break stride or stop making their point because the audience is so loud.  What's worse is this is the opportunity that one of the liberals is waiting for because while the conservative person is waiting for the crowd to SHUT THE F UP, the liberal will jump in and try to take off promoting their agenda and will try to totally trump whatever the conservative is trying to say before they have a chance to say it.

They hope that if they can jump in and take off on their argument before the conservative can speak again that the liberal person will be able to just continue on with their rhetoric so long as they ignore any interuption.

Keep an eye out for it and you'll see what I mean, the audience is partly responsible for 1/2 the crap that the liberal guests get away with.  It's like watching James Carvil wannabees parading around TV, they interrupt the other side and take off on a rant hoping that their arrogance and rudeness will permit them to speak their side while not letting the otherside represent their issues.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I dislike the show as well, but I'll watch to see what happens.  I fear uglygun is right again.[:(]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Bill Maher took a great idea and turned it into his own personal sounding board. At least Dennis Miller is funny once in awhile. Maher only makes me realize you don't have to have any kind of knowledge on a topic in order to have an opinion.

He is also the perfect example of people not wanting to listen to others views for fear of them being correct or containing more trueth than their own. If they can squash all other opinions then there's must be the true and correct one.

He's actually a libreralterian.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok  I'm watching this idiot now.  I'm sure he'll get to guns in a minute, but he is making a jackass of himself now talking about Nascar and the death of a legend Dale Earnhardt.  Obviously he ain't got a clue on this issue either.  Why do TV people like to blabber on about shit the have no clue about?  Idiots!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#16]
This show is painful to watch.  Sheesh, the ignorance runs deep in the USSA!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Anne Coulter just ripped them up on women voting and the 3 men are speechless.  She hit the nail on the head.  This is hilarious!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I am in love with Ann Coulter!  She is HOT!  And pretty smart to boot!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I like the concept of the show, but all it really is is three liberal guests, and a liberal host, ganging-up on a token conservative. If they were to even the numbers, it might make the debate interesting. Why does he never invite three conservatives and one liberal? I guess this might threaten his liberal views.

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, why bother with Politically Incorrect?

I'd rather just watch the McLaughlin Group and laugh my ass off any time they slam the hell out of Al Gore or Bill Clinton, it might be a bit scripted but it's refreshing.

No where near as nice as watching Fox News though where the concept of fairness in reporting and discussion actually begins to mean something.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Did I just hear what I though I heard? "Freedom, if we are going to have it, lets have it across the board." What kind of bullshit is this coming from that a-hole.

And o ya, Ann Coulter is awesome.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I dont normaly watch but I am now to see what will happen.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#23]
WOW! I like those 2. I am going to have to get his book.
I am a cop and I have no problem with almost everyone having a gun. I have to think everyone I contact has a gun anyway.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Well Bill tried to go into his standup routine "What we need is crossfire" but it fell flat. Ann stole the show. Not much of an actual gun debate though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#25]
That idiot (cant remember his name) doesnt trust anyone with a gun. If he was being attact with a knife and I had a gun. I guess he would not want me to stop the attacker. This contry was built with a gun in one hand and is defended with a gun to this day and for ever more. These debate's get me going. He probably thinks it the guns that kill and not the people that pick them up and pull the trigger. Yes people need to keep them secured and away from children. And accidents are bound to happen but my god, people get into car accidents. So should we take all the cars away because someone is going to get hurt. If it were not for the gun we would not have such a great country to live in. I'll get off my soap box now or I'll go on for ever.
[pissed]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone here a Simpsons fan? Trivia: can you name the Bill Mahr joke?

I am drrunk

raidoman
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I missed the majority of it, only to see that they had on that annoying stupid actor from Spin City as their liberal or one of their liberals.

Gimmie a break.  He was going off on his, "Studies show that if you own a gun you're 27 times more likely to harm yourself or a loved one as opposed to an intruder."

If I meet this guy on the street I'm 50million times more likely to call him an ignoramous to his face and walk away from him than opposed to walking up to a stranger and telling them they are an idiot.

Does this logic compound?  If you own one gun that makes you 27 times more likely to harm a family member, what if you own two guns does that make you 54 times more likely to harm a family member?  Or is it a logrithmic thing?  Is two guns multiply that danger to a family member or yourself by a factor of 10?  Or is it 27 squared since you own 2 guns, if you own 3 guns is it 27 cubed?

Anyhow, the lawyer chick Ann is hot!

John Lott has some goofy wacky things going on with his eyebrows.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I was trying to watch it, but ignorance frustrates me to no end. I'm watching "Autopsy 3, Voices from the Grave" instead. It's probably better right before bed anyway, I wouldn't want to have bad dreams about Bill Maher.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 12:21:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Mr. Spin City's a fvck-nut, but Ann's da bomb.

The comments she made about women voting was on the mark. Anything to feel safe, even if it means giving up all your rights. She hit the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#30]
The '27 times more likely to harm friendly people' is a debunked statistic that is a favorite amongst liberals.

Where it came from is quite simple... they included everyone in that figure, from people who knowingly commited suicide with firearms,  to other malicious people.

It's probably one of the most over used statistics that is bent to back up false propoganda.  Look it up on google or something and you'll find a in depth explanation.

Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#31]
The stat is actually "43 times more likely" and came from a "study" by aurthur kellerman. After MONTHS of refusing to release his raw data, he revised that number or 2.7 times more likely. This mental midget also came to the conclusion that if you had a deadbolt on your front door you are 64 times more likely and 300 times more likely if you are a male to be a victim of violent crime. He does not understand that correlation DOES NOT equal causation.

Then this anti-gun elitist is SO screwed up he then went on later to say: "If you've got to resist, you're chances of being hurt are less the more lethal your weapon. If that were my wife, would I want her to have a . 38 Special in her hand? Yeah." - Dr. Aurthur Kellerman: Health Magazine (March/April 1994). Yet he still wants to ban guns, but I assume not from his wife or others in his aristocracy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Damn Imbroglio.
I thought I was the only one who knew that about the Kellerman study.

You are now hereby dubbed an official McIntellectual Juggernaut.
Glad to have you here.

IZUcM
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I watched it also.  Bill did make a A$$ of himself at the beginning of the show over Dale and the Submarine subjects and did his best to dominate the discussion by not allowing the others to comment on his on his distorted views.

Ann and John did a respectable job of conveying their sides of the issues.  Especially Ann, I could have given her a great big kiss when she gave her views on women voting and equal rights. I've been of the same opinion for years.  I have no problem with equal rights as long as equal responsibility is excepted with it.  Women for the most part revell over the equal right part and after they force the issue on what they want (whether it be in the home or through voting==they do out number us you know) they then step back to let the male of the species make their wants come to fruition.

I also thought counter to what was posted earlier that the audience was behind John and Ann for the most part and helped to derail Bill because he wasn't getting their support.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#34]
If I am a Juggernaut, how come my hours are getting cut back and I am on the verge of being assigned counter duty instead of the window?

One thing I have learned is that a goatee head from a failed dot com company who tries to take over my fry machine is 500 times more likely to be a monumental a-hole. I am going to put a dead mouse in the dunk basket when he isn't looking.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Read this article by Anne Coulter.  She is definetly pro-gun and one of us.  If all women thought like her,(men to for that matter) what a wonerful world it would be.

Article here, worth the read: [url]http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a38568fa27a81.htm[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top