Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2001 2:58:11 PM EDT
Thinking about moving to Colorado (Boulder area), pros and cons?
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, how about you'd be getting the HELL out of California for starters??? [;)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Moving out of Kali is a good start, but stay away from Boulder!  Boulder is basically a piece of Kali transported a couple thousand miles east.  

Very liberal, very stuck up.  Property is very expensive because the Boulderites don't want anyone else to share in their 'beautiful' community, so there is a housing freeze.  Alot of 'save the earth' wackos, etc...  

My favorite are the wannabe 'save the planet' wackos.  You can spot them by looking for the Range Rover with, "Meat is murder", "Save the whales" etc., bumper stickers.  If you're so intent on saving the animals, why do you have a gas-guzzling Urban Assault Vehicle with leather seats???  

Denver is better, but you'd be better off getting further west or east of the frontrange.
Or Colo. Springs is a good place to be, from what I've heard.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
AR15s are illegal in Denver.  Move to Colorado Springs.  If you move to Boulder(Little California) I don't think you will like it much either.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
AR15s are illegal in Denver.  Move to Colorado Springs.  If you move to Boulder(Little California) I don't think you will like it much either.
View Quote

Isn't that just Denver County?  I don't believe the AW ban covers the suburbs and surrounding counties?  BTW there has been talk about AW bans in Boulder too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Groundwater is contaminated in much of Colorado
esp. Colorado Springs. Nuclear!

Try the area around Sand Point, ID..
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi-cap mags are illegal in Denver. I would advise staying out of Denver & Boulder county. The southern and western portions of the state are cool.
Concealed carry might even pass this year.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Boulder has yet to discover that the 60's are over.  The community is really polarized (Hey, that is where SOF is published).  Shot a match there a couple of weeks ago and the line was completely AR.  Just north of Denver is home to a barrel maker with a great resume and a rifle builder of some renown.

Colorado would be greatly improved if you eliminated everything in a 30mile swath from Fort Collins to the Springs. :)

SRM
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
colorado sucks no one needs to move here!!!

first off what line of work are you in? that would help decide where to locate to.
boulder is ok if you don't smoke (cigarettes)
and have young kids you are thinking about killing (only really rich need apply)
cost of living is up there, houses are WAY UP THERE, buy moving from kali probably a drop in the bucket for you.
the metro area (denver) sucks and everyone and their family is moving there, same for ft fun as well as cholo sprgs. fu$%^&k everyone is trying to move here, or so it seems, if you have to take the hiway anywhere (or side street for that matter)
hell they are commuting from ft morgan to denver (1.5hrs) one way.
forget about state wide carry.
so that leaves you with adams, jefferson, el paso, larimer or weld cty that i know of where you can aquire a ccw. oh there is one good thing about boulder (dude) is that you can get a ccw there. go figure
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Colorado doesn't suck but Jim's right stay in california. The only reason that AR's are illegal in denver and guns are getting a bad rap in these places are from the californians. You move here, decide you're bad ass and want it to be like cali. If the californians really dissagreed with the assault weapons ban then it wouldn't have happened. Just stay out of colorado if you are the standard cali or east coast dumb ass.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Rickyj has a point, Kali people moving here really tend to f-k up the place, especially in gun matters.

I don't think AR15! would be a problem if he moved here.  Hell, he's posting on a gun board, I'd say he's on our side.  I'll welcome you here if you move, just don't bring any of your moviestar friends! [;)]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Well guys, thanks for all the replies. Frankly, if I decide to move to Boulder county because our friends live there and whoheartedly welcome us to come over and besides it's more for my kid than myself. I don't smoke nor drink Jim, never had never will, for some strange reasons, I'm allergic to those addictions. I'm in the A/V system integration field, my title is CAD Designer, our corporation has 2 branches over there, one in Denver, the other one in Colorado Springs, I'd like to check them out on a visit to see if there is any chance of trasnfer if needs be. HKocher, I'm just as enthusiastic as any of you guys concerning our venerated black rifle. In fact, I am proud to say I have one of the most fully loaded pre-ban Colt M4 (well, Mforgery should I say) around. I posted a picture of it a while back on our old site the drew quite a few praises from our people. So, please wish me luck if I happen to make the move. Thanks again for all the feedback. Peace.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Please don't Kalifornicate our state any further. [}:D]

Boulder sucks.  Denver sucks.  The rest of the state is pretty nice, though.

If you have "friends" in the Peoples Republic of Boulder though, I am highly suspicious of you..............[;)]

shootr
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Colorado residents,

Question: Do most Colorado folks despise Texans as much as the people at your ski resorts do? [?]  
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Mojo, YES!!! [:D]

Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Mojo- Yes (again)
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Mojo, yes but not as much as the "Kalifornicators" anymore. [:P]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#17]
mojo
let me put it this way when i first came out here in 80', folks asked me where i was from.
waddayafukinkiddinme?
can't you tell i'm from NY!
their reply was "well ok, as long as you ain't from texas!!!"
ar15
if the job is located in denver, ne of there is weld cty. and the commute is about 45min. to downtown from where my friend lives.
but i understand relocating to where your kid can have some company, especially when moving to a new state.
drop some of us a line before heading out this way.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Jim, could you be more specific about the job thing? I don't quite get it. If the plan stands, we'll leave CA on 03/02/01, it will be a long drive so I was told but we need the car to drive around anyway. I'll let you guys know when we get there. Thanks.
-Thanh
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#19]
mojo - it's a toss up.  Kalifornian or Texan.  The Texans are trying to buy up the Front Range, the Kalifornians the Western slope.  All in all, we hate the Texans a bit less, as they're much less liberal.  [;)]

shootr
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Boulder county is OK, actualy not bad, just stay away from The City Of Boulder.
Also Denver City/county it dosent matter they are one in the same, had a law that says no concealed carry anywhere in the city, but state law says all counties have to honor any other counties permits guess what state supreme court says? You can transport AWs through Denver your not supposed to stop, the law says AW, I think you might be OK with a postban since FEDs say a post is not an AW, but I'm no lawyer so dont take my word. I havent heard this about HiCap mags in Dever and I have read the law itself.

One plus in CO is the make my day law.
Works like this.
1. Bad Guy comes onto your property.
2. You think bad guy may want to commit any crime whatsoever.
3. You shoot to kill.
4. Cops come out and ask a few questions, remove the body, then tell you to have a nice day.
5. You clean up the mess.
6. You are protected from civil litigation under this law also.

Bottom line, avoid Denver and Boulder City(actually I recomend 5 miles between you and boulder city) Some of the better denver burbs are located in boulder county, you should take a look if you know people that live there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#21]
butthead,
 Unfortunately, it's Boulder city that my friends are living in and my M4gery is a pre-ban one [:(]. What about hand guns, do they fall under the same rules or restrictions?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#22]
This would get more exposure elsewhere, but it fits here better. Enjoy. [:D]

Subject: How to identify where a driver is from.

How to identify where a driver is from:

1. One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: CHICAGO

2. One hand on wheel, one finger out window: NEW YORK

3. One hand on wheel, one finger out window, cutting across all lanes of traffic: NEW JERSEY

4. One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator: BOSTON

5. One hand on wheel, one hand on nonfat double decaf cappuccino, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator, gun in lap: LOS ANGELES

6. Both hands on wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake,  quivering in terror: Ohio, but driving in CALIFORNIA

7. Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator,  head turned to talk to someone in back seat: ITALY

8. One hand on 12 oz. Double shot latte, one knee on wheel, cradling cell phone, foot on brake, mind on radio game, banging head on steering wheel while stuck in traffic: SEATTLE

9. One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both feet on brake, throwing McDonald's bag out the window: TEXAS

10. Four-wheel drive pick-up truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to antenna: ALABAMA

11. Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible above windshield, driving 35 on the Interstate in the left lane with the left blinker on: FLORIDA

12. And lastly where are you if take all these people and put them in the same place: You got it COLORADO!

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.printcharger.com/emailStripper.htm
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Communist Republic of Boulder. [-!-!-] [-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-][-!-!-]
Where you get ticketed for smoking in public.
Commended for lighting up a fat joint.
Bunch of Kooks and Yuppies!
Hate Boulder, I grew up in another version of it back east. " Ithaca NY" Same scene just in a different location.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mojo, yes but not as much as the "Kalifornicators" anymore. [:P]
View Quote

AMEN TO THAT!
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#25]
AR15!
I have been stationed in Colorado since '93. I spent 6 years in Colorado Springs and 2 so far in Aurora and can say that Colo. is a nice place to live. Most of Colo is very pro gun except for Boulder and Denver. Lots of places to shoot here also.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Where are some good plinking sites close to Denver besides the mountains? I think everything out east is private land.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top