User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 12:06:36 PM EDT
[url]http://mitchellsales.com/[/url]

What do you guys think of these rifles?
How's the price?
Is it a buy or can I do better?
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
These are Yugaslavian made reproductions of the 98k.  they are nice rifles but have an intermediate length action which means that many aftermarket mauser stocks will not fit. They are commonly sold from $109.00 to $160.00 at Cole's  distributing,  AIM surplus, gunbroker, auction arms, Century arms, etc.....

the Mitchells price is a rip off really...

I have one and it shoots good and was in unissued condition for $159.00
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the advice. It's going to be my first C&R purchase so maybe I'll look around a little more first.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Mitchells prices are really full retail pricing. Order from Empire arms, Century, Aim Surplus...
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I would avoid that place. They charge premium prices and a lot of guys who ordered them said it tooks weeks for the rifle to arrive and that the quality was no better than guns offered at Big 5 Sporting Goods for $170.

I bought two M48s from Wholesale Guns & Ammo for something like $160 each and they were in pristine condition and came will all the accessories.

Empire has unissued M48As (stamped floorplate, etc.) for $250 and I heard they are in unissued condition as well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here in town i can find original german 98k's with accesories for 190.00 with all matching numbers. mike
View Quote

I've been wanting to add a nice minty all original German 98K to my collection for some time, but I can't seem to find one below 1k at local shows OR on the net.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top