Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 5:32:34 AM EDT
what's the difference?
are these really so much better than the regular 92fs?  sturdier?
will they holds up longer?  more accurate?
mostly i want to know the difference between the 1 and 2.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Somebody will know more about this than me, but until they chime in I'll give it a shot. I believe the Elite I was full size and had the protrusions on the slide like the Brigadier. I also believe the Elite II is a type M compact? I've shot Berettas for years and really like and actually prefer them to other hicap 9's. I think the reason for the Brigadier was a couple of slide seperations using proof loads in the Navy several years ago. Nothing wrong with the old models.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The Elite series have a beefed-up slide over the standard 92's, mainly to handle the beating from .40 loads.  They have slightly shorter barrels that fit about flush with the slide, forward cocking serrations, and a dovetailed front sight.  The differences between the Elite I and Elite II are that the Elite II comes with a checkered frontstrap instead of stippling, a stainless slide, a 92D trigger-return spring, and a Novak rear sight.  They are no more accurate than the regular 92's, and only 'better' if you like the external features more than the regular 92.  They probably will stand up to lots of .40 loads better than a standard 96, but I don't really see any advantage if you're shooting 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
A Beretta in .40 is a 96, not a 92.  The beefed up slide is for +p and +p+ 9mm.  (And that slide is also shared by the 96.)
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't shot an E II but it is a beautiful piece of gun, pricey though.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Other differences in addition to Sparky's list:

1. EII has extended magazine release.  Easier to hit.

2. EII has a beveled mag well.  I don't think the EI has one.

3. Barrel on the EII is relieved.  I don't think the EI is relieved.  Both of them have shorter barrels.

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Also the Elites are 92Gs which means only a decocker and no external safety. I just got one and took it to an IDPA shoot for my first time shooting it (I have shot other Berettas) and came in third. Great gun. Besides if the SHTF I can take mags off any GI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top