Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/20/2007 10:41:53 PM EDT
Well, I've decided to host the FIRST EVER (to my knowledge) AR15.COM DINNER PIC CONTEST!!!

The winner, to be suggested by your fellow arfcommers but determined by me, will recieve a prize of my choosing, in addition to a Team Membership for the winning entrant!  If you are already a member, your anonymous benefactor will either renew your membership for another year or donate it to a member of your choosing.

The winner will be chosen two weeks from tomorrow, on Thursday, March 8.  This should give you plenty of time to do it right.

The rules are as follows:

1. The meal must be prepared by YOU!  No taking pictures at a restaurant, or having your wife/husband do it while you get the credit. Cooperation between Arfcommers is acceptable, but I will not duplicate the prize for team winners.

2. At a minimum, your dinner pic MUST include:
   a meal sufficiently large to satisfy at least one (1) person, ready to be served and edible
   a drink
   a firearm
   appropriate utensils to eat your dinner
Other objects common to dinner pics, such as measuring devices and weevils, are encouraged but optional.

3. You may NOT reuse old dinner pics, even if they're your own.

4. You should caption the picture with, at a minimum, the ingredients in the food(s) and a description of the firearm(s).  
    Optional, but recommended: the method of preparation of your food (e.g., slow-       roasted, smoked, microwaved) and especially the complete recipe.

5. Pictures should be posted in this thread at any time between now and the deadline, along with feedback.

Don't be discouraged if you're not a whiz in the kitchen; extra consideration will be given to creative entries.

Good luck, and may the best pic win!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
ost

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll post one when In about a week.

Edit: Ok, its been about a week, back home from work, right about in time for my anniversary. 3 years. My wife made the shrimp salad and did the fancy napkin folding. (impressive) No recipe to be given really, king crabs + boiling water. I do add a little sugar to the water. She chose the P22 for her place setting and on my side of the table, on my side is a 7 1/2" Model 1 upper on an Essential Arms lower, J&T LPK with Ace buffer and Tromix brake.      

The tape and stapler were included, mainly because the tape give a good scale on those legs.
Enjoy.
(Oh yeah, there are flowers in the pic, its my anniversary... deal with it.)

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
1am3r
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]
TAG
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
i15.tinypic.com/2d1lf6h.jpg
Details: Subway sammich, cold cut trio, all the veggies. Aquafina water.
ETA: I'll get a real pic for the judging later, this one is just practice.
OK, real pictures for judging are below!
Appetizer= salad; Fresh Express brand iceberg garden mix, 1 whole avocodo cut up, a bunch of stawberry tomatos, bracoli, Mezzetta deli sliced golden greek peperoncinis, Star spanish olives "queens", Newmans olive oil & vineger
Weapons= Springfield 1911, Cold Steel Vaquero.

Main course= cheap chuck steak from safeway, use a little adolphs tenderizer, McCormick Montreal steak seasoning, marinade in Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce for a few minutes (How long it takes the coals to get ready in the BBQ)before throwing on the BBQ (No electicity, all cooked outside). French bread from safeway bakery.
Weapons= Saiga 12, Mossberg 930 auto, Bushmaster M4, Springfield "loaded" 1911.
Drink= Coffee and looking to the far left; a tall glass of KoolAid, ;cause we all know no dinner is complete without a tall glass of Kool Aid

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
see ya'll in about a week or so..........will have sumthin good.

AK
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Details: Subway sammich, cold cut trio, all the veggies. Aquafena water.

looks good! and the guns?  

(is there one more on the upper left, with just the grip in the picture?)
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Other objects common to dinner pics, such as measuring devices and weevils, are encouraged but optional.

Dinner Pics do not include staplers, measuring devices, or other silly items.

I'm gonna have to pass this contest for that reason.

Dinner Pic = Food + Gun/s
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

For some reason, that's pretty damn cool.  10/10
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

looks good! and the guns?  

(is there one more on the upper left, with just the grip in the picture?)

You see the grip of an EAA small bore bounty hunter .22lr/mag, you can see the .22 mag. cylinder to the right of it. Ruger MKII NRA commerative, Makarov, Stoger coach gun, Davis .38 derringer, classic S&W .38 M&P.

I realize this picture won't even qualify, because I didn't really make the samwich, but I did watch it be made. I'll get my real pic up in a few days hopefully.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Dinner Pics do not include staplers, measuring devices, or other silly items.

I'm gonna have to pass this contest for that reason.

Dinner Pic = Food + Gun/s

I'm trying to be accomodating here.  I don't have a preference for rulers either way, but if someone wants to post 'em, let 'em.  I left the category broad for any number of often-seen items, like gun rags and computers with ARFCOM on the screen, and it's optional anyway.

Be a sport and cook up something anyway.  ruler-free. Whad'ya say?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#13]
tagerooo
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Placeholder.

Heh.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#15]
bump!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quizno's for the win!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#17]
OST
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#18]
ost ... will try to get something together for the hey of it
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Aw fuck, I'm moving in a couple of days. LOL
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#20]
I will try to get in on this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#21]
This space reserved for the winning dinner pic.

Mark.

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I have never posted a dinner pic .....

This spot will be my 1st

ETA

Friday Night BBQ checking in !!  

This is a mans meal ... no need to waste my time w/ side dishes tonite

What we have here is a guns ~n~ grub in its pureist form.

Sloooooooooow cooked BBQ baby back pork ribs w/ a frosty cool one to wash'em down with. I couldn't have any foo foo place mats in the pic so I dug through the archives in my gun cabinet.

Guns: ( starting at 12:00 high )

1. Colt LE 6920 w/ a Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN
2. S&W model 29 .44 Magnum
3. Colt 70 series Combat Commander 9mm
4. Luger DWM 1913 all matching #'s
5. S&W model 29 .44 Magnum ( so nice it's in there twice )
6. Glock 22 Gen. III w/ Trijicon NS w/ spare hi-cap mag incase the zombies wanna bring a few friends.
7. Case XX hand-made stag handle Kodiak knife

Here's a close-up. That huntin' knife wasn't needed for anything for this meal .... these ribs are so tender they'll fall off of the bones.

A special thanks to my gf who patiently waited to eat while I invited arf.com to dinner and made it a Kodak moment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Saving a spot
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be back...
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#26]
front row seat reserved....
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#27]
tag.  WTH.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#29]
This is my spot
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I am strictly forbidden from posting dinner pics after I posted this a while back:

(There was this performace artist in New York whose "art" was slowly eating a wall, about one square inch per day.)
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Saving my spot. When does this contest end?

Oh yeah, Baxter, you still in for this weekend?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#32]
contest ends two weeks from today- March 8.

Vanilla, I can't make it!  work!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Friday Night bump.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#35]
OST
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#36]
IBTBSP
In Before The Bacon Salad Pic .....
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Time to break out the big guns and saucepots.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Bump to the top for the day crew.

I woke up this morning and almost felt more full than I did last night when I went to bed

It's been a long time since I wolfed down 2 lbs of ribs
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I have never posted a dinner pic .....

This spot will be my 1st

ETA

Friday Night BBQ checking in !!  

This is a mans meal ... no need to waste my time w/ side dishes tonite

What we have here is a guns ~n~ grub in its pureist form.

Sloooooooooow cooked BBQ baby back pork ribs w/ a frosty cool one to wash'em down with. I couldn't have any foo foo place mats in the pic so I dug through the archives in my gun cabinet.

Guns: ( starting at 12:00 high )

1. Colt LE 6920 w/ a Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN
2. S&W model 29 .44 Magnum
3. Colt 70 series Combat Commander 9mm
4. Luger DWM 1913 all matching #'s
5. S&W model 29 .44 Magnum ( so nice it's in there twice )
6. Glock 22 Gen. III w/ Trijicon NS w/ spare hi-cap mag incase the zombies wanna bring a few friends.
7. Case XX hand-made stag handle Kodiak knife

www.hunt101.com/img/476435-big.JPG

Here's a close-up. That huntin' knife wasn't needed for anything for this meal .... these ribs are so tender they'll fall off of the bones.

www.hunt101.com/img/476434-big.JPG

A special thanks to my gf who patiently waited to eat while I invited arf.com to dinner and made it a Kodak moment.

StrikeAliteN:  In the interests of impartiality, I won't give a score at this point, just my thoughts.

pros:  very nice looking ribs.  your guns are very shiny, and you have an excellent handgun selection.

cons: what kind of BBQ sauce are you using?  What kind of beer?  you only have ONE MAG for the rifle?!  How will you kill more than 30 zombies past 100 yards? lastly, you shouldn't need a fork for ribs. Just pick them up like a man.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Taggage.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#41]

I eat good
I drink good beer
I own your ass out to 900 ..................
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#42]

i killed the quail yesterday. today i marinated, then stuffed with bannana pepper & wraped with bacon and grilled over mesquite and charcoal.
black eyed peas & beans with peppers & wild rice
colt commander
spyderco dragonfly
the king of beers.
no napkin nessecary as i was wearing pants.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#43]
page two reservation
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

StrikeAliteN:  In the interests of impartiality, I won't give a score at this point, just my thoughts.

pros:  very nice looking ribs.  your guns are very shiny, and you have an excellent handgun selection.

cons: what kind of BBQ sauce are you using?  What kind of beer?  you only have ONE MAG for the rifle?!  How will you kill more than 30 zombies past 100 yards? lastly, you shouldn't need a fork for ribs. Just pick them up like a man.

BaxterStockman

Don't put yourself critiquing my entry w/ any score. It's a dinner pic ( guns and food ) I could have piled up a couple hundred AR-15 mags on my kitchen table along w/ cases of Q3131A ammo had I chosen to.

It's your comment I high lighted in red that I really don't care much for. When you can post an instructional thread on levitating a food item from one dish to another without the use of some sort of utensil ... I'll take a look and see how it's done. Until then I'll stick a fork in a piece of meat to get it from one dish to another.

I played along w/ the dinner pic thread you started in good fun, and posted up an entry shortly thereafter. I hereby withdraw my entry.

Have a nice contest without me.

Quoted:

I didn't mean to give you the wrong impression, StrkAliteN.  I mistakenly thought the fork was there for consumption of the ribs, not transfer to the dinner plate.  I didn't mean that to sound sour or disparaging, just jocular.  

You said this was your first dinner pic; people usually joke and kid about the pic. That's part of the fun.  
In keeping with your wishes, though, I'll consider you withdrawn, but you can PM me to the contrary if you change your mind.

but PLEASE leave those beautiful ribs up so everyone can see.  

My point exactly.

Your poke / jest at humor and ridicule WAS NOT directed at the pic / photo .... but was directed at me personally.

That is why I was offended. I have seen & read 100's of dinner pics and chimed in with my share of critique on what I saw in the pic regarding the food items. But never would I make a remark ridiculing the manhood of the member placing the photo.

That is all I have to offer to this thread.

Thank you

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BaxterStockman

Don't put yourself critiquing my entry w/ any score. It's a dinner pic ( guns and food ) I could have piled up a couple hundred AR-15 mags on my kitchen table along w/ cases of Q3131A ammo had I chosen to.

It's your comment I high lighted in red that I really don't care much for. When you can post an instructional thread on levitating a food item from one dish to another without the use of some sort of utensil ... I'll take a look and see how it's done. Until then I'll stick a fork in a piece of meat to get it from one dish to another.

I played along w/ the dinner pic thread you started in good fun, and posted up an entry shortly thereafter. I hereby withdraw my entry.

Have a nice contest without me.

I didn't mean to give you the wrong impression, StrkAliteN.  I mistakenly thought the fork was there for consumption of the ribs, not transfer to the dinner plate.  I didn't mean that to sound sour or disparaging, just jocular.  

You said this was your first dinner pic; people usually joke and kid about the pic. That's part of the fun.  

In keeping with your wishes, though, I'll consider you withdrawn, but you can PM me to the contrary if you change your mind.

but PLEASE leave those beautiful ribs up so everyone can see.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Place Holder.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Here's a smattering:

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#50]
So are we gonna keep this thing going, or what?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top