Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 6:58:36 PM EDT
Tonight, I was just able to really talk with my dad for the first since the attack. Now he's 84 years old, has had three operations in the past year, including a triple bypass. He won a Bronze Star in WWII, and was in the reserves forever. At one point I said, I guess we're both too old to go active now. Without missing a beat he replies, "I'd do whatever I could if they'd have me." 'nuff said Dad.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
When you talk to him next please tell him thank you for me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Hiya Mal.  I have had the priveledge of this also.  My dad is 82, a WW11 pacific Marine vet.  Lives just up the hill form me for last 25yrs.  I worked daily with him for 16yrs. One thing I am glad I did, I asked him about 5yrs ago "Dad what would you want me to teach my kids and grandkids about WW11".  Needless to say we spent the day talking.  Their generation is getting very few,  God it's scary to think of this world with these great people.  Take care  JB
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top