Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 8:16:41 AM EDT

Here is the feds compensation package being discussed for the survivors, at the expense of the taxpayers.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/24/vic.victim.compensation/[/url]

"If you were a clerk who earned $30,000 a year and you had 20 years left, you'll get a lump sum payment of $30,000 a year for the next 20 years, plus the pain and suffering, plus the pension," Schumer said.

It takes on a different tone when you add CEO $300,000/yr upper management $200,000/yr. who just the night before were talking to their husbands and wives about wanting to work for another 20 years or until they are 98 years old. But using the lowest payed position to state their case sounds a lot better.

Of course, don't let me or this news stop you from donating.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
...are you still here?

Lottery?

50,000 people worked in those towers, driving the economy that YOU enjoy. Most of them are out of work.  Many of them are dead.  An estimated 10,000 chidren have lost one or both parents.
Are you are so stupid, that you don't think this will impact us all?

Lottery?

You are filth.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I would rather see this than a spate of lawsuits that merely result in some bastard trial lawyers getting rich.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like old Chucky has finally done something good for the people.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:57:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Levi, I saw your post yesterday, but I didn't reply cuz Major-Murphy hit it on the head with his reply. But now....

You are truly a douchebag. It's time to turn off the cynicism for once and stand up for what's right. Granted, what you post is drivel beyond cynicism.

So who's behind the keyboard at your house big guy? Arm chair commando? La-Z-Boy? Chairborne ranger?

Do you truly believe that you are some single beacon of common sense and truth is this whole mess? You probaly do. I submit that your are actually a short sighted, selfish moron

Grow up. Grow a pair, get you head out of your ass POS TROLL and go do something for your country for once.

You are truly a chimp.

Sherm
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
levi is a troll.
He posts vile things about our War-dead and their families.  He never responds to the aftermath of his bile filled posts.  Do a search, see for yourselves.

I know many of us have problems with a government that is not as concerned with our individual freedoms as they are with their ability to maintain power.  Fine.  This is a patriotic cause.  We love America, and what she stands for.  We don't like to see politicians pervert this. Fine.

levi tries to divide us.  He doesn't hate the Government, he hates America.  He pisses on the graves of our recent dead, and defiles their memories.  He suggests that the widows and orphaned children are lucky to receive such a windfall.
Fuck levi and all the enemies of America.
He is a troll.  He might even be from "overseas"....
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:38:24 AM EDT
[#6]
50,000 people worked in those towers, driving the economy that YOU enjoy. Most of them are out of work.
View Quote

According to the story, this money will be paid only to those who were injured and the families of the dead.  It sounds as though the unemployed survivors won't get anything.

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:56:27 AM EDT
[#7]
and?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top