Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2001 4:38:01 AM EDT
I was at the gun store yesterday and was shocked to see a Colt match target HBAR II with a sticker price of $1170.00. In the not to distant past, they seemed to be around $900.00. Has Colt raised prices, or in general, has the price of AR's gone up steeply?
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a feeling that they are going up to WAR prices. Panic buying time.

Other than that they should be as they were before 9/11
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the Colt ARs were heavily discounted during the spring and summer.  I noticed this during reviews of the Gun List.  Some still listed them at retail while other offered great bargains.  My dealer friend bought three in late winter and paid over 1,000 and was trying to sell them at his cost.
Got mine through a dealer that got in on a police dept purchase.  Am very impressed with it.
mac
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:06:10 AM EDT
[#3]
You don't see many listed in the for sale section lately.Two weeks ago,the equipment exchange was loaded with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top