Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2001 5:31:30 PM EDT
Rented this movie last night and I was surprised to find so many similarities to what is currently going on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I own it on DVD.

Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

Even Bollywood stuck with the car-bomb theme. I guess planes smacking into the twin towers was too "over the top" for the creators of the movie. They probably figured nobody would believe it could actually happen.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
We were just talking about that movie at work this afternoon.

Do you think Hollywood might think about future projects of this nature in a different light???
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just telling my friends to see that movie today. It is soooo close to what it can be like here one day. I Hope not.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I have it on DVD too.  Last Saturday I had some of my pacifist friends over to watch it.  They freaked out, it scared them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I JUST finished watching it again on DVD.

I am always impressed with the way it handles the Freedom issues.

I don't think it makes Arabs look bad, just the opposite.  A main FBI character is from Palastine, and even his son gets rounded up and put in a camp.  

I think the movie does a great job showing the dangers of where we are headed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The final scene of the movie with Washington and Willis was great.  Made the the hair stand up on the back of my neck.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It was a good, well made and thoughful movie.  I liked it.  Bruce Willis and Denzel Washington did a good job.  It did not sugarcoat the results of terrorism upon ordinary people, but it did not sugarcoat the effects of mass suspicion of people either.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#8]
That is one of Willis' best performances.

The Israelis have had success with water, but it requires cutting
View Quote

I love that part.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 1:43:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Rented this movie last night and I was surprised to find so many similarities to what is currently going on.
View Quote

Only this time the FBI won't confront the Army, but help them in the round ups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top