Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2001 8:53:02 AM EDT
Are they worth it?  Do you guys have any opinions on their tactical targeting systems?

Over the past few weeks I have been looking at several different "tactical rifles", like all the AR variants  and the AK variants including the Krebs AK and the VEPR II.  I am looking to buy something for the hell of it and also use it for defense of my family and myself if I had to.

Thank you for any advice you guys can give. :)

PS. Is there any particular scope you recommend for the AR-15?

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure the Wilson Tacticle Carbine is a fine gun. My personal view is that you could pay a lot less for a real nice carbine from Bushmaster, and outfit it with everything you would want for less. That's one of the great features of the AR15, you don't need to be a gunsmith to create the rifle of your dreams, you just need the basic AR platform, and YOU can take it from there.

As for AR15 optics, two EXCEPTIONAL optics come to mind. One would be the Elcan scopes. Made in Canada I believe, and standard issue to Canadian military. My personal favorite, assuming price isn't an object would be the Trijicon ACOG NSN. It was designed for the M4 rifle, and has been torture tested probably more than any optic in U.S. military history. It has back up, Tritium illuminated, iron sights as well and comes with flat-top mounting hardware included. I don't think anyone can dispute it's quality.

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like you got the only review your gonna get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top