Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 2:04:37 PM EDT
Argentine made Colt .45 cal

Are these any good? I can get one for $299.

Is this a good pistol or do they usually
need work. The add states "Factory Refinished".
Or something to that effect.

I'm looking for a Budget Government Model.

Please toss in your 2 cents.

TIA,

Del [:)]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I paid the same for one a while back ---I shot great, but the bore was rough and I did not like the trigger.   Do the numbers on the slide, frame, and barrel match on the one you are looking at?

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Got one awhile back, came with 2 spare mags for 325.  Good gun, changed out the trigger with a Kings Gunworks long model, and added a set of hogue grips, so it would fit my hand.  Over 1000 rds so far with not so much of a hic-up.

Next project is to change out the sights for something I can see.

Denholm
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one a long time ago and never had a problem with it.  Like that other post says, look for all matching numbers.  It's nice even though this gun is not particularly collectable and had its collectability ruined by the repark anyway.  It's probably still a fine shooter.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Best budget Colt you will ever find. Changed the trigger to the long version, reworked the slide to frame a little. I love it, but then I also loved it before I did all that. None of my guns stay factory long. I will get another one just to use as a truck gun. Waiting for my C&R to make it here.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Got one about 6 weeks ago from JLD Enterprises.  It's one of their rebuilt ones.  Nice black park finish, and actually rebuilt...new barrel, new springs, new checkered wood grips.  Total of $311 shipped to my C&R.  They're Colt quality (old Colt that is) and 100% interchangeable. A real bargain if you need a shooter or are going to modify.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
To my knowledge THESE ARE BASICALLY COLTS.
Argentina paid Colt a large sum to basically build a 1911A1 factory in argentina, and to instruct it's employees in the building, and inspection of these weapons.. Every one I've had a chance to inspect has proven to be 100% interchangeable with a M-1911/M-1911A1 as far as parts, and quality. However, many of the later Series 70/80 parts will not fit, but this can be said of Colt made 1911A1's, and the series70/80 parts.

The "Ballester Molina", and "Ballester Riguad" are later, "improved"  versions. (In my experience, the Ballester Molina is adequate, but not in the same leauge as a Systema 1927)

Just because it's made in South America, don't be worried. Argentina is definitely an industrialized country that can make a reliable piece..

Meplat-

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]
If I recall correctly, the guns were also made with Swedish steel, a better grade of metal than went into the Colts at that time.

Basically, a very nice gun for a good price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top