Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 1:09:41 PM EDT
I may be acquiring a Marlin 39A in the near future and am unsure of the optics I want to get.  I already have a single shot .22 with a decent scope that I use as a target gun so I would prefer to use this gun as a close-medium(10-50m) plinker and squirrel buster.  I was considering some variety of red dot site.  I see BSA red dots are pretty cheap but I'm sure about that brand name... any opinion on BSA or other brand (cheap) red dot sights.
Thanks, Justin Ward
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
A Tasco Accudot is a good red dot for the money.  I put one on a S&W 22A and it works great.  As far as scopes are concerned I think that Simmons makes a clear scope for the money in your price range.  I don't know about BSA's red dots, I've heard they aren't that good, but I have never looked through one either.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had two Tascos and they performed well.  My uncle is looking for a red dot and I am suggesting that to him.  I paid about $50 and $60 for the two I had.  I only got rid of them when I went to a Reflex and an Aimpoint.

BSAs:  I have heard about and experienced poor performance.  

In my mindfor red dots, BSA = cheap, Tasco = inexpensive.  Big difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top