Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 9:43:29 PM EDT
Firefighters Ordered to Remove Truck Flags

The PIXPage Staff
Berkeley firefighters are seeing red over an order to take American flags off their trucks.

The flags began flying shortly after the terrorist attacks on September 11.

The fire department says it ordered the removal because of an anti-war rally scheduled for Thursday. The assistant chief said safety could be compromised if protestors try to remove the flags and destroy them.

Firefighters wouldn't talk to us on camera, but they said they were angry at the order.

http://beta.kpix.com/news/local/2001/09/19/Firefighters_Ordered_to_Remove_Truck_Flags.html
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Piss on the protesters...........
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone in Cali thought to counter protest this so called "peace" rally?

We're seeing our own citizens protesting the deaths of people half way across the world that have not yet occured and they don't even seem to be able to shed a single tear for the almost 6,000 of their fellow americans who died on the 11th. I understand and respect their 1st ammendment rights to free speach but damnit all they're realy pissing me off to a level I've never before experienced

One consolation, I heard that at a university somwhere on the west cost, one of the leading "Stalinist" professors started to speak at a memorial service and began to rant and rave about how "we deserved this" etc etc. The same old leftist psudo-intellectual, overly emotional ComIntern crap was getting shoveled, and the people there, although mostly liberals drove him off the stage because they were "here for the victims" not for his bullshit  prothletising about how bad the US is.

There are lines that you should never cross and he mis-read the crowd and just had to go there....
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Piss on the protesters...........
View Quote

I got a better idea...turn the firetruck's houses on them...full blast[:)][:)]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
They didn't want to offend the protesters.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I know most firefighters wouldn't do this, but the ideal thing would be a strike for a few weeks. (berkley likes unions, so they'd have to support a strike, right?)

Let the idiots see how safe they feel when they don't have firefighters to respond to fires, accidents, or medical emergencies.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't seem to be able to connect with this url, maybe someone else can. Let's send another round of letters folks! Here's the city of berkeley website:
[url]www.ci.berkeley.ca.us[/url]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The fire department says it ordered the removal because of an anti-war rally scheduled for Thursday.
View Quote

Anyone in the Berkely area have some tear gas?

........I'm DEAD serious too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Dang, I wish I were there.  F*cking pussy maggot leaches.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#9]
How about the two firefighters in Florida that had the flag removed from their truck because they were "offended" by it. They refused to get in the truck until it was removed. Said that it represented oppresion. Now don't that beat all?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know most firefighters wouldn't do this, but the ideal thing would be a strike for a few weeks. (berkley likes unions, so they'd have to support a strike, right?)

Let the idiots see how safe they feel when they don't have firefighters to respond to fires, accidents, or medical emergencies.
View Quote

Sorry, but it is against Federal law for Firefighters or Police to strike.  Now the "Blue Flu" on the other hand...
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How about the two firefighters in Florida that had the flag removed from their truck because they were "offended" by it. They refused to get in the truck until it was removed. Said that it represented oppresion. Now don't that beat all?
View Quote

When they are in the bunkroom they had better sleep with one eye open.  Yes, there is a lot of cameraderie in the Fire Station, but screw the whole department like that and make everyone look bad and it can become a brutal place to work.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dang, I wish I were there.  F*cking pussy maggot leaches.
View Quote

leeches, please.  Leach is my family name...
otherwise, I agree 100%
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone who cares to send a polite nastygram to the fine folks of the Berkeley fire department, here you go.  E-mail address is towards the top of the page, along with other relevant contact info.

http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/fire/oes.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top