Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2001 7:42:23 PM EDT
I have read what I could find on safes.  I think that I have narrowed my search down to two, Fort Knox of Frontier.  They are in the same price range and similar in several ways.  Can anyone give me any pros or cons as one over the other?  Any info will help.

Thanks

CHZ
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Just purchased a Ft. Knox Maverick series. I have not evern received it yet.  Reason, it is their "no frills" version and I liked the price.  It is not 10 guage but I figure 12 guage steel will do.  I tracked down a couple of dealers at an outdoor show and this is what convinced me.  Good people, good safe.  Besides, look on the catalog, The Nuge uses Ft. Knox![;)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#2]
If you can find a company that deals in used safes you can really make out like a bandit.  A used gun safe with no frills should cost around $500.  For another $200 you can paint it, sheetrock it, shelf it and carpet it any way you want.  When you're done you will have a $2500 safe that cost you under $700...or so.  You can also contact any manufacturer on the internet and get a set of decals for under $50.  Just a thought......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top