Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2001 11:05:47 AM EDT
ABC News has decided it has aired enough replays of last week's catastrophic terrorist attack on New York's World Trade Center. In a memo to staffers Tuesday, ABC News President David Westin said the network would no longer air video of the planes impacting the World Trade Center, Broadcasting & Cable reported. Westin noted that gratuitous use of the footage is inappropriate...

Ass goblin wants it to drift away from peoples thoughts.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]
This just in: World Trade Center video to be replaced with video of Osama bin Laden playing with kittens and bunny rabbits. We must do all we can to avoid fostering hate!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I kind of agree with the decision, but perhaps for different reasons.

Westin's reasons were not given, but I believe that over playing the same footage will tend to dilute its impact and message.  After seeing the same thing over and over, we first "accept" it, then "ignore" it.  It's simply the way the mind works.

I for one, do not ever want anyone to get "bored" with seeing it.  The non-stop coverage has been scraping the bottom of the news barrel for the last 3 days, at least.  If they keep interrupting with news "flashes" that are not news, then people will become inured to the horror.

Admit it.  The first time you saw the footage, your stomach dropped and you thought, "Oh my God".  After 2 days I bet the feeling was something less, more like "I feel sorry for those people". A day later it was likely "Oh, I've seen that footage before. Don't they have anything new?"  This is not a flame, but it is the way humans process these things.

I, for one, want to keep the sense of outrage fresh.  Do you?

Edited fer spellin'
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]
i, too have seen enough of that footage.
i want to see film of cruise missles and b52s on the way to osama's training camp. now, THAT will be news worth watching!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's not forget how trauma-based mind control works. This is being used to attempt to program all who watch the footage.

From the blind war cries from what I thought were intelligent God-believing individuals, it appears the programming is indeed working.

I pray Creator provides us with the ability to see through this ultimate deception.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Let's not forget how trauma-based mind control works. This is being used to attempt to program all who watch the footage.

View Quote

Care to elaborate on that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top