Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2001 5:36:57 AM EDT
This post by Muad in another thread reopened a question I have had for some time. I know he is correct in that they have considered themselves in a "Holy War" with the US forever it seems. But my question is why? Why do they care so much about us and why a Holy War? Are they so insecure in their religious convictions that they think our (US) differing beliefs and actions are going to spoil the after life for everyone on the planet. I'm not wanting a religious rebate here. I'm genuinely asking because I would like to learn something in this.

Quoted:
This is how your media works.  Do any of you recall that Usama Bin Laden and the Al-Qaida declared Jihad on the "Great Satan" (U.S.) in 1993?  What you are hearing about is only a reiteration from the Taleban.  They've considered themselves in a Holy War with us for years.  The only difference is that now we're going to accept their invitation.[/quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are they so insecure in their religious convictions that they think our (US) differing beliefs and actions are going to spoil the after life for everyone on the planet.
View Quote

Yes that is it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#2]
They think that if they say it enough times, they'll actually believe it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:07:16 AM EDT
[#3]
That entire area is like a gang area.  We are outsiders and anything we do anywhere over there is going to escalate.  Everyone is leaving us as allies.  This I am afraid is going to be a U.S. against them for a large part.  These people live for the opportunity to kill and war.  Holy WAR?  Yep if need be it may just be fire and brimstone in the form of a cloud.   [flame]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top