Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2001 5:02:06 AM EDT
I went to a Cardinals game last night and they were handing out flags to everyone. I thought this was a great gesture until I noticed that the flags were made in China. What kind of shit is that. I told a Fox News reporter about it, but I dont think they were going to say anything about it. There should be a law against that.

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:04:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a grip...everything is made in China, except fortune cookies. Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the "New World Order."
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
dude. next time you go, bring your own flag, put it on a broomhandle, and wave it like crazy.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The REAL reason for the terrorists.....the u-s is not supporting thier economy........[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Get a grip...everything is made in China, except fortune cookies. Go figure.
View Quote

It used to be spread out: Malaysia, Thailand, Phillipines, Indonesia, etc. Now it's all China.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#6]
It used to be spread out: Malaysia, Thailand, Phillipines, Indonesia, etc. Now it's all China.
View Quote

They're the only nation listed that still has prison factories to turn out that stuff on the cheap! [>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#7]
If something like this is done it should be all American. All my flags are American made by Annin. They don't fade as bad and hold up longer. Take a look if you need a flag.
http://www.annin.com  
[smoke]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]
American GREED.....  The big companies do not want to pay us to do what they can get some poor bastard in Mexico or China to do.   Cooperate America.  Go out to Walmart and look where all of the stuff is made.  Don't be surprised if you find flags made in Pakistan.
[flame]This has pissed me off for years........
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Wal-Mart go dragged on the carpet for this a few years ago, now all of their American flags are made in the U.S. by the Annin & Co. in the U.S.  Basically the way it works is that when products are made in PRC with cheap labor for pennies, and the retailers sell it for dollars as though it was made with U.S. labor. I myself personally try to look for Made in the U.S. even if I have to work at it because most of the time it of better quality better materials and finish.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, it is ironic that our flags are made in China.  I am willing to pay more for a US made flag.  I wish we could get more things from Mexico.  We could reduce illegal immigration, and stop funding China's military infrastructure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#11]
No shit!  I think Wal-Mart needs a big
MADE IN CHINA sign out front!
Maybe the Chinese govt. secretly bought a majority stake in Wal-Mart after old Sam died!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#12]
They should be sent back along with all those berets.  

[size=6]BUY AMERICAN[/size=6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They should be sent back along with all those berets.  

[size=6]BUY AMERICAN[/size=6]
View Quote

Amen. The berets were not issued that came from China, thank god. Gen Shinsucki got egg on his face over that deal.

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The REAL reason for the terrorists.....the u-s is not supporting thier economy........[whacko]
View Quote

Hell, we only buy about 80% of their oil.  What else do they have?  Cheap sandboxes?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell, we only buy about 80% of their oil.  What else do they have?  Cheap sandboxes?
View Quote
                                          NOT....the ones we buy oil from ARE our "buddies"......we don`t buy anything from where the terrorists come from......c`mon man...stop grouping ALL arab people together........[stick]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
American GREED.....  The big companies do not want to pay us to do what they can get some poor bastard in Mexico or China to do.   Cooperate America.  Go out to Walmart and look where all of the stuff is made.  Don't be surprised if you find flags made in Pakistan.
[flame]This has pissed me off for years........
View Quote

20 years ago Wal-Mart would only buy "Made in USA". They had to stop because competition wasn't doing that and the American public was buying based on price. If they had not changed they would have been out of business.
US companies are in business to make a profit. No profit, no company, no company no jobs at all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
                                          NOT....the ones we buy oil from ARE our "buddies"......we don`t buy anything from where the terrorists come from......c`mon man...stop grouping ALL arab people together........[stick]
View Quote

Man, think about where the wealthy in those countries originally got their money.
Last I heard, OBL has over 300 million in assets.  You don't make that kind of money milking camels.  It is all oil money from big families and passed down gen to gen.  He may not be in the oil business now, but there are some dirty fellas around.

I am not taking a swipe at Arabs either, anymore then I was taking a swipe at Shell or Amoco.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Aa a Libertarian I can't believe I am going to say this but.......there should be a law!!! [:D] The US flags we use should only be made in the US! [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top