Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2001 7:14:04 PM EDT
Alright!  Finally someone has the balls to say what they really mean.

Do you think these terrorists expected GWB to look the cameras in the eye and say "I want him [Osama bin Laden] dead or alive"?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
President Bush didn't say he wanted OBL "dead or alive".  He may have inferred it, but he didn't say it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
D@mn I wish I had taped that clip to see exactly what he said.

Something to the effect of:  "Just like those posters they had out west, I want him dead or alive."

Kind of a marked indifference as to the state bin Laden would arrive in.  Still, I wouldn't want the leader of the free world saying that about me.

Anyone have a direct quote?  I wish I was typing when it was replayed, instead I was cheering!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
GWB is Da Man !!!

If that asshole Gore would have gotten elected, we'd be talking about economic sanctions or diplomacy...

I think GWB is better at speaking his mind, than he is speaking from the tele-prompter...

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
He was being a smart ass.  The reason he used the old west reference is because Sadam Hussein called him an "American Cowboy."

Personally I would have liked Bush to say "Yippe Kai Yay Mother FVCKER!"

GWB rules!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#6]
No matter exactly how he worded it, he sure as hell got his point across! I voted for Bush, and he earns more and more respect from me each day, considering how well (IMO) he is "taking care of business".

Tyler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top