Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2001 8:47:55 AM EDT
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1527374&a=11560808&p=54182376[/img]
This is the front of the Paratrooper Weapon's Case. $10 and it was the only one that had the 82nd Air Borne Div markings. For those that don't know it's super heavy canvas with wool felt lining on the inside. It adjust to fit something as small as an M4 or something big like maybe an M14.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1527374&a=11560808&p=54182373[/img]
This is the back and the flap from the front. It has what I guess is a staic line pocket that fits a 30 rounder nicely. Somebody please explain exactly how this is rigged up on a Ranger when jumping.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1527374&a=11560808&p=54182380[/img]
This was only $10 also. It's a tactical load vest in good to fair condition, but all the snaps and velco are perfect. I can only get one mag into the two inner pockets where the two outer pockets hold two mags each. Is this right? On the imported copy I have in black nylon all pockets hold two each and even are wider to accept L1A1 mags. The GI wont hold the FAL or AK mags at all. I was surprised by how small the pockets on this one really are.
Anyway, $20 total plus a set of Y suspenders new tossed in for free. I'm going back on Monday and try to get another jump case if he's there. Nobody even knew what they are so I doubt anybody bought some before I get back. Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Very  nice, where did you get it?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
He's just some guy who sells surplus at flea markets around here. If he has more jump cases I think I will get them all (maybe three more) and re-sell them on the boards. One I saw had a broken zipper. All depends on what cash I will have on hand next time I see him.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know of any decent surplus stores in central VA?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#6]
mk1iii:
The vest is fine.  They are designed to only hold 1 mag in each on the inner pouches so you can lay prone with it on.  I have been useing mine for the past year and it is a great vest.  

The Azalin
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Azalin-
Thank you. I thought it was something like that. I'll use the GI one for the AR's and the black imported one for the wider FAL mags. The GI spec is far heavier in construction, but the other one isn't half bad either.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't rate any of these places, but I was looking for milsurp stuff (somebody ran off with my old poncho) and ran across this url:

http://www.inquiry.net/uniforms/bdu_suppliers.htm

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#9]
mk1iii - If you can pick another one up I'd be game to buy it from you.  Let me know.

SB
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Bushmaster007-
I've kinda created this thread as an alternative to reading all the WTSHTF stuff out there right now. I don't mind, and I'll give you a simple answer. If you have firearms and ammunition you have 3/4's of everything you need in a really bad situation. If basic living needs skyrocket in price, those firearm values will be double that & in very high demand. Buy what you need with some of them and if that doesn't work take the rest by force(under the most worst cases). It's life or death right? You can never have everything one may need in a crisis but these may help.
Firearms and ammo
Police Scanner/ FM radio
Gas Masks
Food and means for obtaining water
Shelter
Oh, and lot's of toliet paper. Smokes are good for trading ,but they go bad after a while. TP will be the commodity of the the gods for bartering after wiping your butt with leaves a few times.

I'm not pretending to be an expert on this stuff. Just my two cents as this was my thread [>(][grenade]

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, I didn't mean to step on ya.
...it's been deleted.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Bushmaster007-
It's cool! I don't mind. Hope you get all the answers you were looking for.[beer]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Mark, If he has another I will take a Jump Bag.
Email me.

Thanks
Del
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone wanted to know how this is rigged to you?

There is a special locking device that attaches the weapons carrying case to your parachute harness, attaches at the point of the two buckles.  Your equipment lowering line is threaded through the strap on the uppper part of the case with the two buckles.  Your lowering line also is attached to your rucksack.

Once you get your silk and check to make sure you have a good canopy and at about 100ft before landing, you lower your equipment.

First, you lower your rucksack, which is carried in front of you, on your legs.  Then next you hit the release arm and the weapon's case slides down the twenty feet of your lowering line and rests ontop of your rucksack.

When you land, your gear is in a neat little pile.  If it's too dark or the poo poo has hit the fan and it has suddenly become a two way shooting range, you just pull or trace your lowering line to get to your weapon and ruck.

Been there and done that many times but it REALLY REALLY sucks when you are burning in and forget to lower your stuff or it gets stuck and have to ride it in.  Man, the is one hell of a landing!
[BD]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#15]
mk1iii:

You come up with another jump bag that is in good shape I'm interested.

vent
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#16]
pakrat: I knew a 14S (Stinger operator) who used to jump with that monstrosity (the stinger). He was maybe 5'4" on his tip toes so the thing was like his size. Claimed the ADA folks would always  make the short guys jump with it. Seems they referred to it as the "Womack pack" (after the hospital at Ft. Bragg). Know when THAT thing didn't release, THAT would be a rough landing.

Heck - I just realized you could start a whole thread with jump horror stories. Probably best not to scare away potential recruits.

Adam
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw the guy again, but he didn't bring any with him today. I was the only one who bought one last weekend (Duh!). He said he bought about a hundred of them from his source and will pick them up in a week. Like I said i'm going to get a few extras if they are in very good shape and will come back to this thread when I do to see who said wanted one.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Major surplus and survival sells the paratroopers carry case for $9.95.

www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top