Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2001 10:09:48 PM EDT
The mood is horrible in this nation.  Nationalism is rampant.  If these guys cared so much about America they'd already be flying the flag.   The media's has Part-Time Americans aka Soccer Moms, liberal business men, etc... in a mass induced hatred towards Muslims.  Over and over the propaganda is flying.  Three times just this morning on my lunch I had to explain to people that Muslims or people that look alike here in America are not the ones to "righteously kill".  The people have blood lust.  I never thought it was this bad.  I thought people could think rationally.  It's bad.  I have to go.  I'm stocking up on ammo.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The mood is horrible in this nation.  Nationalism is rampant.
View Quote

Did you prefer
the "Guilty of Being American"
mood under the clinton administration?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you still going to renounce your citizenship? [spank]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Scared?  You bet I was... yesterday.  Saturday afternoon I took my new blaster out to the woods where I have shot for the past 15 years.  Big open area like a soupbowl.  I shoot down in the hallow.  I'm shooting with plugs, muffs and safety glasses on.  I hear "PUT THE GUN DOWN NOW!!!!".  I look up and over my left shoulder and there are two local police officers with shotguns aimed at ME!!!!!

I instantly put the rifle down in the bed of my pick up truck and raise my open hands.  They don't say anything... they just keep pointing those shotguns at me.  They ordered me to drop my gunbelt (which I happily complied) and they then proceeded to explain that, although I am way out in the woods, I'm still in the "city limits" and in any event, still in "police jurisdiction".  Can't shoot there any more.  DANG!!!!

What a weekend!!!!

Lawdog
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes NSFJojo are you still going to renounce your citizenship? Inquiring Mind's want to Know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
what scares me is that this is going to cause a bunch mor laws to be passed, not that i will obey them[:0]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Scared?  Yeah, I am scared. I am scared for my son, scared that he will have to grow up in a country where we are constantly looking over our shoulder for the next terrorist attack.  I am scared that we will only do a half-measure and leave ANY of these bastards alive.
And I am scared that the morons who oppose war NOW, NOW when we've lost THOUSANDS of people on our own soil to a cowardly attack without warning, will have too much influence and will force our leaders to stop killing the bastards too soon.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Scared?  Yeah, I am scared. I am scared for my son, scared that he will have to grow up in a country where we are constantly looking over our shoulder for the next terrorist attack.  I am scared that we will only do a half-measure and leave ANY of these bastards alive.
And I am scared that the morons who oppose war NOW, NOW when we've lost THOUSANDS of people on our own soil to a cowardly attack without warning, will have too much influence and will force our leaders to stop killing the bastards too soon.
View Quote

Double dittos
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#8]
What RikWriter said.........
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rik, I feel exactly the same way.  I apologize for being such an ass over the last few days.  While I may have been fighting against the racist rhetoric and perceived stupidity, I was acting no better than anyone else with my name calling.

I too worry for my children.  What kind of world will they grow up in?  And I'm sure this will not be some short term conflict.  This potentially could take years to resolve.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Same for me, Rik!  If the events of last Tuesday don't inspire you to oppose evil in an equal and entirely proportionate manner, then what in the world would?

Eric The(ChangedForever)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#11]
BTW, [b]NSFJojo[/b], you should not be scared for OUR Country, you should be scared for THEIR country!

Eric The(THEYShouldBeScaredAsWell!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Personnally I hate soccer moms and other flaming libefrals.  But I aam stunned how strongly you defend the muslim's in this country yet  call the soccer moms "part-time American"!!

We are all Amiricans, weather christian, muslim, or soccer mom.  This is what you are seeing in this country and for once I am proud of it!

Time for you to leave NSFjojo (aka Alek Baldwin), be a man and do what you said you would or repent.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:57:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Paul shows us why we are the "Sleeping Giant" by posting on the internet about what he personally plans to do to be prepared for even a seemingly small problem---

The backwards and primitive 3rd world cuntries(yeah, you read that right)don't even have the slightest conception of the internet, let alone what "only 2 square blocks" is...

Yet, they are fielding operatives to perpetrate disaster in our backyard.
Ironic.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#16]
You have issues, my flag always flys, my son is in the Army in DC, his wife watched ther blast from her office, my nephew did the filming for NBC, my best friend is in NYC kicking in doors and serving federal warrants.
You know what? I am prouder to be American today because the American people have been living up to their heritage, finally, did I say that both of my parents came from Europe my dad and uncles (4) served in WW2, ....get a grip dude....
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Get off NSFjojo's back. It's the fake or temporary "I'm proud to be an American" attitude, and "my head is stuck up my ass American in a month from now people" is who I think he is talking about. I know that's who I am referring to. Yes, in a way I am glad people are rallying around the flag now, but don't all of you that have had your flags and national pride all along free even alittle slighted. What happens when these inexpendsive K-mart flags start showing their age, and it's time to put out the smiling pumkin or snowman flags they used to fly. I'll tell you, they are going right into the trash. These soccer moms aren't going to lug the kiddies out to the VFW next year for a proper retirement.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Eric The(ChangedForever)Hun[>]:)]

View Quote

That says it all !!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I think we should all be afraid for the young men who WILL be there doing the dirty work that must be done.

Flags aren't just for holidays anymore! Mine will fly every day untill this is done. Then I'll retire it for a new one. It flys for all the men who won't come home. It lfys for the mothers that will get letters rather than sons. This is the price for freedom! Throughout history we have paid that price and we will pay it again. Freedom isn't cheap
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#20]
BigMac, get a marine flag, they are better made. I wore out several of the $10 ones, $25 gets you a decent one
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#22]
So Jojo. What's it gonna be: Romania or Hungary?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Like RikWriter I'm scared for by daughter and her peace of mind.

We live in a country where if you saw an unattended rucksack/school bag you thought nothing of it. If there was an unattended car in the parking lot you did the same.

Now it would be prudent to suspect every such occurance.

I don't like the change of attitude. My daughter just may never know what it was like to grow up not suspecting everything.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Like RikWriter I'm scared for by daughter and her peace of mind.

We live in a country where if you saw an unattended rucksack/school bag you thought nothing of it. If there was an unattended car in the parking lot you did the same.

Now it would be prudent to suspect every such occurance.

I don't like the change of attitude. My daughter just may never know what it was like to grow up not suspecting everything.
View Quote

North Dakota sounds pretty good right about now, doesn't it.

Just another of the many reasons not to live in a large city.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Scared?....NOT.....We will do what has to be done!...........[heavy]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

North Dakota sounds pretty good right about now, doesn't it.

Just another of the many reasons not to live in a large city.
View Quote

Yup. I live in a small town in CO. My home town in Nebr. isn't much bigger. And while in these two towns I would be rather safer it is those living in those big citys that need to be more careful. But shit runs downhill. It'll get here all too soon.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Scared? No. Uneasy? Yes.

I've already heard a lot in the news and on the Internet where people are proposing new "measures" that would have had no effect on the people who did this. The "innocent" (there are no truly innocent people, only people who are innocent in the specific case...) are going to pay the price for the guilty. The Bill of Rights and the Constitution may turn out to be the true casualties of this attack.

When we have military or law enforcement targets, we take them out with military action or law enforcement operations. Don't make everyone in the U.S. pay for what some foreigners did.

I'm very angry, and it's even worse that I don't know specifically who I should direct that anger at.

If this is a war, it's a new kind of war. With corporations with international political influence and larger security forces than some nations, and individuals seeking to project the power formerly reserved to nation-states, we will have to work out the how on the fly.

What scares me is that Americans seem to be willing to sacrifice their freedom for security. As Benjamin Franklin said, that is an illusion, and soon we will have neither.

I pray that we do not rush into decisions that will haunt us (domestically, that is) for as long as we remain a nation.

God Bless us and protect us in the days ahead.

Tom
[soapbox]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Get off NSFjojo's back. It's the fake or temporary "I'm proud to be an American" attitude, and "my head is stuck up my ass American in a month from now people" is who I think he is talking about. I know that's who I am referring to. Yes, in a way I am glad people are rallying around the flag now, but don't all of you that have had your flags and national pride all along free even alittle slighted. What happens when these inexpendsive K-mart flags start showing their age, and it's time to put out the smiling pumkin or snowman flags they used to fly. I'll tell you, they are going right into the trash. These soccer moms aren't going to lug the kiddies out to the VFW next year for a proper retirement.  
View Quote

You are absolutely correct. People are confusing blind nationalism generated by fear with patriotism. The majority of the American public were sheeple before this and still are even though they are flying the flag. When, not if, there are calls for "safety in exchange for freedom" they will be the first ones to agree and want even more "safety measures". How many of you heard of any increase in sales of copies of the U.S. CONSTITUTIONS? I sure haven't.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I fear riding public transportation after spending a day reading about terrorist activities in Israel.

_FS
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks Imbroglio. I was right for once. [smoke]

BTT
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You are absolutely correct. People are confusing blind nationalism generated by fear with patriotism.
View Quote

Or perhaps YOU are confusing anyone who disagrees with your personal politics as being sheeple.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry I read this post. Forgot that this was the "man" who wanted to move to "Hungry" (Hungary). Wait... Glad I read it ,I am hungry and didn't eat all day. Seriously, we live in the best country on God's green earth. Cheer up nsfjojo, I have felt that  way myself, you hopefully will grow out of it. Hang in there dude.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are absolutely correct. People are confusing blind nationalism generated by fear with patriotism.
View Quote

Or perhaps YOU are confusing anyone who disagrees with your personal politics as being sheeple.
View Quote

Perhaps YOU should try reading the entire post, instead of just the first sentence and making the rest up.

I noticed lately that you are just full of hatred for everyone that doesn't say exactly what you want them to. Has someone been pissing in your cereal? Going through withdrawal? Wife leave you for the UPS man?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Has someone been pissing in your cereal? Going through withdrawal? Wife leave you for the UPS man?
View Quote

Don't you think that was a bit of a cheap shot?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#35]
No, I don't. All Rikwriter has been doing all week long is bitching and whining about everything he reads on here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:46:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Perhaps YOU should try reading the entire post, instead of just the first sentence and making the rest up.
View Quote

It's only your arrogated opinion that I did not.
I have read enough of your posts lately, in their entirety, to be sick of your incessant drum-beating for this stupid conspiracy theory crap.

I noticed lately that you are just full of hatred for everyone that doesn't say exactly what you want them to. Has someone been pissing in your cereal? Going through withdrawal? Wife leave you for the UPS man?
View Quote

Ummm...maybe someone just MURDERED NEARLY TEN THOUSAND OF MY FELLOW CITIZENS?  Or did you already FORGET about them in your effort to find a government conspiracy under every fucking rock?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No, I don't. All Rikwriter has been doing all week long is bitching and whining about everything he reads on here.
View Quote

No, just everything YOU and your chicken-little handwaving nutcake friends post.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#38]
*moderator hat on*  Rik, Imbroglio, CAN IT!!!!!!!  there is truth in both of your arguments.  leave it at that.  personally, i'm sick of the pissing contests.

*changing hats, now to "just another AR15.com member*  yes, i'm scared.  i'm scared that this is just the very beginning.  and i'm scared that so many americans, even several on this board, think that a nice big bombing campaign or a nuke job is going to end this.  please!  i truly do not see an end to this.  we are forever marked in the eyes of some.  we are forever the enemy.

i'm scared that, in some sense, we will be living our lives much like Israel does.  always wondering when the next attack, car bomb, suicide bomber, etc. will occur.  and where?  oh, two blocks down.  whew!  safe for the time being.  i don't want to live like that.  i don't want to bring children into that.

it's common knowledge that American has been infiltrated.  are we so naive and ignorant, safe in our history, to believe that those already on our soil won't continue the "cause"?

and it's only going to get worse when America retaliates for Tuesday's attacks.  then the enemy will be "justified" in attacking again (not that they needed justification.)

yes, i'm scared.  but i'm ready to defend myself and my country, should it become necessary.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
*moderator hat on*  Rik, Imbroglio, CAN IT!!!!!!!  there is truth in both of your arguments.  leave it at that.  personally, i'm sick of the pissing contests.
View Quote

ARLady, I will "can it" the exact moment that Imbroglio and the rest stop posting the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.  Not before.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#40]
The united states government will ALWAYS have enemies......what the complacent people of this land have to wake up to is that we live in a militaristic world......it will be that way till you die, and then act/be prepared accordingly.....................
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm not scared.  But maybe that's because I live in rural America where ethnic diversity has yet to sprout and most everyone here is known to others in the community.  If I hadn't read the newspaper or watched television last week, I'd have no idea of the scope of the tragedy.  Other than noticing the lack of jet contrails in the sky, I wouldn't know life has been turned upside down.

Because our government has deprived me of my ability to defend myself, I won't travel on airliners until I hear the pilots are packing pistols.  It's not that I am scared, because I'm not, but I don't want to support an industry that cannot make a common sense argument for my personal safety.  In the meantime, I'll drive the car.  I much prefer being the master of my own destiny.

If I do have any fears, they center around a lack of will from our elected leaders to do exactly what it takes to combat the terrorists.  George W. Bush needs to address a joint session of Congress and emphatically declare, "EXTREMISM IN THE PURSUIT OF TERRORISTS AND THEIR MASTERS IS NO VICE!"
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

ARLady, I will "can it" the exact moment that Imbroglio and the rest stop posting the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.  Not before.
View Quote

Please tell me what "tin foil hat cospiracy theories" I have been posting.

You are so full of hatred that it has turned you into an irrational blithering idiot pointing the finger at everyone that doesn't agree with you.

Here is a simple solution for you: You don't like what you are reading GO AWAY. No one is forcing you to be here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Can I point out something?  It seems to me that everyone is expecting an immediate response from the United States. In my opinion this is because we are so tuned into instant gratification. I will submit to you that it took our country six months to retaliate to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor 60 years ago. We have progressed drastically in means of weapons delivery to targets in that time. We could and probably will deliver some pinpoint strikes to targets in the Middle East, but I think those targets are still being developed by the military.  Further we as Americans have a different sense of warfare than most other countries.  We as citizens need to stand up and show our unity as a country and our support for our military.  

I for one have considered for the past year going back into the reserves. I was turned down based on medical reasons following shoulder surgery. I am still considering it and would gladly pick up a weapon in defense on my homeland.  But, whom do we go after at this point?  Not the guy taking his family to the mosque up the street. That would be like someone going after you for being a catholic, Episcopalian or Presbyterian, or what ever.  Remember this country was founded on principals like freedom of religion, no matter what it is.

Am I scared for my country? Yes and no. I am scared of the unknown. What this place will be like in 6months, or a year. I am scared that people are willing to give up their freedoms in the name of "security", for if that happens its all over. But I also realize that the people or Sheeple as they have been called, who say such silly things either are acting out of emotion and fear, are uneducated as to the foundations of our nation, or are the products of 40 years of socialization, i.e. the soccer moms, the Rosie O'donuts etc.  There will always be those who oppose war. In WWI and WWII they were called "conscientious objectors".

I have faith that this nation will prevail. We were very much in the same boat prior to WWII. People have believed that we were "untouchable" in our lands, mainly because we have never really been attacked, until now.  People have become soft, accustomed getting everything they want, when they want it. This is a wake up call. It's going to take time, patience and the support of our nation.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Please tell me what "tin foil hat cospiracy theories" I have been posting.
View Quote

That the whole war on terrorism being espoused is nothing but an excuse to crack down on gunowners, and that this is all our fault for being "interventionist."

You are so full of hatred that it has turned you into an irrational blithering idiot pointing the finger at everyone that doesn't agree with you.
View Quote

Whereas you apparently didn't need anything at all to turn you into a blithering idiot.
I am full of anger, not hatred. I don't hate anyone. I don't even hate Bin Laden...I feel about him the way you would feel about a mad dog. You know it needs killing, but you don't hate it.  I am full of anger at the attitudes of the self-described (heretofore) "patriots" here that in time of a national crisis when THOUSANDS of innocent people have been murdered, can do nothing but second-guess and criticize BEFORE ANY ACTION HAS EVEN BEEN TAKEN.

Here is a simple solution for you: You don't like what you are reading GO AWAY. No one is forcing you to be here.
View Quote

Hypocrite.  If you really believed that, you wouldn't be answering me.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Hate to break it to you pal, but this is still a gun website and this is the general discussion section not the "Rikwriter" forum.

Why don't you start up your own bbs and you can rant and rave all you want.

If you don't want to do that, how about shelling out $60 to help the Avilas pay for this place?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hate to break it to you pal, but this is still a gun website and this is the general discussion section not the "Rikwriter" forum.
Why don't you start up your own bbs and you can rant and rave all you want.
View Quote

AH, I see...then this must be the IMBROGLIO FORUM, since you seem to feel free to rant and rave to YOUR heart's content.  Apparently it is only when someone disagrees with you that they are out of line, eh?
How could you even type that paragraph without becoming physically ill from the hypocricy it contained?

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you don't want to do that, how about shelling out $60 to help the Avilas pay for this place?
View Quote

I didn't realize that merely paying the $60 made one a "better" or "more dedicated" AR15.com member, as you just unquestionably implied.

Of course, you seem to think that you are a better American than most of our nation's population, so the statement above should certainly have come as no surprise.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I am a bit scared too.  I began making preparations for events such as these a few weeks before it happened.  I got married this year and realized I now am responsible for my wife.  Now I have a million things racing through my mind, like what should I buy this payday ammo or chemical suits.  It might sound paranoid but who thought that someone would hijack 4 or more planes and crash them into major us buildings?  My wife wants to have a baby, I am now not to sure.  If I bring a child into this world what is he/she gonna have to deal with.  

Dont be so hard on those who just started flying flags.  Maybe Tuesday morning was a wake up call.  Maybe these people have become true patriots.  I grew up in the military and have always been patriotic.  It touches my heart to see bill boards at the gas stations and fast food joints with encouraging words, "United We Stand" " God Bless America " etc...
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Cheer up!  I'm nopt so scared anymore.  It seems everything is getting better.  My new place RIGHT NEXT TO THE COLLEGE is ready tommorow, It will cut down on travel which can increase the amount of hours I can work.  I've seen flags outside of everyhome in my neighborhood and some even take the colors down before the goto sleep and put them back up at dawn!  Maybe this is the time not to hole up and dig in but start preaching the Constitution and fight the irrational viewpoints openely and loudly.  I think the nation is listening.  Time to show everyone what a true America could be.  

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't realize that merely paying the $60 made one a "better" or "more dedicated" AR15.com member, as you just unquestionably implied.

Of course, you seem to think that you are a better American than most of our nation's population, so the statement above should certainly have come as no surprise.
View Quote

Touché:
Boomer 1
Imbroglio 0  

Jay
Arizona

Life is hard:
It's harder if you're stupid"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top