Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/1/2006 3:07:47 PM EDT

Residents use pig races to deter building of mosque

By Ted Oberg
(11/29/06 - KTRK/KATY, TX) - There's an awful lot of exciting news when you round the corner on Baker Road. One of two big yellow signs announces a new neighbor is coming soon.

K.I.A., that's the Katy Islamic Association, plan to build a mosque here.

"It's not an appropriate place to have a mosque or church," said resident Barbara Simpson.

It isn't going over real well.

"As a house of worship, they shouldn't be disturbing the peace and tranquility of 15 homes," said resident John Wetmore.

Neighbors tell us they're concerned about traffic and drainage and a little fear of the unknown. Some of the homeowners even offered to buy the land back for more than a million dollars. The K.I.A. doesn't seem very interested in the offers.

"We're not going anywhere," said Katy Islamic Association member Alvi Muzfar.

So it seems the community at the end of Baker Road has a pretty good fight. But this fight has gone much farther than many between two neighbors. You see in these fights, sometimes neighbors throw mud at one another. In this instance, they're wallowing in it.

Craig Baker owns pigs. He's the guy behind the second big yellow sign on Baker Road. That's the one announcing Friday night pig races.

"What does it matter, I can do whatever I want with my land right," asked landowner Craig Baker.

Sure can. But aren't pigs on the property line racing on a Friday night a little offensive to a Muslim neighbor?

"The meat of a pig is prohibited in the religion of Islam," said Katy Islamic Association member Youssof Allam. "It's looked upon as a dirty creature."

Yeah, there's that and also that Friday night is a Muslim holy day.

"That is definitely a slap in the face," said Allam..

Now before you go thinking Craig Baker is unfair, or full of hate, or somehow racist, hear him out.

Baker has long roots here. His family named the road and when the new neighbors moved in, he tells us, they asked him to move out.

"Basically that I should package up my family and my business and find a place elsewhere," said Baker. "That's ridiculous, they just bought the place one week prior and he's telling me I should think about leaving."

That new owners deny they ever said anything like that, but Baker isn't budging.

Baker admits the pigs are a message he is not leaving.

The 11-acre property is sandwiched between a pricey subdivision and Craig Baker's business.

K.I.A. eventually plans to build a mosque, a gym and a school there. There's no date for the groundbreaking ceremonies, or the first pig race.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
He should also post pikes along the border of the property with the heads of the porcine losers.

I bet that would go over well too.

Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I see nothing wrong with a pig race amongst friends
I may have to fly down there and see if I can race one
myself
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Having a house of worship near your house can be very distruptive.

A couple I know used to live next door to a Coptic Orthodox church.  It was called St. Demiana.  They started at the crack of dawn every Sunday and were LOUD.  Wednesday night was prayer meeting.

My friends referred to the church as "St. Demianiuk".
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

K.I.A. eventually plans to build a mosque, a gym and a school there. There's no date for the groundbreaking ceremonies, or the first pig race.

Let me guess, the gym will include weight lifting and martial arts, and the school will be a flight school.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
He should barbeque the pig who comes in last....and invite his new neighbours to partcipate in the festivities
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Get some.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm near Katy
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I have thought about this long and hard, and I can't figure out a way to say what I want to say without violating the CoC.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And that is how your neighbors feel about your planned Mosque.

Perhaps a weekly BBQ is in order.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I love it!  And "KIA" seems so appropriate for the name of the Islamic group.  

Go piggy, go!

Edited to host the last picture myself so I'm not stealing bandwidth.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#11]
God bless American ingenuity, let them take there pagen, head chopping, suicide bomber religon elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me guess, the gym will include weight lifting and martial arts, and the school will be a flight school.

And a gunrange in the basement.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When was the last time you met a muj who was worth a shit hand to hand? Apparently the value of fighting with their hands went away with the invention of the suicide bomb.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#14]
poor durka durkas..lmao
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope he increases the size of his pig herd to the absolute max his property can support.

And I hope he feeds them lots and lots of beans.

Nothing like a yard full of farting, shitting pigs to say "Hiya, neighbor!"  

CJ
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't want one near my house.

Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Baker has long roots here. His family named the road and when the new neighbors moved in, he tells us, they asked him to move out.

"Basically that I should package up my family and my business and find a place elsewhere," said Baker. "That's ridiculous, they just bought the place one week prior and he's telling me I should think about leaving."

That new owners deny they ever said anything like that, but Baker isn't budging.

Baker admits the pigs are a message he is not leaving.

The 11-acre property is sandwiched between a pricey subdivision and Craig Baker's business.

OH NO!  We never told him to leave.  We weren't looking at his land for the school/gym grounds....

FUCK YOU, BUDDY!!  Have a rib.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Give 'em hell, boys.  Don't fuck with Texas.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about the slaughter pig's head on a pike facing the KIA property?
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#21]
God Bless Craig Baker, and his neighbors....

Hell, I'd have pig races Fridays with HOT Texas strippers wandering clad in the skimpiest of bikini's, a big BarBQ every Saturday with more hot strippers, Pig petting zoos for the kids on Sundays.....letting the womenfolk be completely in charge

Invite the neighbors over....it's wholesome fun...

Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#22]
A massive outdoor Pig BBQ coinciding w/ every meeting, with plenty of SMOKING grills, sending the smell of Bovine Love their way ought to make a bold statement.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
God Bless Craig Baker, and his neighbors....

Hell, I'd have pig races Fridays with HOT Texas strippers wandering clad in the skimpiest of bikini's, a big BarBQ every Saturday with more hot strippers, Pig petting zoos for the kids on Sundays.....letting the womenfolk be completely in charge

Invite the neighbors over....it's wholesome fun...

You forgot the BOOZE!  Lots of it, flowing freely.  And the smell of stale beer should waft over the mosque next morning!
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Could you squeeze a small range on 11 arces? When they call people to prayers, the range is free.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#25]
did somebody say "squeal like a pig"??  
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Just had a BBQ pork Sammich,  think I'll have another.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I hope he increases the size of his pig herd to the absolute max his property can support.

And I hope he feeds them lots and lots of beans.

Nothing like a yard full of farting, shitting pigs to say "Hiya, neighbor!"  

CJ

and maybe have some strategically placed holes in the fence.  only thing worse than pigs next to a mosque, would be pigs in the mosque
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck yeah!  Pig races...I hear pigs are smart and make good pets.  Pigs ought to become the official pet of ARFCOM.
I have a big enough back yard I could probably have a few.

Link Posted: 12/1/2006 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Two Muslim mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a pint of goat's
milk. The older of the mothers pulls her bag out and starts flipping
through photos and they start reminiscing.

This is my oldest son Mohammed. He's 24 years old now."

"Yes, I remember him as a baby," says the other mother cheerfully.

"He's a martyr now though," mum confides.

"Oh, so sad dear," says the other.

"And this is my second son Kalid. He's 21."

"Oh, I remember him," says the other happily. "He had such curly hair when
he was born."

"He's a martyr too," says mum quietly.

"Oh gracious me," says the other.

"And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed. He's 18," she
whispers.

"Yes," says the friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first
started school."

"He is a martyr, also," says mum, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at
the photographs and says...

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"

Link Posted: 12/1/2006 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#30]
that is beautiful.  I give that a big +1!
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Katy hahaha That's where I'm from!! Kick Ass!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice to see my hometown is making it on arfcom. I promise to have pictures of the pig races after i go home in 2 weeks. This is actually happening behind my mom's neighoborhood.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Two Muslim mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a pint of goat's
milk. The older of the mothers pulls her bag out and starts flipping
through photos and they start reminiscing.

This is my oldest son Mohammed. He's 24 years old now."

"Yes, I remember him as a baby," says the other mother cheerfully.

"He's a martyr now though," mum confides.

"Oh, so sad dear," says the other.

"And this is my second son Kalid. He's 21."

"Oh, I remember him," says the other happily. "He had such curly hair when
he was born."

"He's a martyr too," says mum quietly.

"Oh gracious me," says the other.

"And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed. He's 18," she
whispers.

"Yes," says the friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first
started school."

"He is a martyr, also," says mum, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at
the photographs and says...

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"

Haha, i love that one... first time i heard it a kid actually told it in class! It was hilarious!
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking as well.  Whenever they're gathering it would be time to start the ribs.  Or turn the ribs.  Or the butt.  I'm sure they're REALLY fond of pork butt!
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Need address and time of the next event.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Need to open a bbq joint next door.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Well I for one welcome our Muslim neighbors. ,,,,,,,,,,,,Eh whatever I mean I would imagine they are not very conservative as far as Islam is concerned or they wouldn't be setting up shop in the middle of bum fuck Texas, but all bets are off if they start blasting that prayer call shit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Katy, Tx is about 30 miles west of Houston. Not out in the sticks. Pig races and a sack of pork skins. Of course the wind may blow some of the pork skins over to next door.      
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Well I for one welcome our Muslim neighbors. ,,,,,,,,,,,,Eh whatever I mean I would imagine they are not very conservative as far as Islam is concerned or they wouldn't be setting up shop in the middle of bum fuck Texas, but all bets are off if they start blasting that prayer call shit.

Just play a 100 decibel copy of Salamon Rushi's Audio book.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Just down the road from me...ten mniute drive.
When are the races gonna start?

Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
God bless American ingenuity, let them take there pagen, head chopping, suicide bomber religon elsewhere.

Just in case you didn't know, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all have very close ties and follow nearly the same wording.

Most Muslims view Christians as Christians view Jews and Jews view Christians.

I mean heck, Muhammad spoke to G*d through Gabriel, the same angel who spoke to Zacharias.

And He was simply the last Prophet of G*d for Muslims.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Fire mission: we're buying that man a case of beer and pork rinds.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#43]
If they turn on those loudspeakers beckoning the faithful to worship, it's going to suck in that 'hood.  I think some of our midwesterners are complaining about that already.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Before some IA's show up and wag their finger at us "islamophobes", Think about this. These Mosques pray 5 fucking times a day! and they wont use Central or Mountain time!!they use Mecca time. That means that at 3am in the morning they will start blasting from a loudspeaker. Imagine if a church rang its bells at 3 am in the morning.
Of course if the church did it theyd be shut down, but if a Muslims does it the NAACP will run to their defense so...............
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just in case you didn't know, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all have very close ties and follow nearly the same wording.

I mean heck, Muhammad spoke to G*d through Gabriel, the same angel who spoke to Zacharias.

That's like saying men and women all have very close ties and have nearly the same DNA. Sure, it may be true, but the difference are kinda important.

Link Posted: 12/1/2006 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's like saying men and women all have very close ties and have nearly the same DNA. Sure, it may be true, but the difference are kinda important.

So what are the major differences between Judaism, Christianity and Islam?

Do you belive in Allah?
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh wow, a real genius and islamic scholar we got here.
First off your assertion

FALSE!
You do realise that if you a NOT a muslim then automatically you CANNOT belive that right?? Its basic logic. If you are a christian or Jew or hindu or whatever and you actually belive that statement then by definition you MUST convert to Islam, if you dont then you'll end up in hell, according to muslims. Becuase you are denying the truth of islam and allah and what you yourself believe. Its like a Jew saying "oh yes Jesus was the Messiach. But i chose not to read the gospels or learn anthing about what is in them."

Then this jewel of wisdom,

What wording?? you mean Torah? You mean Gospel? IF that is what you mean then you are dead wrong. Its not Nearly the same, its not even close. Wrong names, wrong places, essentially the wrong story, and in all the stories in the Koran you get the same message, Belive in Allah and muhammud or die in hell. The bible is quite different, it actually reads like a book with a begining, a middle and an end and it is  chronological.
It was also written by different people so each part has its own style. The Koran is Monotone.
In fact if you look at the religious practices of the Arabs BEFORE Islam and after they are essentially the same and bear no resemblence to Judaism or Christianity at all.
They are still doing the rituals to the moon god Al-rahman as they always did. The only thing they really did was do away with all the other minor gods and godesses of polytheism and turn it into worship of a "one God" but so what? It aint our God, its a Pre-islamic Moon diety.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what Id do, and I just happen to REALLY like pork
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh wow, a real genius and islamic scholar we got here.
First off your assertion

FALSE!
You do realise that if you a NOT a muslim then automatically you CANNOT belive that right?? Its basic logic. If you are a christian or Jew or hindu or whatever and you actually belive that statement then by definition you MUST convert to Islam, if you dont then you'll end up in hell, according to muslims. Becuase you are denying the truth of islam and allah and what you yourself believe. Its like a Jew saying "oh yes Jesus was the Messiach. But i chose not to read the gospels or learn anthing about what is in them."

Then this jewel of wisdom,

What wording?? you mean Torah? You mean Gospel? IF that is what you mean then you are dead wrong. Its not Nearly the same, its not even close. Wrong names, wrong places, essentially the wrong story, and in all the stories in the Koran you get the same message, Belive in Allah and muhammud or die in hell. The bible is quite different, it actually reads like a book with a begining, a middle and an end and it is  chronological.
It was also written by different people so each part has its own style. The Koran is Monotone.
In fact if you look at the religious practices of the Arabs BEFORE Islam and after they are essentially the same and bear no resemblence to Judaism or Christianity at all.
They are still doing the rituals to the moon god Al-rahman as they always did. The only thing they really did was do away with all the other minor gods and godesses of polytheism and turn it into worship of a "one God" but so what? It aint our God, its a Pre-islamic Moon diety.

Im not going to read everything you wrote because it's pretty hard to read with the spacing and my eyes are starting to go on me.

But I don't belive any one has spoken to an Angel. So I have no reason to praise Allah, God or Yahweh.

I did see your mention of the moon G*d I find that a hoot, seeing how modern Christian's celebrate Christmas in December, a month that has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus.

Merry Christmas or should I say Merry Saturnalia
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what are the major differences between Judaism, Christianity and Islam?

Do you belive in Allah?

Do I belive in Allah? NO. plain and simple. Allah is a pre-islamic moon god that the arabs had always worshiped.

What are the Major differences in Christianity, Judaism and Islam? HA! do you even know?? You probably dont but im sure that wont stop you from preaching about some bullshit peaceful unity between all the "monotheism" faiths. Cumbaya, my lord, Cumbaya.

Here are some of the Major differences between Judaism and Islam--
Islam belives in hell. Jews dont.
Islam belives in a devil, Jews dont.
The sabbath for Jews has ALWAYS since the begining been saturday, Muslims "just decided" to make friday their holy day.
The Jews have a holy scripture called the Torah, Muslims dont.
The Muslims "Insist" that ABraham built the Kabba, Jews dont even have a record of that event at all.
The most holy city of Jews is Jerusalem, The most holy city of Muslims is Mecca.
starting to see any similarities? I dont.
Islam still requires a Animal sacrifice to its god.
Judaism requires no such Primitive sacrafice.
Muslims pray toward Mecca as they always have.
Jews pray in whatever direction they like. (God is Everywhere)
Jews have the 10 commandments, Muslims dont.
Muslims belive the only sure way to get to paradise is to die in a holy war killing infidels. Jews dont belive that, not even for a second.
Muslims to this day practise Polygamy, Jews gave that up 2000 years ago.
There are still a crap load of stuff i could list but i dont wanna be here all day.
And that is just the Jews, for the Christians its pretty much the same.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top