Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2001 4:46:17 PM EDT
I was driving back from the range tonight, after sighting in a Weaver V10 on my flattop carbine.  The guy on the radio was issuing a reminder for everyone to go outside right at 7:00 o’ clock, light a candle and remember all the victims and all the brave souls lost that were murdered Tuesday morning.  I saw at least a hundred people with candles burning on my drive home, outside of restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and private residences.  It’s about half past 7 now and I can still see candles burning out in front of people’s homes.  I had no idea how emotional I could get seeing complete strangers performing such a simple act of solidarity – I was touched beyond words.

And then I thought, isn’t this sort of a waste of candles when there are millions upon millions of members of the Taliban that we should be burning, as I write this, right now?

[pissed](3 days gone by and I’m still very fucking angry, very fucking sad - all topped off with a twinge of helplessness)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top