BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2001 7:45:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Done.  [pissed]

HiramRanger - good to see you and hope you and your family are safe.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And if you really want to let them know what you think…

Neal
Washington DC Web Address: [url]http://www.house.gov/neal/[/url]
Washington DC Web Mail Address: http://www.house.gov/neal/guestbook.htm
Washington DC Web Mail Address 2:          
[url]http://www.house.gov/writerep/[/url]
Washington DC Address
   2236 Rayburn House Office Building
   Washington, DC   20515-2102
   Phone: 202-225-5601
   Fax: 202-225-8112

Meehan
Washington DC EMail Address: [email protected]
Washington DC Web Address:
[url]http://www.house.gov/meehan/[/url]
Washington DC Web Mail Address:
[url]http://www.house.gov/writerep/[/url]
Washington DC Address
   2447 Rayburn House Office Building
   Washington, DC   20515-2105
   Phone: 202-225-3411
   TTYD Number: 202-225-1904
   Fax: 202-226-0771

Edited because I'm a moron
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#4]
speaking of calling Bush a coward.  HELLLLLLOOOOOO!!!!!  he's our president.  we can't exactly have him running staight into harm's way every time there's a terrorist act.  he is responsible for a LOT of things and being visible to the American public to "cry with us" is pretty low on that list.

when it comes right down to it, i'd like nothing more than proof that he's okay and evidence that he's kicking arse.  i'd rather him to his job and punish those murderers than stand by a bunch of hospital beds comforting the wounded.  THAT is a bunch of PR.  (not that i'm disrespecting the victims.  i can't believe i have to add that to avoid the flames.)

as humans we accuse people of things of which we are guilty.  i guess meehan and heal should know what a PR spin effort is.  they've been a part of a fair number of them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Call your own Congressman as well to express your displeasure. Their colleagues can do them as much damage as their constituents when logrolling time comes in the House.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I would think the Secret Service probably advised the president not to return to Washington.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#7]
His national security advisors as well.  It would have been utterly stupid that have gone back immediately to DC.  I work with an ex Air Force officer who said they did exactly what they were supposed to do.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#8]
More numbers to jam, these are their local offices in MA:
Neal: 413-785-0325
Meehan: 978-459-0101

Interestingly, I called my own Rep. (McGovern), a blatant liberal himself, and office was PISSED at both Meehan and Neal. Meehan's web site has a pro-bush quote on it now, gutless weasel.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's my letter:

Dear Congressman Meehan,

I am astonished that you would have the nerve to criticize the President for not proceeding directly to the White House in the wake of the terrorist attacks on Tuesday.  If there was no credible threat, there would have been no reason to detour from Florida to Lousiana and Nebraska before returning to Washington.  What did you think the President was doing - stopping off for a Po' Boy and then having some corn?  Your political posturing in a time of war is pathetic.  

Thankfully, you haven't learned that campaign finance reform should consist of constituents making contributions only in the districts they are represented in.  That allows me to make contributions to your opponent when you come up for election.

Please keep in mind that further criticisms of the President will only ensure that I add more to your opponent's campaign funds.

Sincerely,

RichinCM
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
More numbers to jam, these are their local offices in MA:
Neal: 413-785-0325
Meehan: 978-459-0101

Interestingly, I called my own Rep. (McGovern), a blatant liberal himself, and office was PISSED at both Meehan and Neal. Meehan's web site has a pro-bush quote on it now, gutless weasel.
View Quote

Gutless weasel is absolutely right. I just called both these pukes' offices. Neal's office said, "bla bla, taken out of context, fully behind Mr Bush...bla bla bla..."
Meehan's office: woman at the other end just sat there and listened. I spoke very politely and firmly saying, I would contribute to his opponent- in WHATEVER election Mr Meehan ever ran in. She didn't even reply. Somehow, from the sound of phones ringing behind here, he's set off a firestorm. Bastard.

EVERYBODY CALL THESE JERKS-- NOW! _BE NICE_, BUT FLOOD THEIR LINES WITH CALLS!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad to see you back on board, Hiram Ranger.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top