Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 9:45:38 PM EDT
in light of all the shit going on, id just like to point out some stuff.
now the link is (abv version)
www.gulflink.osd.mil/declass.docs/dia
now this has to do with the iraqi water treatment facilities(you can find it sorry)
our sanctions against them and what not have left the civilians without treated water for some time and we knew about it(our gov i mean).
and hundreds of thousands have died from it.

now in light of what happended to us tuesday, you know, maybe our gov isnt that much better than these terrorists.
this really makes me sick.
is no one righteous?
how can we blame the guys who are pissed off at us when we do shit like that.
no its NO EXCUSE but man the truth be known it really makes me nausious that our gov would do something like this.
we are supposed to bring justice, not tyranny.
damn it im so dissapointed...
i dont even know what to say...

God help us,
BB
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The sanctions would be lifted as soon as Saddam complies with the requirements. Perhaps you should be looking in that direction with your anger.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]
and yet I feel no sympathy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Bean you are a weak idiot.  Who is reporting all of these deaths?  Who is allowing it to happen? Sadam!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Saddam doesn't give a crap about the sanctions.  HE doesn't lack water, food, or medicine.

It's the people out in the rural villages who are dying.

If you want Saddam out, declare war, invade, and kill him.

Instead, the U.S. stopped the war, didn't invade, let him kill off his opposition, and left him to do whatever he wanted.

Everyone keeps talking about how Osama bin Laden was the one who pulled these terrorist attacks, but I'd bet even-money that Saddam is the backer.  And if he wasn't this time, he will be the next time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Saddam can get supplies in to his country anytime he wants(he has all kinds of planes-- 727'2,737',747's etc... that route through Jordan or Syria as relief flights almost every week.(Gee I wonder where they got pilots for the assault on  the WTC?) And this is even with the embargo and no fly zones. He doesn't give a shit about his people. It's easier to control the masses when they don't have food, water or basic medical supplies. Peddle your shit some where else. If they want sympathy and aid then they need to start acting like civilized human beings.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I can bet saddam and his inner circle isn't drinking untreated water. Petty Tyrants don't give a rat's ass about the quality of life for their subjects.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad you all said it so I didnt have to.  The other point is this.  How do you know that it is us that is making the water unsafe to drink and not Saddam making the whole thing up to make the US look evil?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
[>(] [>(] [>(]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Saddam doesn't give a crap about the sanctions.  HE doesn't lack water, food, or medicine.

It's the people out in the rural villages who are dying.

If you want Saddam out, declare war, invade, and kill him.

Instead, the U.S. stopped the war, didn't invade, let him kill off his opposition, and left him to do whatever he wanted.

Everyone keeps talking about how Osama bin Laden was the one who pulled these terrorist attacks, but I'd bet even-money that Saddam is the backer.  And if he wasn't this time, he will be the next time.
View Quote

You are absolutley right on the money, Achmed.

Bin Laden is a small fish - Saddam is a shark. He doesn't care about his people's suffering. In fact he has personally benefitted from the sanctions.

Every Iraqi & Iraqi-American I know (and I know quite a few being in SE Michigan) has always said that we need to kill Saddam and remove that regime from power. Saddam has always molded himself after Stalin and created a Soviet-Bolshevik police state of unequalled paranoia and terror. There has been no one left there for decades who dares to speak out against him in any form. I think the majority of the population would welcome their freedom from a victorius war.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Wouldnt nuclar wepons make the water safe???  Ok no on the topic, Sadam doesnt care about his people.  He kills off the Kurds everytime he gets the chance.  The United States is not resposible.  Sadam would be doing the same thing even if he didnt have sanctions against him.  Thats the way it is and the way its gonna be.  Everyone in this country needs to roll up there sleves and get dirty and to get the job done.  Im not afaid of a terriost attack, yes it could happen but im not going let them scare me like that.  I do worry what im gonna do if we do go to war, my choices are Marines or the Army Paratroopers...im not sure witch one i want.  But i will drop everything and enlist if we go to war, right now im enlisting in the NG
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#11]
wow bubba thanks for the kind words!

you obviously dont have a clue.
last time i checked having sympathy or empathy was not a weakness.
i just dont understand why we cant admit that our government does evil as well.
but i guess when the u.s. does it its acceptable.
me personally, i think we should condem it even more so than similar actions from other countries. lead by example. not just because we have the biggest guns.
being a "weak" former Marine (who may just be called back up depending on how serious this gets)i can quote Chesty Puller on saying "i was a thug for captialism"(or words to that effect), he wasnt dissalusioned about his fighting abroad.
the u.s. has blocked many attempts to get the nessesary supplies for the water treatment into iraq. and Achmed is dead on. this isnt hurting sadass, its hurting the farmers and villagers that have no choice but to put up with s's crap.

you have to read the document. this was intentional. biological warfare.
jeeze come on guys im not some bleeding heart liberal here, im just presenting the facts. how we (and i mean we as i am a vetran, not like a fan at a baseball game saying "we kicked thier ass") would have handled the opposing military forces is not an issue. i kill them before they kill me. but to me, the water thing is the same as the WTC thing(even though they are more used to being killed and fucked over all the time, almost like they expect it which is a travesty). those people in the buildings were killed impart because of the percieved notion of what our government is doing to the arab states(and because they were murderous, duh!) NOT because of anything those "evil capitalists" did in working in the trade center. though maybe that in itself is  enough for them.
our gov should NOT be at that level by any means. i dont see how anyone can condone such an action. no matter who does it.
and once again this has nothing to do with a thought of retaliation or not. that wasnt the point. no thought is needed on that front(on deciding to attack alone...). it was just on the point of "own medicine" no one on either side deserves what has happened or still is happening to them.
justice shouldnt only go to those who can afford a lawyer, dont you think?
im not  saying solve all the world problems, but for crying out loud dont impose any!
im getting tired.
have a good night (or whatever when you read this, if you even bother),
and God Bless
BB
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:06:31 AM EDT
[#12]
The suffering in Iraq is the responsibility of one man, and one man only, and that man is Saddam Hussein.  If the people are suffering that bad, they should overthrow him.  I have no sympathy whatsoever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top