Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 11:39:22 AM EDT
An interesting article I found on www.ornery.org . I believe, but cannot absolutely confirm, that it was written by Orson Scott Card.

[url]http://www.ornery.org/essays/2001-09-11-1.html[/url].
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Bumping this. Must-Read, folks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]

..and when you are done reading it. read it again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Good one.  Required reading.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a cheaper, faster idea.

Stop sending Israel the money and means to kill Arabs. If they wanna kill Arabs, fine. There are a VERY few Arabs  I would like to kill.

But if we are gonna pick one side oif a VERY intense fight, we should expect to get our nose bloodied every once in a while.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
here is what I think of the referenced article.

[puke]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
"I have a cheaper, faster idea.

Stop sending Israel the money and means to kill Arabs. If they wanna kill Arabs, fine. There are a VERY few Arabs I would like to kill."

Yes! that's it. We will just stop helping them kill the poor lil. Arads(cowareds) cuz. they are such good people[;D]

"But if we are gonna pick one side oif a VERY intense fight, we should expect to get our nose bloodied every once in a while."

You make me sick!
What do you think it was right for the cowareds to kill people that did not kill there poeple did not go over there and blow them up.
Israel has been at war with faceless cowards for years and we help them out,now we at war with them and now they better have more than kids with rocks.

What the hell do you mean if we pick one side!?! we shoud aways pick a side just the right side if that means we get a "bloody nose" them FINE! your no less a cowared than the rag heads!

PS: yo dick head you want to f#$ck with people for typos?   "pick one side oif"

What the hell is a "OIF" [%|]

LOOK AT ME I'M SO COOL NOW! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You make me sick!
What do you think it was right for the cowareds to kill people that did not kill there poeple did not go over there and blow them up.

View Quote

Did I say that???

NO.

Did I even imply that????

NO.

Have I said REPEATEDLY in this forum, that we should go over there and annihilate those cowards???

YES.

Do you feel like a jerk???

NO, but you should.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, it is indeed Orson Scott Card's work.  It's linked off the top of his official webpage at [url]http://www.hatrack.com/[/url].  I'm still a little unceartain as to how much I agree with it.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
PS: yo dick head you want to f#$ck with people for typos?   "pick one side oif"

What the hell is a "OIF" [%|]

View Quote

Scorecard -

A2car  -  seven typos (not to mention horrendous punctuation and syntax.)

garandman   -  one typo.

Match goes to   - -   a2car.

Congrats man - you win a Websters Dicrionary.

[}:D]

BTW - I guess in your world, "fuck" is no longer a "four letter word." Its a five letter word.

ROTFLOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I was interviewed yesterday when I finally got out of the area and this sounds just like what I told the reporter.

"Those who attacked us are not terrorists. They are soldiers, and we are at war.

We have been at war for years, and it has been only the stupidity and selfishness of our leadership and the complacency of the American people that prevented us from recognizing this after the bombings in East Africa or the attack on an American warship in Yemen."

I can't agree with this person more.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Nick1950 -

I was with the article early on, especially the part you quoted.

Where he lost me was the "let's go militarily occupy the entire Arab world."

That's not even strategically possible.

The writer must had been born POST Clinton presidency. Otherwise, he would know we can't even hardly feed and house our troops, never mind deploy enough of them, right in the middle of a war zone, to be able to impose our will on the Arab world.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top