Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 8:00:08 PM EDT
Should the towers be rebuilt?

I know it would be an instant target for terrorists and a lot of people would be reluctant to work there, but damnit, part of me says they should be rebuilt bigger and better.
If we let them (these Fuc*ing bastard terrorists) change our lifestyle, then to some degree, they've won.

Your thoughts.......
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Rebuild them. Rebuild them in the exact same way with prominent memorials in front.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been thinking the same thing all day. I say we build them with the same architecture only [b]BIGGER AND STRONGER![/b]  Make them 130 stories or more and expand the bases as big as possible just leaving ample space in the WTC Plaza.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Just make sure to put some SAM launchers on 'em...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
With Anti-Aircraft system built-in to protect - like in Navy Ships.  

I guess they can hire many of us to work to protect and serve.

I am sure many of us won't mind if we get to play with the toys once in a while ... All Ammo is paid for.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Cyrax777 said something to me today about rebuilding the twin towers in the form of two extended middle fingers. Sounds good to me.

Cyrax also said something about people using this as an excuse to pass more laws to further restrict our freedoms. Hopefully not.

Well better airport security is probably a good idea. I wouldn't mind showing up an extra hour early to go through security if it means it is that much more dificult to take over the plane.

Maybe they should start building the planes so there is no passage between the cockpit and the passenger area. Wanna hijack the plain? How long can you hold your breath at 2000 feet?

Personally I don't really care about the buildings; it's the innocent people that were killed that's just wrong.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet you could get at least 200,000,000 people to donate $10 each towards rebuilding them. . .
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't believe the towers I seen King Kong climb in the movies are gone, not to mention countless other movies they have been in.  I'm not from New York and have never been there, but this is just SUPER BAD.  I hope when I wake up tommorow that someone responsible for this outrage will have been bombed into the stoneage.  Wait a second, most of those assholes still live on the stoneage. [pissed]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
A little bravado....

I say we rebuild them and hang the mother humpers responsible for this from the top of the building. And leave them there to rot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A little bravado....

I say we rebuild them and hang the mother humpers responsible for this from the top of the building. And leave them there to rot.
View Quote

Maybe we should impale them at the top on the new towers. Mmmmmmm, terrorist shish kabob.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Paul, see the 1970s vintage King Kong with Jessica Lange.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree.  Rebuild them as if to say, "Give your best shot we won't live in fear."  Also some 20mm vulcan cannons would be a nice touch.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:10:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Rebuilding is a [i]must[/i].
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:17:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Precisely because they are so vunerable, they must be rebuilt again, as a gesture that we will [u]never[/u] again permit such an attack to occur!

And the newer buildings will be built with 21st century technology, not 1960s!

Eric The(OtherwiseAmericanPresidentsWillLiveUnderground)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:26:54 AM EDT
[#15]
They didn't rebuild the Murrah building in Oklahoma.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:43:42 AM EDT
[#16]
That was my thought too.  They might make the grounds into a park/memorial, a la Oklahoma City.  Just as powerful a reminder, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top