Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 3:22:12 PM EDT
Who knows. With Schumer and Klinton as senators, they could take swipes at US citizens b/c of this.

It would not surprise me the least, but I think even they would not cross that line.

What do you think? Will they target guns like they always do?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Count on it!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Rumor Central has it that the hijackers used knives and box openers, but the ants will find something, if indirectly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully those moron democraps will realize the importance of citizens able to protect themselves,afterall the police and military will be too busy.or will be protecting all politicians.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I for one, am not prepared to give up shit!

We already gave up too much in the past.

BTW- I'm referring to guns, knives and other weapons as such.

Not waiting in a longer line at the airport.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Count on it!
View Quote

You got it all wrong.  Now is the time to fight for our right to defend ourselves and our country from threats foreign and domestic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who knows. With Schumer and Klinton as senators, they could take swipes at US citizens b/c of this.

It would not surprise me the least, but I think even they would not cross that line.

View Quote

I aggree.  I think Congress (both sides of the aisle) will fall in line with the wishes of the prez (who, along with his administration, is in my view, fairly progun).  No legislator wants to be seen trying to use this event to further their own political objectives.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Count on it!
View Quote

You got it all wrong.  Now is the time to fight for our right to defend ourselves and our country from threats foreign and domestic.
View Quote

No I don't have it all wrong. I agree that its time to fight for our rights. All I said was count on it. They WILL try it, its simply their nature. Look at the Russian with the knife.It was posted by AR15.comers across the country that when the liberal news media broke the story, they used a pic of a revolver and some loose rounds as a backdrop. That's the kind of behavior I was referring to and i'm sure Goblin was also. Go back to sleep! Your comment has NOTHING to do with the original post!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#10]
It's already started.  Check out the thread on K-mart.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know about you guys but I am going to buy one of the dude's hats that were advertised here.

Written in ancient Greek:

Molon Labe
(mo-lone lah-veh)

Translated:

"Come and get them!"

[-!-!-]

[frag]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Count on it!
View Quote

View Quote

No I don't have it all wrong. I agree that its time to fight for our rights. All I said was count on it. They WILL try it, its simply their nature. Look at the Russian with the knife.It was posted by AR15.comers across the country that when the liberal news media broke the story, they used a pic of a revolver and some loose rounds as a backdrop. That's the kind of behavior I was referring to and i'm sure Goblin was also. Go back to sleep! Your comment has NOTHING to do with the original post!
View Quote

All I am saying is:

No shit they always do.  My response was intended for the intellectually enlightened who could make the leap from the obvious to the next level.  In particular the need to take the offensive and hit the liberals with the facts.  Now wake up dumb-ass.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know about you guys but I am going to buy one of the dude's hats that were advertised here.

Written in ancient Greek:

Molon Labe
(mo-lone lah-veh)

Translated:

"Come and get them!"

[-!-!-]

[frag]
View Quote

I ordered mine yesterday. [:D][:D][:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the usual suspects
behind gun control*
will keep their mouths
shut for quite a while.

*(At least those in elected offices)

I cannot see any one of them
attempting to tell the
American people that
there is no need for anyone
in our civilized,
secure Nation to defend
themselves,
especially not from an
underground bunker.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
.........No legislator wants to be seen trying to use this event to further their own political objectives.
View Quote

I would not be too sure about that.  Right after the Columbine High incident, Bill Clinton was right there calling for more gun control.  I am sure Chuck and Hillary has something interesting for us later.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Count on it!
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

All I am saying is:

No shit they always do.  My response was intended for the intellectually enlightened who could make the leap from the obvious to the next level.  In particular the need to take the offensive and hit the liberals with the facts.  Now wake up dumb-ass.
View Quote

And all I said was "count on it" Now that really sounds like I said the same thing, only I used 3 words instead of 5.
Here's some advice for you, and I will type r-e-a-l s-l-o-w. Try---- breaking----the----prozac----in----half! Have a nice day!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think the usual suspects
behind gun control*
will keep their mouths
shut for quite a while.

*(At least those in elected offices)

I cannot see any one of them
attempting to tell the
American people that
there is no need for anyone
in our civilized,
secure Nation to defend
themselves,
especially not from an
underground bunker.

View Quote

They will push through an anti-terrorism bill, if they can (perhaps Bush won't sign). It will contain various evil provisions, most likely including restrictions on gunpowder.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#19]
You better believe there is going to be an "anti-terrorism" bill. The media and even the GOP will convince you all (ok, maybe not all) that it is a good thing.

I have learned from over many years of closely watching legislation that YOU MUST read the bills to understand what they are actually trying to accomplish vs what they say in public. Pay attention very closely to the definitions of the terms used and exemptions. I would guess that there will be internet monitoring with a tax to pay for it. Oh and don't forget that ban on .50bmg. They don't want uppity peons shooting their armored limousines.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Too late...

The FAA enacted a permanent ban on knives on aircraft, including eating utensils..
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Too late...

The FAA enacted a permanent ban on knives on aircraft, including eating utensils..
View Quote

Geez. The next thing they will do is ban pens and pencils. You will though get your color choice of crayons.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Call me overly optimistic but I think this could be a good thing for gunowners, in the long run. People are not going to be willing to give up their right to self preservation over this.
Gov. Keating of OK was spewing the same crap last night. What a prick. Ya think maybe he'll be the one to come to my house personally? Didn't think so either.
What if some of the passengers on the flight had had weapons. Might have been far different. Doubt tighter regs would keep determined terrorists from getting weapons on board.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Too late...

View Quote

Morons. Any yutz with a piece of sandpaper on a plane can sharpen the end of a plastic fork or spoon into an instrument to slit somebody's throat, really quickly- could be done in the airplane's john, if the perp wanted privacy.

Where do we get these idiots in alphabet soup agencies? Did they used to stand behind the counter at Wal Mart?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#24]
In this situation, I wish a couple things would happen.  One, a tottally secure cocpit, or some kind of gaurd in the cocpit.  And would the freaking passenger get up and fight.  Your dead anyway, you out number them 10 to 1 half of the time any way.  Yes, casulities will there, but you save everyone else.  And if everyone is willing to fight for their lives, it becomes alittle harder to take over an airplane.  

I also like what turkey does.  Three security checks, once at the airport, two more till you arrive at the flight attendent who takes you ticket, then three more till you get on the plane, with friskings.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have learned from over many years of closely watching legislation that YOU MUST read the bills to understand what they are actually trying to accomplish vs what they say in public.
View Quote

Right.
Usually a bill such as this
would be introduced, rejected,
and rewritten into another bill
that has been stripped of its
entire contents
leaving only its original name*
intact.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Too late...

View Quote

What they should do is allow concealed weapons carry by passengers with weapons permits. If they are afraid of bullets punching through the plane, they could require Glaser Safety Slugs, or similar, instead of standard ammo.

If probablity suggested that several passengers were packing heat on each flight, terrorists would have something to think about. And the much talked about "flight-rage" would no doubt subside.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Dons, I agree in principle, but I don't think it would fly as politically.

I think the most realistic assurance of security in the air has to be the posting of armed Air Marshals on planes with more than X number of passengers or planes with more than X # gallons fuel capacity.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Supprised that it has not happened sooner-airline customer service is horrible and I have personally felt highly irritated when they would not give me another bag of peanuts or the entire can of coke. In all seriousness, what good will a ban of anything do except deter those who have due regard for the force of law or are to stupid to take measures to avoid detection. Those who are lawless and intend to inflict harm are not guided by principles of human decency, let alone the principles of law. I wish that the masses could do the math on this one. I love seeing the flip flop of the spineless-i.e. the explosion of "personal rights" during the last 30-40 years and suddenly we are seeing a consensus among some of the same "americans" that civil liberties will have to take a back seat to civil security(Remember that civil liberties are "enumerated" per the constitution and the bill of rights, whereas civil liberties are defined through judicial legislation-row v wade, etc). Personally, I give the ACLU about 10 days before they start whinning/cranking up the PR machine.
One more thing, has anyone else wondered how they pulled it off with knives? It just seems that there had to be someone on at least one of the a/c that tried to intercede in order to avert the tragedy (maybe this is what happened in the case of the a/c that went down in PA) . . . it is easy to be an arm chair qb, so there is no flame intended at all. I am ex-army and was a pathfinder/air traffic controller when I was in  uniform . . . so another thing that just a little out of sorts to me is that no one has reported that any of the planes changed their transponder code to sqwak 7600/7700/etc (hijack/emergency). . . did hear from some FAA controllers that were in the uniform w/ me that at least one of the pilots left the radion keyed up (xmit) to record some of the initial dialogue between terrorist and crew on the tapes at what ever facility they were under the control of. Anyways, I say lock and load, kill em all and let God sort them out!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Notice how these things never happen with El Al (Israeli) airlines, where you would quickly be shot dead by an undercover air marshall.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Count on it!
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

All I am saying is:

View Quote

And all I said was "count on it" Now that really sounds like I said the same thing, only I used 3 words instead of 5.
Here's some advice for you, and I will type r-e-a-l s-l-o-w. Try---- breaking----the----prozac----in----half! Have a nice day!
View Quote

No you didn't you dick.  You said shit in three words. You have a flair for the obvious.  Now quit boning your sister so we can be rid of your kind.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
.........No legislator wants to be seen trying to use this event to further their own political objectives.
View Quote

I would not be too sure about that.  Right after the Columbine High incident, Bill Clinton was right there calling for more gun control.  I am sure Chuck and Hillary has something interesting for us later.
View Quote

In the long term, yes, but then again, in the long term everything has a malevolent effect on the RKBA.  Its the same agenda they've always had.  My point is this, however, in the short term this incident won't have much effect.  No legislator is going to try to use the heat and emotion of this situation to push an agenda which will get them into a deep partisan battle.  Gun control is just such an issue; the dems may want it, but the political risks of getting into it at this point in time is just too great for [i]both[/i] parties.  Columbine was a far different incident in that respect.  Guns were used in Columbine and there was a direct (though not causal) link to firearms.  That just isn't the case here.

In the long term, the dems will push more gun control under the guise of anti-terrorism legislation, but if you didn't see that coming long before now (regardles of the WTC event) you haven't been paying attention.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:19:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I heard a lady on the radio this morning saying that America should wake up and be willing to give up some of its freedoms for greater saftey. I can't wait to hear what they think we should give up to feel safer.[uzi]
View Quote

You are right, VA.

Look at all we've given up so far.

We are NO safer.

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:22:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too late...

View Quote

Geez. The next thing they will do is ban pens and pencils. You will though get your color choice of crayons.
View Quote

Imbroglio -

You should know better.

I can kill a person 17 different ways with a crayon.

[BD]

Is it mandatory that you have an IQ lower than 40 to work for the gov't????

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#34]
They already are invoking laws/regulations that have nothing to do with the method responsible.

More x-raying of bags...Wouldn't have helped here.

No curb side check-ins...Wouldn't have helped here.

Bomb sniffing dogs....Wouldn't have helped here.

Logic has nothing to do with what laws should be passed vs which laws WILL be passed.

It's just the irrepressible urge by the elected officials to do something because something must be done.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:27:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dons, I agree in principle, but I don't think it would fly as politically.

I think the most realistic assurance of security in the air has to be the posting of armed Air Marshals on planes with more than X number of passengers or planes with more than X # gallons fuel capacity.
View Quote

It might be a good idea to let pilots and aircrew of all aircraft carry concealed.  That IMO would fly politically and might surprise the heck out of a few terrorists who get to meet the afterlife a bit sooner than they planned.

The knife restrictions are ludicrous - if a person can't find or make a weapon on an airplane, they're not exactly trained terrorists.  Even the straps on carry on luggage can be adapted as weapons.  Paperweight in a sock?  The list goes on.  You can't stop people from getting weapons, even in jail.  You can stop them from doing much with them IF people are armed.

But I'm less optimistic about any positive effects.  Look instead for stuff like national DNA banks 'to better identify victims in times of crisis' or whatever.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#37]
I would have to agree. Sadly, get ready to lose some of your freedoms real soon!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#38]
RANT MODE ON

In all honesty you could strip every passenger naked, bind their hands and feet together behind their back and carry them onto the plane two hours before the flight leaves with twenty checkpoints inbetween and there would still be planes getting hijacked!  Where there is a will there is a way!  The ONLY way to deal with terrorism is at its root (the middle east).  Granted, employees doing their job, air martials, etc are a big improvement and will help some, but it won't really cure anything.  Even if the armed cop was mixed in with the crowd, they could pick him out (be it an intellegence leak or whatever) and kill him (you don't need weapons to kill someone you know).  Then not only is the cop dead, but the terrorists now have a gun and nobody else on the plane has a weapon.  even if the martial's identity isn't known anyone can say they have a bomb and do you think that anyone would chance not believing them?  Just more damn snake oil the government is going to sell to the people, convincing everyone that giving up their rights will make their lives better (FAT f*ck*** chance!  the more freedoms we lose the more we become like cattle instead of humans - think about it).

RANT MODE OFF
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too late...

View Quote

View Quote

Hell, what about drinking glass, cell phones, fingernail clippers, steel toed boots, shoe laces, bra straps.  Life is dangerous and we will never be 100% safe.

Go ROTC HOKIES!!!!
Nuke 'em till the fucken cows come home!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#40]
And then nuke the cows![BD]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Is it mandatory that you have an IQ lower than 40 to work for the gov't????

[/quote]
No but it helps if you want to be a QC manager.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top