Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2001 2:14:05 PM EDT
Do any of you other Guys keep your gun trading and collection a secret at home.Well not really a secret,but I'm careful about how much she sees.I guess its been thrown in my face too many times in the past.One of my buddies is in the same shape,we talk in code on the phone and trade guns off premis.When our Ladies do happen to see one of our weapons,it just happens to belong to the other Guy.And we make sure our wives don't meet each other.Is this PATHETIC or what!GOTTA PLAY THE GAME!
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not doing anything illegal so I have nothing to hide and everyone already knows all that I own.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Ih, Imbo, for the situation to apply to you you'd have to have a women present in your home. Namely a wife or live in girl.

Sherm :)
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no such "problems" with my wife.  I always show her my "latest and greatest".
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]
When I pull one out to admire,she simply stays out of the room.No hassle,no problem.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
And to answer the question, I laid out the $$ for 10 Thermold mags a month or two ago(okay $150). Told my wife I've had them for years and had them packed away.

Still haven't told her about the LEGP yet.

It sucks, but not really.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife is pretty cool about my collection.  The damn safe is so full as it is that she wouldn't know what was in there to begin with[;)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife puts all the guns back in the wrong place, otherwise I'd never have realized that she was playing with them while I was at work!
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Imbroglio,It has nothing to do with legality or illegality.My Wife is a level headed Manager type,she does'nt like guns but she don't go into hysterics when she sees one either.A few months ago I voiced my opinion about the price of gas and suggested we send troops and take the oil fields.DAMN,All this time you spend on GUNS,watching WAR movies,reading WAR storiesBLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hell it seemed to go on forever.At that moment,I realized I had to go Underground with my OBSESSION.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Always kept my guns a secret from my wife until we had a series threat last week. She knew that I owned guns and ammo but to what extent she didn't know. When our lives were threaten, out came 12 gage 00 ought loaded, Glock 21 (45 ACP)
230 grain Starfire and the 357 sp101 revolver with 150 grain starfire. The person who threaten us stood down real quick. Things are calm now and gladly so. But my weapons will remain on alert.
We asked for the sheriffs help and they were slow to respond.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
She lets me buy what I want. If I buy an 800.00 rifle, she gets a.........sewing machine or jewelry, or some other worthless trinket! She's happy, I've got a new gun, alls well that ends well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I am on the same program as SEB127
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I just showed my girlfriend the AR and how to check and make sure it is unloaded and how to put on the safety.  She freaked the first time she saw it, but I think she is curious about my guns, especially how many I own.  I need to get her to the range and give her the familiarization drill.  She has the typical irrational fear of guns having been brought up in a non-gun household and having lived through the indoctrination of a small, liberal arts college.  It's a long road, but I think I can bring her around.  She's starting to agree with many of my libertarian ideas as well.  Kind of hard to ignore them when the blatant propaganda on tv is so intense and the gun haters have villified us.  

She asked how many guns I had and I didn't tell her though.  I said "fewer than 20."  Her eyes just about bugged out of her head.  That's why I have a couple for sale over on the equipment exchange.  I won't say I have "too many" but the collection grows and shrinks as time goes by.  I'll eventually get to a point where I can't bear to sell any of the ones I own.  Or maybe not.

The best policy is not to keep secrets from your significant other.  It's also good policy never to tell the whole truth. ;-)
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I tell my fiance whenever I buy a new firearm, but the mags, scopes and such are usually not brought up.

Although when we first started dating she almost hit the floor when I told her I had over 24 different military rifles (all from WW1 and WW2). She still thinks it's too much....

Link Posted: 9/10/2001 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Funny you mentioned it, today my wife said to me,"you know the only thing I didn't know about you before we were married, is that you were into guns."  
I said "Sure you knew, anyway would it have mattered"?
She said "no"  
So I said "then it's time I told you about the new L1A1 Rifle that we are buying with our tax refund"!
She is actually pretty cool about not hassling me over how I spend the $$$$$....as long as the bills get paid.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife knows exactly what guns I own. I think she has a detailed inventory somewhere. I need spousal permission before getting anything else. My last impulse buy was for a rifle, and I had to call her before I got that. Ammo and accessories are another story...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#18]
argh...I married an anti-gun man.Biggest error I ever made.His whole native country is anti-gun and he is a sheeple.

For those of you with girlfriends/wymenz/wifes...education about gun safety is key.Imbroglio will help :)

At the very least get them familiar with a handgun for their own safety and protection.

PossumKiller
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#19]
i feel for you guys who can't share them all with your women, for so many reasons.  aside from the obvious lack of interest on their part, hiding is akin to lying and i couldn't abide by that.

my fiance doesn't hide anything from me.  mostly because he knows i know what he has and i for sure would recognize a new one.  but aside from that, i don't care.  as long as the purchase wasn't irrsponsible (bills were paid first, mortgage mailed, etc), i don't mind.

how could you guys marry a woman that didn't fully support you and RKBA?  it's not a flame. it's a serious question because i could NEVER marry a man that wasn't right there beside me on this issue.  lucky for me, i don't have to worry about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top