Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2001 10:24:59 PM EDT
Any of you guys who have trouble d/loading music or whatever may want to check out "Download Accelerater Plus." I did, and while it's supposed to be mainly geared towards cable modems, and such, it sped up my d/loads at WinMX by I'd say at least 200-300 percent. And....it was FREE.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
fiddling with MTU sizes can help, you can find info about this on several websites.  Haven't seen any D/L programs that do anything more than this....of course, a program may help for those that don't want to hand tweak their machine.
Using a non-windows system helps also [:)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
fiddling with MTU sizes can help, you can find info about this on several websites.  Haven't seen any D/L programs that do anything more than this....of course, a program may help for those that don't want to hand tweak their machine.
Using a non-windows system helps also [:)]
View Quote

I'll second the use of a non-windows system.  I might be mistaken but I think Download Accelerator is spy ware as are many other programs that are "Free" for windows users.  You might want to check out [url]www.grc.com[/url] and see if Steve Gibson has any information about your particular program.  If you like free without the spyware, you could try Linux.  [NI]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top