Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2001 6:43:41 PM EDT
Troopers get oral sex before they arrest prostitute.
[ur]http://www.post-gazette.com/regionstate/20010907cops0907p5.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you SGB, I forgot to finish.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, something just like that happen down here in North Carolina years ago.  For once, us rednecks were in the forefront of law enforcement!  ROTFLOL!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Finallly I have a good answer to tell people when they ask me why I want to be a cop!

Kyle
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
To protect and to get "served"!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
This line REALLY bothers me:

"Three weeks ago, Blair County Judge Thomas Peoples ordered massage parlor owner Pyong Pok Routley to forfeit $1,045 seized during the search, figuring it was money gained through prostitution. But prosecutors decided they had no evidence to go further, Keating said."

So a judge can fine you based on NO EVIDENCE?  

How soon will they convict you based on NO EVIDENCE?  Or allow search warrants with NO PROBABLE CAUSE?

Methinks the Hogs are getting hungry.

Link Posted: 9/8/2001 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Vulcan94, just a LEO?  Heck here in South Carolina, even a sheriff has done that.  Of course, only a few of the officers working for him got in trouble.  The worst part was that the voters didn't seem to care when they voted in the next election.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This line REALLY bothers me:

"Three weeks ago, Blair County Judge Thomas Peoples ordered massage parlor owner Pyong Pok Routley to forfeit $1,045 seized during the search, figuring it was money gained through prostitution. But prosecutors decided they had no evidence to go further, Keating said."

So a judge can fine you based on NO EVIDENCE?  

How soon will they convict you based on NO EVIDENCE?  Or allow search warrants with NO PROBABLE CAUSE?

Methinks the Hogs are getting hungry.

View Quote
You weren't aware of this?  It's part of the asset forfeiture laws passed to support the War on (some) Drugs.  If you are stopped by an officer on the street and he finds a significant sum of money on you, he can confiscate it under the suspicion that it is drug-related.  [red]YOU[/red] must prove that it is not in order to get it back.  Good freekin' luck.  In some jurisdictions (Oakland I believe is one) if you are arrested for soliciting prostitution from a vehicle, the City can confiscate your vehicle and [i]sell it at auction [b]even if the vehicle does not belong to you[/i][/b].  And you don't have to go to court on the charge.  The City can drop it - and still keep the car.  Again it's up to YOU to prove your innocence.  Albuquerque NM is trying to pass an ordinance under which they can seize real property (homes) if the police are called to the address "too often".  This includes rental property.  

Read the thread having to do with Donald Scott's property in California.  

Welcome to the police state, brought to you by the War on (some) Drugs.  Is it time to feed the hogs yet?
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 12:06:29 AM EDT
[#9]
We're collecting signatures in Washington state for Initiative 256, which would require a criminal conviction before property could be seized.

Sign it, get blank forms and get others to sign it.

I'll be at the Puyallup fair for a couple of days over the next two weeks gathering signatures.

Here's the website for the initiative:
http://[url]http://www.libertyinitiatives.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 1:01:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top