Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2001 1:56:20 PM EDT
Here's what I am looking for.

A detailed drawing or artist impression of a snake curled around a M4 carbine. Head full of ideas but I am not that much of an artist.(can shoot the big dipper on demand, but that's about it [:D])

I am attaching a small contest to this, the winner gets a Preban Colt 20 round magazine(aluminium follower, finish 85-90%) and his work printed in skin ink. Read it's gonna be tattoed.

Mail images here, but if you win I will need a good copy or the original.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
How soon do you want it? (Is there a deadline for entries?)

... And you can keep the magazine (I'll do it for free)

havoc
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Kuiper,

I've seen havoc's tat's, they are first class and not gregarious or ostentatious.

Havoc, you never told me you were an "artiste'"  I'm impressed, I don't lean in that direction myself, but I love to pay attention to well defined art, regardless of what form it's found.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a pic of a gadsen flag with a logo like you desrcibed on it, i will have to do some looking for it,
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]
well, i guess its not a gadsen, but obviously inspired by it

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/m0/od/x8/QO76050.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 1:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Follow up:

Deadline for entry is 31st of October, appointment for tattoo not until the 31st of january. But that is as far as that is concerned.

Havoc, looking forward to your ideas and the others as well

Make it agressive, give it the "dont thread on me" feel. Otherwise knock yourselves out.

Good luck

Kuiper
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you want it to look like the flag?
Or can we add to the idea.

Rana
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Kuiper,
That one Matt posted is one of mine...

i have it as vector art so i can scale it any size you want

i have a few folkes wearing my art on their hides these daze.

that same AR illustration is on my new bumpersticker design:

http://www.americansforguncontrol.com/bumper.html
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to see this art as well.
It's been a few years since I got my last tattoo.  Flames in the art sounds good to me along with Kuipers original idea.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey Kuiper,

i have it as vector art so i can scale it any size you want

i have a few folkes wearing my art on their hides these daze.

that same AR illustration is on my new bumpersticker design:

http://www.americansforguncontrol.com/bumper.html
View Quote

Doc, if that's your original art and design, I'd sure put a circle "C" on it and the words Copyright 2001, Doc_Zox (or whatever).  I'd also make sure that if someone else posted copies or presented my original artwork, they better have that copyright tag on it.  Otherwise you are forfiting your rights to the ownership of the art.  

Which, if you don't care, isn't any big deal...unless you start seeing all manner of apparel (caps, shitrs, jackets etc..) being sold and the design takes off and sell millions of dollars worth of merchandise.  Then seeking royalties for your design after the fact is a no win situation.

Just my .02.

BTW, the design is cool, I'd like your permission to show it to a T-shirt manufacturer I know.  Contact me by e-mail and I'll discuss it with you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Kuiper, Be a little more specific on the type of snake.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey Kuiper,

View Quote

i saw it on here a longt time ago. i saved it thinking it would be a cool tatoo. sorry to post your work w/o permission, i didnt know whos it was
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Winston,

Preferably a copperhead rattlesnake
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Winston,

Preferably a copperhead rattlesnake
View Quote

I am sitting and looking at 2 copperheads this very minute.

Caught them both today as they were sunning themselves.

Nasty little buggers!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#15]
With the events in NYC, Washington and Pittsburgh in mind this one was sliding to the lower regions of the forum. And so it should, as it was of no importance with respect to the attacks.

Putting it back up again, use some of that anger and turn it.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Have you seen the coiled snake on Metallica's black album?  It's a stylized version of the gadsden.  And looks pretty cool tattooed on my left shoulder.

-ck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top