Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 8:53:49 AM EDT
I know it's crazy, but here's the deal. My company is transfering me to Nevada for at least 18-24 months and I want to bring some (maybe all) of my pistols and rifles with me. I've been told that I need to register my handguns within 24hrs. when I bring them to Nevada. Rifles don't need to be registered there. So, here's my questions.

(1) Now assuming that I have to come back to Cali, will I run into problems with my pistols and SB15? They were originally registered in California and they are all on the approved list (although most were purchased before SB15).

(2) Also, if I purchase handguns in Nevada that are not on the list, can I bring them back into Cali?

(3) I assume that my rifles (all are bolt and not assault style) can come back and forth without any problems, or am I wrong?

I know it will be better to keep them there and I may be able to stay perminently if everything works out.  But until then I'd like to know.

Thanks for your help!
-Red-
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#1]
1)As long as they were in Kali before you moved you can bring them back. The DoJ already has your records.

2)If they are not on the list you cannot bring them in unless they are C&R.

3)Any long gun can be brought in as long as it is not on the banned list or under SB23.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I would ignor those unconstitutional laws and not worry about complying with any of them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel lucky to live in Virginia.  No registration on anything other than NFA stuff.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top