Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 7:47:21 AM EDT
I am not starting crap here...I want to know if
anyone has info on the claim of DThor being a wannabe....I have been warned numerous times about living in the same state with this guy and I have never personally had any problem with him so far. But if all of his talking is just smoke then we got a problem.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
As I am under the very strict watchful eye of David Hineline, I cannot comment about another member of these forums!

CampyBob on the otherhand, has been known to kiss-n-tell...  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't the answer to your question. But a month or so ago someone over at one of his boards outed a fake SEAL and everyone on the board told the person who out the fake, to mind his own business.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't especially care how someone presents themself.  But the people who paid the price to wear the uniform tend to put some emphasis on maintaining the honor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.nightscribe.com/Military/SEALs/wannabe_seals.htm[/url]

Ummmm.....   He was SNAGGED !

I hold veterans and current military service folk in very high regard.  I HATE fakes !
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#7]
To reply directly to Goatboy. No joke, I want to know the truth. I like David and I have learned some good things from him. But if all He told me
around the campfire was BS, then I would like to know. It is like telling someone you learned marksmanship from a Camp Perry winner and then finding out he had never left the state of Arizona. A hurtful lie and a disjustice to any who have worn the uniform. I did not start this thread to bash anyone or to stir up crap. And sorry Ed, but if who he is is a lie then I want to know so I can distance myself from that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I saw [i]Clerks[/i]

"OOOOooh NaaAAvy  SEALS!!!!!"
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I treat people for [b]who they are.[/b]

Not what they were, or who they claim to have been.
In other words:David is David regardless of having been or not a SEAL,a veteran of the French Indian Wars,or a Jedi who trained with Yoda himself.

What a man is.... or wants to make other people believe he is..... would be entirely his business.NOT MINE!

Who are we to be doubting what another man says?
View Quote

No flame intended, but I have to strongly disagree. I'm always one for keeping an open mind about people and their situations. But...

I'm a corpsman in the Navy Reserve. No active duty time, no combat experience. I've been to a mini (I wouldn't even call it a boot)basic (read that 17 days for new resevists with no prior service but in possesion of a desired skill) and Field Medical Service School(one month)at Camp Pendleton. I have my NEC and drill with a Reserve Marine unit in NY. I have a great base of medical knowledge, and am a very competent medic> I owe that to my 10 years in EMS and not to the Navy. The Navy showed me how to adapt my knowledge to a new style of combat medicine.

Were I to convinvingly claim an affiliation with a Force Recon unit as a Duel Cool SARC(Special Amphibious Recon Corpsman) I'd certainly garner a lot more respect from those around me. I'd have an air authority about me that is enhanced by my claims of skills, abilities, and accoplishments.

It offends me to the quick of my soul for someone to step up and lay claim to an identity or heroic deed that isn't theirs to claim. It is manipulative and EXTREMELY self serving. Honesty, commitment and courage are what I'd look up to. Not someone who violates those tenets with lies and fables. Soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines have given of themselves and made the ultimate sacrifice to this country. They arent't here to tell their tale. For some phony to step up and deceptively take their place at the table of honor is WRONG! DISGUSTING! REPREHENSIBLE!

I look up to those in my unit who've "been there, done that." They guide my actions, teach me, and inspire me to strive to match the courage, intergrity, and skills they've displayed.

It is my business if someone lies to gain respect.

It is my business if someone deceives for personal gratification; it cheapens the words of those who have truly been there!

There are consequences in the military for those that lie about who they are, for those who wear ribbons and devices they haven'y truly earned. If DThor is a SEAL, then DThor is a SEAL. If he's not, and said he is, then he's a piece of shit, and doesn't deserve the respect of this e-community.

Sherm
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Ed thanks man.....I just have nothing to loose and no history at all to bring to the table on this one. David has never been anything other than great to me. But if he's telling lies to me
then I want to know so I do not have to be impressed by the stories and shame on him if he thinks this is the only way to get respect. I liked him before someone told me of his service.

And Ed, I will have to send you a picture of me in drag at halloween...you will like me more. I make a cute girl.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#12]
[b][red][size=5]Don't Believe Me???

Check yourselves !!  

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=49594[/url][/b][/red][/size=5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Guys, good way to phony check is to go to [url]www.specialoperations.com[/url] and on to SOCNET, then to Naval Special Warfare and then to Phony Check. A SEAL by the name Trident86 can verify a name for you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks singlestacker. That is enough evidence for me. David just became the invisible man to me. This thread is now done, I did not see the earlier post and so I put this up to get that info. Thanks to all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#15]
As I said in another thread, I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but DTHOR never claimed to be SEAL in my presence.  He has mentioned working on Navy helicopters and working WITH SEALs, but never claimed to be one when I was present or in any post of his I have read.  I seem to recall he may have said his brother was a SEAL, but I am not 100% certain of that recollection.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#16]
RikWriter --   Please check the link above.

There are MANY people who have heard DThor mention the fact that he was a SEAL.

AND he posted that info on AR15 !

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top