Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/5/2001 10:20:30 PM EDT
i know i'm not everybody's favorite person, more like a thorn in your side.  and i've learned quite a bit on this board, not the least of which has been totally unrelated to guns.  while i'm still too quick to react sometimes, i've developed much thicker skin.  and i still have a "compassionate, maternal" side (guess it's something to do with being female) that probably annoys the crap outta you guys sometimes.  but all in all, i consider most of you friends, allies, compatriots.

and i want to thank you for my education.  so it is with great disgust (and a little bit of pride, i'm sure my downfall is coming) that i offer you up the following links for your entertainment perusal.

backgroung:  as some of you may know, i'm recently engaged.  and wedding planning sucks.  anyhoo, i've researched the internet looking for tips, ideas, etiquette, whatever (hey, i've never done this before.)  and i come across www.weddingchannel.com.  JACKPOT!!!!!  this sight has everything i need.  hey, it even has some message boards (which by the way suck compared to here, but i've found that's par for the course with any other message board site, they all pale in comparison).  

i check it out everynow and then.  one day i read this post from this girl who's fiance says she can never gain weight and she shouldn't expect to be a stay-at-home mom.  (she mentions his $300K/year salary in same thread.)  well, conservative me adds my two cents, here's my response.  keep in mind that she has made it clear that this is a condition of his love, not just his desires.  these are RULES to be followed!

he has absolutely no right to ask you, let alone demand, to pass up raising your kids. and having someone else take care of them, be it daycare, nanny, whatever, is NOT taking responsibility for your kids. it's a way to have kids without the responsibility of raising them. your kids will need their REAL mommy and daddy, not surrogates.
View Quote

i got the biggest backlash.  i have to come back to AR15 just to get a dose of reality and good old fashioned common sense and Americanism.  these girls disgust me.  and what's more, now i understand where all you guys have been coming from when you talk about women.  i just never knew they were out in full force.

so here's the link to the thread where someone started a whole new post just to let me know i hurt her feelings.  (and you should see the way they complain about flaming on that site.  they'd think you guys were evil incarnate!  [:D] )

[url]http://www.weddingchannel.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+com.wc.Utility.NavBarForStaticHtml?location=http://emerald2.weddingchannel.com/WC2/LocalBusinesses/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi&frmSection=none[/url]

edit:  man, i hate that website.  their link just takes you back to the message board home page.  well, if any of you are interested, click on the "Stories and Advice" forum.  then "emotional support II"  (can't you already tell it's about women!) and it's the "in response to the daycare statement...." thread.  

my posts are under jenns223 (hmmmm, wonder what that could be?).  definitely some bleeding heart liberals in that group.  wonder what they'd think if i told them i had guns, even and "evil assault" rifle.  

added:  anyway, i just wanted you guys to know that my time on this board has shaped the person who wrote those responses and i'm darn proud of it.  at least i know i'm still an american by more than just by birth location!
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice response arlady.  I can't believe people are such idiots.  Doesn't it make you embarrased to be a girl? [;)]  It is funny that people start harping on the daycare thing being necessary when she says in the post he makes 300k a year.  Ugh.

BTW-  No kids at the wedding is the only option.  We put no kids on the invitation and hired a babysitter for those with no choice.  We actually had three kids at the wedding but one was in the wedding and the two were more little adults.  Don't let people tell you that you can't say no, it's your (expensive) party.

Congrats BTW. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]WELL SAID, JENN!![/b]
[^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^]

Sure we can be pushy at times, but don't mistake us being stubborn for being conservative (wait a second, ok yes you can).  Nevertheless, many of us here center our career choices and our LIVES around the morals and lessons we were brought up on, and your response to this "First Wives' Club", as it may, was pure golden goodness.  Your 'tough skin' as you like to call it is a breath of fresh air to the liberalized, feel-good social status quo that has been corrupting us more and more by the week.  I've got a plethora of emotion I'd like to express, but it seems I can sum it up best with one word:

[size=5][b]KUDOS![/b][/size=5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nice response arlady.  I can't believe people are such idiots.  Doesn't it make you embarrased to be a girl? [;)]  It is funny that people start harping on the daycare thing being necessary when she says in the post he makes 300k a year.  Ugh.

BTW-  No kids at the wedding is the only option.  We put no kids on the invitation and hired a babysitter for those with no choice.  We actually had three kids at the wedding but one was in the wedding and the two were more little adults.  Don't let people tell you that you can't say no, it's your (expensive) party.

Congrats BTW. [:)]
View Quote

thanks, i thought i might have gone a little overboard since i can't talk to these fragile ladies the way i can straight talk with you guys.  and yes, i am embarrassed to be a girl.  really.  it's downright shameful that there are future mothers out there who think like that.

we've already decided no children at the wedding too!  none in wedding and it's small, less than 100, hopefully, less than 75.  ceremony and reception at a really cool bed and breakfast (a real ROUND barn converted to the b&b).  i think i'm going to have problems with the step mom.  my step sister will have two (ages 2 and 1) at that time.  and i just don't want them there.  besides, a wedding isn't a place for infants, toddlers, or young children at all.  why should we expect them to behave like adults when they're not.  grrrrr.  i think this is going to be my wedding battle.  i'm about ready to break all the rules of etiquette and just put NO CHILDREN on the invitations.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Remind me never to get on your bad side.  Oh wait, I did once and you were after me about my retard comment. [B)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:11:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I just started to tear up like the rest of them.  

Oh well, back to AR15.com.

BTW- Give them an invite to AR15.com.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Clearly that guy has control issues. She should run away from his conditions. It would be interesting to run across her five years later and see how happy she is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:07:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Marriage seems to be a tough proposition, harder and harder as time goes on......most of the time I say to myself..."why bother"....but........anyway, in OUR women hater  club, we do NOT REALLY hate women.....it`s all in fun....(supposed to be at least).....good luck to you AR Lady.............ken...[:)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:17:13 AM EDT
[#9]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>he has absolutely no right to ask you, let alone demand, to pass up raising your kids. and having someone else take care of them, be it daycare, nanny, whatever, is NOT taking responsibility for your kids. it's a way to have kids without the responsibility of raising them. your kids will need their REAL mommy and daddy, not surrogates.<<
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man in question is not a man, he's a spoiled little control freak. As to the rest of it, I agree with this proposition, so much so that I live it. I stay home and raise the kids, not my missus. Reason: I saw at every day care we visited, or had our kids at, too many young women in charge of the kids, who, even in the best day care centers, are invariably undereducated single mothers who have substance and relationship problems. These poor benighted souls were too pre-occupied with their own problems to spend much thought on the kids in their care, and turnover is high in day-care staffs- wonder why...we took a bath financially to have a parent home with the kids, but it has worked out very well for them.

I thought I could do a better job than day-care and babysitters, and I still do. Now- if I could only home-school them.....

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Kids are baby goats! Those are children we are talking about. Little human beings.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:50:50 AM EDT
[#11]
You've got a lot of verve trying to send us to a web site like that. Yikes!!!

I would normally never go to place like that till after my prerequisite estrogen injections.

ROTFLMAO...
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:05:34 AM EDT
[#12]
You should check out the "MS Magazine" boards sometime, if you really want to discover how freaky some women can be!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I read some of that stuff. I don't believe what I saw.

Somehow I get the feeling they will delete my post. he he
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I knew there was a reason I'm still single.
Every time I read something like that, I feel more and more like an endangered species.
One of the most important things I think that is lacking today is that men and women just don't know how to act like they are suppose to.
Too much liberalism.
Heck, I hold the door open for some lady at the store, and all I get is really wierd looks or they just stand there dumbfounded.
Try to pay for a date's dinner or a movie, not in this day and age.

My brother just got married a month ago and I'll tell you, it was the best one I've ever been involved in or attended. We pitched a tent at the farm, had the service there, roasted a piggy, and ate and talked with friends and relatives, kids and all. Everyone had a really good time. We told everyone to dress casually and after the ceremonies, we all put on shorts, jeanes and t-shirts. The kids got to do their thing (run around and such). I took a few of the  older kids away and we shot the old pellet rifle at green apples and pine cones (note the adult supervision). When it got dark, we lit off the rest of our leftover fireworks from the 4th.
It was family oriented and it was fun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a marrage be family oriented in the first place, not a tax deduction or a convienence of the time?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:34:23 AM EDT
[#17]
After reading this thread and that one on weddingchannel.com, I feel very vulnerable and emotional.

Hold me.

Sniff.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
After reading this thread and that one on weddingchannel.com, I feel very vulnerable and emotional.

Hold me.

Sniff.

View Quote

Hell, my and MY fiancee are at [url]http://www.theknot.com/co_pwpa.html?coupleid=099754467617416[/url]

Notice I said one of my 'hobbies' is shooting.....yeah hobby....right!

Bulldog Out!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hell, my and MY fiancee are at [url]http://www.theknot.com/co_pwpa.html?coupleid=099754467617416[/url]

Bulldog Out!
View Quote

You romantic dog, you. Devildog, that is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:59:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bulldog Out!
View Quote

You romantic dog, you. Devildog, that is.

View Quote

OhhRah!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I feel very vulnerable and emotional.

Hold me.

Sniff.

View Quote

Yeah, I'll hold ya...like I'd hold a pair of Rosie's dirty socks.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:07:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:35:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Ummmm, see if you can recognize my posts in this thread:  [}:D]

[url]http://www.weddingchannel.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+com.wc.Utility.NavBarForStaticHtml?location=http://emerald2.weddingchannel.com/WC2/LocalBusinesses/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi&frmSection=none[/url]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#24]
ARlady;  it is a wonderful thing to see a person who has courage in her convictions.

My wedding, which my wife planned, was very simple and resembled the one Shadowsabre described.  We made a commitment to each other, and to our children, never to put them in daycare.  It has not been easy.  We don't buy new cars, we don't take vactions, we don't have a swimming pool, we don't often eat out at restaurants.  We save up for luxuries (like an AR-15 [:D]  )but the benefits are priceless.

Even from my biased viewpoint, my children are better behaved, more respectful, more creative, and have a deep confidence that I believe only comes from a stable home where there is ALWAYS a parent present.

To paraphrase Robert Frost, you are taking the road less traveled, and it DOES make all the difference!  You are among friends, and I wish you and your fiance well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#26]
The reason the links don't work is because the page is framed, you are linking to the little bar on top, you have to link to the origional pages, i'll post the links if i can find the threads.

[url]http://emerald2.weddingchannel.com/WC2/LocalBusinesses/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=114&t=000794[/url]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#27]
[img]http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Sep/2001967329098539712257.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#28]
ARLady, you did exactly right.  Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, and tell your "FH" he is one lucky S.O.B.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Way to go ARLady!

Gave them hell.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Matt is one lucky guy. Be sure to remind him of that every so often. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#30]
ARlady,
 OUTSTANDING!  It is always to reassuring to see women who will stand up for their beliefs and stick to values that will cultivate upstanding responsible citizens.........
and produce more AR owners! [;)]
As far as kiddos at the wedding, hey your call but the only way children will learn exceptable behaviour in public, is to be exposed to it.  Some of the most funnest "interruptions" in weddings have been kids making comments.  Have a place set aside for those who bring kids, if they need to leave for a few minutes.

95thFoot,
 We home school our children.  We have four.  The two oldest do things daily.  The third oldest will do things to the extent of his attention span, he is only three.  And the baby, well she just kinda cruises around and "helps" when she can.  
 Best way to educacte your children, if you or your spouse are stay at home types.  Better education, values and morals taught at same time and the most absolute way to grow closer with your child.  If you would like to know more email me.

Again, ARlady - outfriggingstanding!  Good luck in your vows and your guy seems to have a very special Lady!  Tell him to come hang out with us for a bit and if he needs some reinforcing in that arena, I am sure there are several here, that would love to point this out!
Best Wishes!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#31]
WoW!!!!!!  i didn't think i'd get that many responses.  wasn't looking for them, just had to share my frustration with those women and my joy and pride of being a member of this community.  

i'm almost afraid to read your posts.  i have a bad enough reputation as it is.  [:D]

and when the time is right is will most definitely send them your direction.  i already read one girl a riot act for making the statement that "weddings and guns do NOT go together".  but again, i was nice.  too nice.  i don't think i got my point across.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Oh, you'll LOVE my posts!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#33]
anti, yes, i did.  i particularly loved the machine gun comments.  i actually cheered.  did you see the post where one of them asked you what your handle meant?  she wants to know what USSA means?  also, are you a bride?  [:)]

grrrrrr.  that one who keeps insisting that daycare is an essential part to a child's growth is really getting on my nerves.  but i set her straight...again!

i think i'm done with those message boards.  i much prefer the raw, unadulterated honesty and morals that prevail here.  at least common sense reigns.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Congratulations ARlady!  I sympathize with your wedding planning headaches.  Mine is October 6th, while my guy has helped out some, I have been planning most of it myself.  The great part about our wedding is the gifts. Everyone knows that it is ok to give guns, ammo, etc.  Our first present was 2 new in the box, his and her sks', still in the grease!  My guy just loved it.  I talked with Michael and CTD to see about getting a bridal registry and he is going to look into it.

I am on the weddingchannel.com too.  I haven't kept up with the threads because I know that they would just enrage me the way they did you.  High-five on your response.  My to-be-hubby and I have already discussed the kids situation and have decided that we will do whatever we can to make sure that one of us is able to stay home with our kids until they are into school full time.  We don't want anyone else raising them.

For example, one of our regular customers came in yesterday and said that he told his son not to tell the teacher or the other kids at school that they went to the ranch and shot his AK.  Well, the kid did and the school sent him home a letter saying that that was inappropriate.  The teacher also had a fit about it in the classroom.  That just disgusts me.  I have been raised around guns my whole life and I plan to do the same with our kids.  It just pisses me off that ignorant people try to influence their thoughts onto impressionable young minds.

As far as kids at the wedding, we are welcoming them, but everyone is leaving them with a sitter.  Seems like they all want a night out without the kids.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Jen, here's my response to her:

antiUSSA
Member # 17352
 posted 09-06-2001 09:45 AM                
We're a loving lesbian couple, that will be reciting our dedications to one another on Christmas Eve in a matrimonial ceremony for life partners. We plan to adopt 3 children in the coming months after our communion of marriage... So yes, I am a blushing bride.

[red]antiUSSA[/red] === [red]an[/red]nie [red]ti[/red]na [red]U[/red]nited [red]S[/red]exually [red]S[/red]ocially [red]A[/red]lways
View Quote

It was the best I could come up with in a hurry... ya think they'll be pissed..?  [:D]

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#36]
prolly not pissed.  given the disgusting liberal crap that they embrace, they'll probably welcome you into the fold with arms open wide.

but i hope they don't ask my opinion on that.  i don't think i could be serious knowing that you wrote it.  

it's good though.  i'll be laughing all day.  thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Yeah,

Arlady is a pretty good gal, I am very proud of her.  It's a shame she's going to kill me for failing to call her last night.

Well, it was nice knowing you all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Up until about 2 months ago I would have agreed whole heartedly about absolutely not putting children into daycare.  Now I'm not so sure that either extreme is the right way.  My wife has stayed home for the first 2 1/2 yrs of my sons life.  We are both glad we done that and still wouldn't do it different next time. BUT....  Sean didn't have many  babies or children to be around and play with alot.  (We live deep in the sticks)  So when we were at parties for birthdays and christmas and such, all the kids were playing together having a blast,  and Sean is over there playing by his self.  He didn't have any social skills at all and me and my wife were getting very worried.  So my sister talked us into putting him into to daycare for 2 days a week and what a difference! OMG unbelievable!  He went from being silent, couldn't beg him to talk, to putting together partial sentences and telling us what he wants in only a matter of a few weeks.  We have given him the care that only his parents can do, but we also held him back by isolating him from the world.  Every parent needs raise thier children themselves, I agree, but don't shelter them from the world under the guise of good parenting.  The couple of days a week he spends at the daycare for the last 2 months has made a big difference in his developement.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#40]
GWIGG, the difference between you and the attitudes on the femi-nazi board is that you are not using it for your own selfish agenda.  you recognized a need for your son to have more interaction with others.  you're using daycare to give him that.  you're NOT using it to raise him.

a few questions to ask yourself:

would you put him in daycare if he had plenty of other interactions and was developing just peachy-keen socially?

will you keep him in the daycare setting (or lengthen his time in it) when he's older and going to school and is getting that interaction?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#41]
a few questions to ask yourself:

would you put him in daycare if he had plenty of other interactions and was developing just peachy-keen socially?

will you keep him in the daycare setting (or lengthen his time in it) when he's older and going to school and is getting that interaction?
View Quote

Probably not.  Daycare's are a cesspool of germs.  Put your kid in daycare He/She will get sick and bring it home.  Guaranteed.

We researched and chose a daycare that is preschool oriented.  Basically they don't throw them in a room and let 'em go.  They spend time teaching them things, from drinking out of a regular cup to counting to 10.  (My 2 1/2yr old can count to 10, actually counting things!)  Everytime we pick him up, he comes home with something he's made, drew or whatever.  It costs us $100 a week even though he's in there only 2 days.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#42]
"AntiUSSA - just curious, what does your user name mean? What is USSA? Are you a bride?"

ROTFLMAO

Geez this could get good!! These poor helpless creatures don't have a clue!

IAJAck

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#43]
You know, you folks are all a bunch of Jack-Booted Thugs.

I'm sure he doesn't want his new bride to become a crack-whore either.  If she was bitching about that, would you go ranting that she has a right to become a crack-whore if she wants, and on his salary they can afford it?

This is between that woman and her fiancee.  It's not a free-for-all where everyone gets to have a vote which is better, stay-at-home moms or daycare.  If the two of them can't work it out, they're free to go their separate ways.  If they can, they'll get married.  If he doesn't want to work his ass off while supporting some Oprah-watching leech, that's his right to say so, and he's absolutely right to tell her in advance that he doesn't feel like putting up with that crap.

But since it fits in with your "conservative" natures to have the woman barefoot-and-pregnant and stuck in the kitchen, it's an issue, right?
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#44]
A R lady, raise your kids the way YOU want.....that`s why we live in the good ole U S A!........don`t get worked up over the attitudes on here.......(you`re pretty damned fisety are`nt ya`?).....GOOD.......[:)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm sure he doesn't want his new bride to become a crack-whore either.  If she was bitching about that, would you go ranting that she has a right to become a crack-whore if she wants, and on his salary they can afford it?

This is between that woman and her fiancee.  It's not a free-for-all where everyone gets to have a vote which is better, stay-at-home moms or daycare.  If the two of them can't work it out, they're free to go their separate ways.  If they can, they'll get married.  If he doesn't want to work his ass off while supporting some Oprah-watching leech, that's his right to say so, and he's absolutely right to tell her in advance that he doesn't feel like putting up with that crap.

But since it fits in with your "conservative" natures to have the woman barefoot-and-pregnant and stuck in the kitchen, it's an issue, right?
View Quote

first off it ceased being just between her and her future husband when she announced the problem to the rest of the world.  secondly, it's not what he's requesting so much as how he's requesting it.  it's called conditional love and it's wrong and it's hurtful.  he's not right for doing it as you suggest, he has a right to do it.  it doesn't make it right.  like i have a right to call you all sorts of bad names, but doing so isn't right.  there is a difference.  if you love someone, you love them for who and what they are.  let me guess, not married, huh?  probably divorced?  [;D]

and only a few creeps on this board believe that women should be barefooted in the kitchen.  wanting a child raised by a parent is neither sexist nor unreasonable.  personally, i'm more offended that society accepts such callous tossing away of children.  but then i guess it makes it easier for the government to brainwash them that way.  oops.  am i being too conservative for ya?

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is between that woman and her fiancee.  It's not a free-for-all where everyone gets to have a vote
View Quote

first off it ceased being just between her and her future husband when she announced the problem to the rest of the world.
View Quote

Does that mean everyone's invited over to their place to tell them why their relationship is f*cked?  Or does that just mean that she committed a faux pas and should be soundly spanked by her fiancee tonight?
secondly, it's not what he's requesting so much as how he's requesting it.  it's called conditional love and it's wrong and it's hurtful.
View Quote

All love is conditional.  Would she love him if he was a $14,000-a-year store clerk with a beer gut?  Would he -- [i]should he[/i] -- love her if she was a crack-whore?

Oh, right, I forgot, she loves him for "what he is", even if he decides to be a stay-at-home dad and send her out to support the family.  After all, that's a man's prerogative, isn't it??
he's not right for doing it as you suggest, he has a right to do it.  it doesn't make it right.  like i have a right to call you all sorts of bad names, but doing so isn't right.  there is a difference.  if you love someone, you love them for who and what they are.
View Quote

Oooh!  You love them for who and what they are -- isn't that [i]conditional[/i]???  Isn't that [i][b]EEEEVILLLL[/b][/i]????

let me guess, not married, huh?  probably divorced?  [;D]
View Quote

What does my personal life have to do with you being an irrational meddling gossip, who had to call in for support from your shootin' buddies when things got to be too much for you over on the wedding site?? [:p]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#49]
ARLady you are 100% on target.  We should place a priority on nurturing our  children. (But it's not politically correct to say so.)  

Never mind the ATF, that knock on the door might be the Feminazis, all ready to drag you to the re-education camp!

Congrats on the wedding, your future hubby is a lucky guy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If you read the above posts, all from different people, you can get an idea of why men like me have so much difficulty finding a woman to spend my life with, or, heck, even to date.  These women honestly believe that working for vacations and other niceties is more important than raising their children themselves.  They put their own interests far above their children ("Working will mentally stimulate me, so I'll be a better parent") and then try to pass it off as putting the children's needs first.

Then there are all of the defenses of the girls who have gotten pregnant "unplanned" or who have gotten divorced.  Given the guys who they choose to date/wed, none of this is any surprise.  Not that I'm in any way defending the guys, but everyone knows it is the women who choose to accept a marriage proposal, or to sleep with someone.  And the vast majority of them these days make such poor decisions (and, of course, NEVER choose to accept PERSONAL responsibility for them), that it's no surprise that well over 2/3 of marriages last less than 5 years.  Divorce is expected.  More than half of the women at my 10 year HS reunion were divorced (or never married) single mothers.

I know there are a lot of us single guys who are, to a large degree, single by choice.  I personally find it very difficult to find a woman who even interests me enough to ASK for a date, because most of the ones I meet are so self-centered, petty, and shallow (and totally unaware of it) that I can hardly stand to be around them.

It's so refreshing just to know that there are women out there like ARLady, who really understand what morals and values are all about.  It's all too rare.

Great job, Jenn!

-Troy
View Quote

the reality is that the grief i got on that board was really worth it.  because now i understand, i mean really understand (as much as a woman can understand a man [:D] ) where you guys come when you make some of the comments you do.

i personally dont' spend time with women like those.  or i try not to.  so i never realized how prevalent in our society they really were.

i owe a big apology to most of you guys for just thinking you were rotten little bas^$rds in your opinion of females.  seems i was wrong and your opinions are completely justified.  i'll be a little more understanding from now on, i guarantee you.

anyhoo, i'm glad that discussion (argument?) came up.  i learned a lot about myself (i know i shouldn't type responses when i haven't had time to cool down) and i have a lot more respect for the crap you guys have to put up with.

thanks for the support guys!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top