Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2001 10:10:28 AM EDT
J & G Sales is spying my wallet and says "Here is a beell of goods for jew. You geeve us $65. That's a good beezznezz for jew."

"Sheeppin' receipt? Sheeppin' receipt? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' SHEEPPIN' RECEIPT!"

Nearly every other beezznezz actually sheeps something before they try to charge a "customer". Someone that never receives anything but a bill of goods is called a victim.

They are charging $65 for restocking when THEY DID NOT SHIP ANYTHING. This should bother all who buy mail order and all mail order companies that do not abuse restocking fee charges.
(Edited to clarify the problem with J&G Sales.)

There are many, many mail order gun related companies that do not try to charge for a bill of goods.

J & G Sales SUCKS.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Preach brother preach!  Never have I seen a business that makes you put up with so much bullshit for the "privilege" of being their customer.  They'll have to start giving away stuff before I go back there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#2]
WOW...thanks for posting.  I have never given them any of my business, but have thought about it many times.

I was wondering what they would be like, as I have called asking about availability of certain firearms and they were usually quite short/rude in their responses.  I thought, "Gee, and you WANT my business?!?!?!"
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Just want to confirm that its J&G and not J&T?
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Mmm. ENGLISH good.

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
A $65 piece of paper, wonderful.  Must be damn nice paper.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never dealt with J&G through mail-order.  However when they had a store in Tempe, I dropped by from time to time and did some business with them.  It was totally professional and never one problem.

- Robbie
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I have placed two orders with J&G.  Both went without trouble.  

A companies true colors shows through when there is a problem.  

I wish I had a bad experience with them, but I haven't.  Maybe I was just lucky.  

OSA
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have ordered from J&G sales many times with no trouble, I will do business again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I stopped there on my way to sedona in april.The people were friendly to me.I ened up buying a cuople of mags for my guns.Sales man was very upfront with me on what what mag he would only use for a range mag or one for jam free troubles.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
At their store in Tempe (when it existed) I had them demand to see, and photocopy, I.D. in order to buy ammo.  And if you go to buy an actual firearm there, the hassles are tremendous.  "It's the law," they say.  No, it ain't.  Conclusion:  Go somewhere else where your business is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have no idea what Thom3 is babbling about.  No really - I have no idea, because I can't understand what the point is.
View Quote

The point is that J & G Sales is trying to charge  a $65 restocking fee WHEN THEY DID NOT SHIP ANYTHING.

Their response to our payment challenge was the charge is valid because responding to the payment challenge requires paperwork.

J & G Sales Sucks
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#14]
[size=3]What the..[/size=3] I just ordered 1K rounds of AK ammo from them...it's my first purchase from J&G.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[size=3]What the..[/size=3] I just ordered 1K rounds of AK ammo from them...it's my first purchase from J&G.
View Quote

You should hope there is not a problem.
That is the only point here. I don't claim that J & G Sales cheats everyone all the time. The point is that this proves that J & G Sales is populated with people who are comfortable with demanding payment for talking to them on the phone. The point is that J & G Sales is comfortable demanding such a bogus payment when there are many, many mail order gun related companies that do not try to charge for "services". The point is that if I knew that J & G Sales was capable of such bogus charges I WOULD HAVE ADVOIDED THEM. The point is there are many SAFE gun related companies available that exercise restraint and do not cheat people. The point is that their response is non sequitur and would not be accepted in the schools I attended. The point is that if they are capable of this once, they have done it before and will do it again.
The point is J & G Sales sucks.

Hello Paul. The first post is a parady of "The Treasure of Sierra Madre" where a band of Mexican bandits attempt to trade a broken watch for Humphrey Bogart's Winchester rifle. The bandits also claimed they were Federal police and when Bogart asks for badges the Mexican bandit leader replies: "Badges? Badges? WE DON"T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!"
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They are charging $65 for restocking when THEY DID NOT SHIP ANYTHING. This should bother all who buy mail order and all mail order companies that do not abuse restocking fee charges.
J & G Sales SUCKS.
View Quote

J & G Sales SUCKS.

Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#17]
File a complaint with your state, and their state attorney general's office.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
English is your friend and is the preferred language here even.
View Quote

Uh, is this supposed to be satire?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top