Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw that too...

Messed up.

Don't know what to say.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends on what the guy did.

He clearly just went under the fence section to the left of the pole, the fence is wired to the top and swung up when the guy drove through it.

If enough of a danger to health and safety, putting your own vehicle into a "its gonna get damaged" situation may be worth it.

Pity the Supreme Court ruled that its not lawful to shoot fleeing felons anymore.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
weird

is this for real?

I am going to try and find out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I think he went under the fence.
Depending on the reason for the pursuit, I'd go through a chain link fence
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#6]
There must have been an opening or something to the left of where the cop came to a halt. He had a delayed reaction and turned after the car he was pursuing
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#7]
had to have gone under it

to be honest here, id find it fun to be the guy driving the get away car, sitting at home later that night drinking beer and watching that clip on the news
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#8]
look at the top of the fence on the right where the verticle pole and horizontal meet. You can plainly see that the car knocked the horizontal off. Look real close and you can see the top of the fence moving from the impact of the car that was being chased.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Depends on what the guy did.

He clearly just went under the fence section to the left of the pole, the fence is wired to the top and swung up when the guy drove through it.

If enough of a danger to health and safety, putting your own vehicle into a "its gonna get damaged" situation may be worth it.

Pity the Supreme Court ruled that its not lawful to shoot fleeing felons anymore.  

I agree with all statements made above
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if the police officer had to go to counseling afterwards.  I guess the tape got him out of trouble (The car seemed to go -through- the fence, Sergeant)
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Surely I would've obtained the plate at some time during the chase........... I say meet him at home when he tries to slink in.

We had one like that locally, only it was the fence for the regional airport the guy went through............. So they turned every light on at the airport............... NO CAR in sight.

There was a ditch, like 10' deep, on the otherwise level airport............ that's where the car went. As a bonus, it had been raining for several days.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Surely I would've obtained the plate at some time during the chase........... I say meet him at home when he tries to slink in.

We had one like that locally, only it was the fence for the regional airport the guy went through............. So they turned every light on at the airport............... NO CAR in sight.

There was a ditch, like 10' deep, on the otherwise level airport............ that's where the car went. As a bonus, it had been raining for several days.

Ouch.

I like these 3-D optical illusions nature throws at us sometimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top