Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2001 2:28:58 PM EDT
Anyone here have a custom satin nickel finish on their pistol slide?

I like the two-tone look and would like to have my Sig 228s slide refinished.  I am wondering what the duarability is like and what I should expect it to cost.

Maybe Robar NP3?

Thanks all!

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1340/images/O4Uh9MCoBQIAAFc3AlM_1340_23.jpeg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the two tone look but personally I think it looks better with a satin frame and a dark slide.  A friend of mine has a newer Kimber with silver slide & black frame and it just doesn't look right to me.

Aesthetics aside, from a strictly practical standpoint, I prefer a sight plane that is a non-reflective dark color over on that is reflective.  Even a matte silver finish will reflect light and spoil my ability to focus on the front sight.

my $.02 worth...
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a two tone 229.  I actually would have prefered the black slide but this was the one on sale.  I don't know about wear on the finish as the pistol is never holstered.  Just thought you might want to check the sig board [url]www.sigtalk.com[/url] and see if someone has a two tone slide that may want to trade.  You could also check with Sig as to the cost of a two tone slide, may be cheaper than having one refinished.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Dolomite, where did you have that done and appox. $$ if you would.

Ratters, the 229 has stainless slides.  The 228 did not come with them and are not available according to SIGARMS.  Thanks though.  Your 229 a 9mm?  Trade ya! [:)]

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ratters, the 229 has stainless slides.  The 228 did not come with them and are not available according to SIGARMS.  Thanks though.  Your 229 a 9mm?  Trade ya! [:)]

Zaz
View Quote

Zaz, the slide is stainless with a Satin Nickel finish as the black slides are stainless with their black Nitron finish.  They do make it in all stainless, including frame, as well. I wasn't sure if they ever made a two tone 228.  Sorry, mine is a .40 or I'd think about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top