Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2001 9:37:16 PM EDT
Has anyone ever heard of the magazine sales scams, where they tell teens that they can make a lot of money  Then the kids drive around in vans and go door to door selling subscriptions.  I heard about this on dateline a few years ago and was wondering if this deal was legit.  I know someone who went to do this and it looks like they are being given the shaft.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that same story a few years back, they treated those kids like slaves. It looked like a horrible experiance to me. Tell whoever it is you know to bug out fast if you care about them. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If they are legitimate, they should have a business license. Check with your local PD to see if anyone has reported this outfit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top