Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2006 7:18:39 AM EDT
Hagel is the No. 2 Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.  Quotes from his speach today:

"How do we realistically believe that a continuation of the systematic destruction of an American friend -- the country and people of Lebanon -- is going to enhance America's image and give us the trust and credibility to lead a lasting and sustained peace effort in the Middle East?"

AND

"Our relationship with Israel is special and historic," he said. "But it need not and cannot be at the expense of our Arab and Muslim relationships. That is an irresponsible and dangerous false choice."

. . . . I'd be willing to bet that it is only a matter of time before he is called anti-Semitic.

Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, clearly his sympathies lie with the enemy.....

Fuck him, apparently he'd happily give away our country if he had the chance....
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't get it. I thought EVERYONE knew that Lebanon is a supporter of islamic terrorists just like Syria and Iran. I could be wrong, but that's the story I've always heard. So why would we NOT want their arses kicked back into the stone age? (Not that they aren't already there.)
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Lebanon is our "friend"?  

Our "friends" harbor Hezbollah?
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hagel is the No. 2 Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.  Quotes from his speach today:

"How do we realistically believe that a continuation of the systematic destruction of an American friend -- the country and people of Lebanon Israel -- is going to enhance America's image and give us the trust and credibility to lead a lasting and sustained peace effort in the Middle East?"

AND

"Our relationship with Israel Lebanon is special and historic," he said. "But it need not and cannot be at the expense of our Arab and Muslim Israeli relationships. That is an irresponsible and dangerous false choice."

. . . . I'd be willing to bet that it is only a matter of time before he is called anti-Semitic.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lebanon is our "friend"?  

I wonder if Lebanon is back on their feet in a few years if he will be making a few "speeches" there for a "donation".
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Lebanon is our friend?  Maybe in the fucking SEVENTIES, but definitely not since we had 300 fucking Marines murdered there.  Fuck Lebanon and fuck Hagel.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a messed up situation for all.  For the most part, the Lebanese would really rather that Hezbollah not occupy the Southern part of their country and use it to launch terrorists attacks that inevitably (and rightfully) result in violent Israeli responses.

However, it's pretty clear that Syria and Iran lay the pressure on them pretty thick with regards to Hezbollah and uses the group to do things like murder leaders when they even begin to suggest anti-Syrian/Iranian/Hezbollah policies.

The country still never recovered from the civil war and I would bet that makes governing the country difficult at best even WITHOUT all the Syrian/Iranian/Hezbollah/Israeli operations going on 24/7.

It's a shit sandwich for the Lebanese.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Send the pretty girls with big tits here, bomb the rest of Lebanon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's a messed up situation for all.  For the most part, the Lebanese would really rather that Hezbollah not occupy the Southern part of their country and use it to launch terrorists attacks that inevitably (and rightfully) result in violent Israeli responses.

On what do you base this statement?  I suspect that most, if not all, of the civilians still in the combat zone are Hizb'allah sympathizers and may even have explicitly offered themselves (and their children) up as human shields.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Lebanon is our friend?  Maybe in the fucking SEVENTIES, but definitely not since we had 300 fucking Marines murdered there.  Fuck Lebanon and fuck Hagel.  

What he said.

Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Hagel is a self-promoting dumbass.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

"How do we realistically believe that a continuation of the systematic destruction of an American friend -- the country and people of Lebanon -- is going to enhance America's image and give us the trust and credibility to lead a lasting and sustained peace effort in the Middle East?"

AND

"Our relationship with Israel is special and historic," he said. "But it need not and cannot be at the expense of our Arab and Muslim relationships. That is an irresponsible and dangerous false choice."

Cmon, you can troll better than that! Try again.

Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Hagel and McCain are basically cut from the same cloth, the often take positions that are popular in the media even if it is not in the best interest of the country.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Hagel is an idiot and has been so for a long time.  There must be a block of Lebanese voters in his district.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Hagel is part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Isreal is doing Lebanon a favor by destroying HezBULLah. If they were allowed to finish the job (if they had the will to that is, something I am begining to question) then the Lebanese government would be stronger and the Lebanese people would be freer after the job was done. No one is doing Lebanon any favors by preventing the complete and total destruction of HezBULLah.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On what do you base this statement?  I suspect that most, if not all, of the civilians still in the combat zone are Hizb'allah sympathizers and may even have explicitly offered themselves (and their children) up as human shields.

The same thing that you base your statement on.  Gut feeling, personal opinion of human nature and motivations, and information absorbed from various sources.

I suppose I should have used "suspect" and "may" as qualifiers in the same manner as you did to avoid any Internet tizzies lol.

Relax lol.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Isreal is doing Lebanon a favor by destroying HezBULLah. If they were allowed to finish the job (if they had the will to that is, something I am begining to question) then the Lebanese government would be stronger and the Lebanese people would be freer after the job was done. No one is doing Lebanon any favors by preventing the complete and total destruction of HezBULLah.

I fully support Israel in their endeavor; however, that is because I am not concerned with the state of the Lebanon government. If I were, I would not be supporting Israel in this, because what Israel is doing is weakening the power of an already weak government. Lebanon has been controlled for years by both the Israelis and Syrians and is still dealing with Syrians disrupting their political process. The government of Lebanon, and a majority of their citizens, are friendly to the US; however, those groups are overwhelmed by Hizbullah, and organization that is GROWING due to "mujahid" from Syria and surrounding countries joining the fight and an increased negative attitude of the Lebanese people against Israel.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Hagel is telling it like it is?

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Yeah, right!

He's telling it like the MEDIA is. Big difference.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Sen. Hagel is an asshat.

We are NOT destroying Lebanon.

Israel is NOT destroying Lebanon.

Hezbollah and its friends in Syria and Iran have already destroyed Lebanon.

Especially Southern Lebanon.

And that's a fact, Jack!

Eric The(Hunzbollah)Hun
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Lebanon is our "friend"?  

Not only harbor Hezbollah but Lebanon has Hezbollah in the government.

I don't know who are bigger fools... Hagle or those that take his stupid BS seriously.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hagel is an idiot and has been so for a long time.  There must be a block of Lebanese voters in his district.

The Lebanese who I know in this country are supportive of Israel in cleaning out Southern Lebanon.

Of course, they are Lebanese Christians.

Eric The(MakeRoomForDaddy)Hun
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#23]
There are rules to warfare. Some of the most important rules are that combatants don’t hide behind civilians, disguise themselves as civilians, or attack purely civilian targets. (Hitting a civilian factory that makes plastics used in the production of military hardware is acceptable, bombing a nursery isn’t.) Of course there will be collateral damage, that can’t be helped. But you don’t target civilians.

The reasons you don’t hide behind or disguise yourself as a civilian is that it forces your opponent to attack civilian targets in retaliation. The blood of the civilians is on the hands of the war criminals who used civilians as cover.

Then along comes the concept of “asymmetric warfare.” The theory is simple. Wars are really a battle of willpower, the side that gives up first loses. So you disguise your troops as civilians and use civilians as cover for your operations. Then you target your opponent’s civilian population. This forces them to respond in ways that guarantee plenty of collateral damage and minimal loses to your side.

Then your secret weapon shows up. A liberal (aka idiotic) press shows up to report how your opponent is murdering babies with their attacks. Political pressure forces your opponent to stop his attacks while you continue yours. Eventually your opponent gives up.

Of course this only works when your opponents are decent people who care about civilian casualties. That’s why asymmetric warfare is only (effectively) used against Americans and Israelis and not, say, the Chinese.

The bottom line is this…

What’s happening to Lebanon really sucks, I’m very sorry about it. But the criminals responsible are Hezbollah and their Syrian and Iranian allies. When a little innocent Lebanese baby is killed by an Israeli shell,  it might as well have been the Iranian government putting a gun in the baby’s mouth and pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#24]
two things must happen, at least two and perhaps (probably?) three..

1. hizboolah must be rooted out from the ground in lebanon. that is israel must go in with ground troops and root them out, destroy their bunkers and weapons cachces and kill as many as possible, destroy them in lebanon to the extent possible..

2. syria must be forced to stop supplying support hezboolah and anything else in lebanon. not gonna say how this might work, i think external pressure on syria could perhaps address the issue, but maybe a regime change in syria is necessary. syria must be cut off from iran
which brings me to point 3..

3. iran must be dealt with. IF syria can be cut off from iran, and hezbollah crushed in lebanon, it may be enough at least for the time being to leave iran the last standing problem point in the middle beast..

if parts 1 and 2 are not done it will be a real shame, i hope bush and company are seeing it this way too. no reason to think not. i realize there has been some statements made that may lead one to believe otherwise, but bush seems to be pretty hands off and supportive so far..
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The same thing that you base your statement on.  Gut feeling, personal opinion of human nature and motivations, and information absorbed from various sources.

I suppose I should have used "suspect" and "may" as qualifiers in the same manner as you did to avoid any Internet tizzies lol.

Relax lol.

Oh, I'm plenty relaxed.    But if you had a report to cite, I would have been very interested to see it.  That's all.  I wasn't demanding proof or anything like that...
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:03:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I fully support Israel in their endeavor; however, that is because I am not concerned with the state of the Lebanon government. If I were, I would not be supporting Israel in this, because what Israel is doing is weakening the power of an already weak government. Lebanon has been controlled for years by both the Israelis and Syrians and is still dealing with Syrians disrupting their political process. The government of Lebanon, and a majority of their citizens, are friendly to the US; however, those groups are overwhelmed by Hizbullah, and organization that is GROWING due to "mujahid" from Syria and surrounding countries joining the fight and an increased negative attitude of the Lebanese people against Israel.

I think its very obvious that if the Lebonese would actualy fight Hizbullah, Isreal and the US would help them.

Or it would atleast make it easier to see who needs have a bomb dropped on them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hagel is a self-promoting dumbass.

+1.  Fcuk him.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I did not post this to "troll," I posted, because it is very surprising that Hagle went against Bush -- he usually doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

AND

Hmmm, hows this.  Hagel is anti semitic.

Sounds like you agree with him.

Hmmm
TXL
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
There are rules to warfare. Some of the most important rules are that combatants don’t hide behind civilians, disguise themselves as civilians, or attack purely civilian targets. (Hitting a civilian factory that makes plastics used in the production of military hardware is acceptable, bombing a nursery isn’t.) Of course there will be collateral damage, that can’t be helped. But you don’t target civilians.

The reasons you don’t hide behind or disguise yourself as a civilian is that it forces your opponent to attack civilian targets in retaliation. The blood of the civilians is on the hands of the war criminals who used civilians as cover.

Then along comes the concept of “asymmetric warfare.” The theory is simple. Wars are really a battle of willpower, the side that gives up first loses. So you disguise your troops as civilians and use civilians as cover for your operations. Then you target your opponent’s civilian population. This forces them to respond in ways that guarantee plenty of collateral damage and minimal loses to your side.

Then your secret weapon shows up. A liberal (aka idiotic) press shows up to report how your opponent is murdering babies with their attacks. Political pressure forces your opponent to stop his attacks while you continue yours. Eventually your opponent gives up.

Of course this only works when your opponents are decent people who care about civilian casualties. That’s why asymmetric warfare is only (effectively) used against Americans and Israelis and not, say, the Chinese.

The bottom line is this…

What’s happening to Lebanon really sucks, I’m very sorry about it. But the criminals responsible are Hezbollah and their Syrian and Iranian allies. When a little innocent Lebanese baby is killed by an Israeli shell,  it might as well have been the Iranian government putting a gun in the baby’s mouth and pulling the trigger.

Great post!

TXL
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AND

Hmmm, hows this.  Hagel is anti semitic.

Sounds like you agree with him.

Hmmm
TXL

Agreeing (or disagreeing) with him does not make one anti-Semitic . . . .  My point is that usually even the most mildly unflattering comments about Israel can get one (especially a high profile type like Hagle) labeled . . . .
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not post this to "troll," I posted, because it is very surprising that Hagle went against Bush -- he usually doesn't.

Demonstrating as usual you don’t know what the hell you are talking about… Hagel goes against Bush more than he goes with him.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Demonstrating as usual you don’t know what the hell you are talking about… Hagel goes against Bush more than he goers with him.

Show me EVIDENCE (e.g. a voting record)!!  Your naked assertion means nothing to me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Demonstrating as usual you don’t know what the hell you are talking about… Hagel goes against Bush more than he goers with him.

Show me EVIDENCE (e.g. a voting record)!!  Your naked assertion means nothing to me.

I don't have to show you a damn thing... Hagels record speaks for itself. YOU made the assertion Hagel dependably sides with Bush prove it if you can… but you cannot and if you had been paying attention for the last 5 years you would have known better that to try and pass that BS by.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bottom line is this…

Great post!

TXL

I agree; great post.  Hagel is beyond contempt.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Hagel is drinking the liberal media kool-aid. He needs to get a clue.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bottom line is this…

Great post!

TXL

+1,

Very well stated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
YOU made the assertion Hagel dependably sides with Bush prove it if you can… but you cannot and if you had been paying attention for the last 5 years you would have known better that to try and pass that BS by.

I assert and you deny . . . .
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#40]
There is nothing anybody will ever say or do that is going to change the anti-jew sentiment seen around the world.  There are those who will use every instance of an arab civilian(although most seem to have some blood on their hands) death to vilainize Israel.  Ignorance will never be erased from human nature, and it is not reserved for the poor, or lower class people. The rich, and powerful have hatred inside them and they carry it with them everywhere, even to their elected posts.  We have no real Arab friends.  they accept us as their protector when needed, and more so as the country that gives them the most money as aid, and as purchases of thier products, mainly oil.  We are the cash cow and they know it.   Not one country in the Arab world has rooted out the terrorists from their land, and remember many of the Sept. 11 hijackers came from our "good friend" Saudi Arabia.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOU made the assertion Hagel dependably sides with Bush prove it if you can… but you cannot and if you had been paying attention for the last 5 years you would have known better that to try and pass that BS by.

I assert and you deny . . . .

Now back up the assertion...

So you cannot back up your BS... please give us some example where Hagel has backed a Bush Mid-East policy...

Tick... Tick... Tick...
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
There is nothing anybody will ever say or do that is going to change the anti-jew sentiment seen around the world.  There are those who will use every instance of an arab civilian(although most seem to have some blood on their hands) death to vilainize Israel.  Ignorance will never be erased from human nature, and it is not reserved for the poor, or lower class people. The rich, and powerful have hatred inside them and they carry it with them everywhere, even to their elected posts.  We have no real Arab friends.  they accept us as their protector when needed, and more so as the country that gives them the most money as aid, and as purchases of thier products, mainly oil.  We are the cash cow and they know it.   Not one country in the Arab world has rooted out the terrorists from their land, and remember many of the Sept. 11 hijackers came from our "good friend" Saudi Arabia.

Well said . . . .
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

So you cannot back up your BS... please give us some example where Hagel has backed a Bush Mid-East policy...

Tick... Tick... Tick...

I have neither the time nor the desire to play your silly little game.  You see son, I HAVE been paying attention for the last five years, which is why Hagel's comments were so surprising to me (and probably alot of others too). . . .
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tick... Tick... Tick...

I have neither the time nor the desire to play your silly little game.  

But you demanded that HE provide proof, while you refuse to provide any yourself.  Sounds pretty damn hypocritical.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tick... Tick... Tick...

I have neither the time nor the desire to play your silly little game.  You see son, I HAVE been paying attention for the last five years, which is why Hagel's comments were so surprising to me (and probably alot of others too). . . .

I suspected you would respond as such because you got caught... Just a little Google search would have saved you from the embarrassment.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tick... Tick... Tick...

I have neither the time nor the desire to play your silly little game.  

But you demanded that HE provide proof, while you refuse to provide any yourself.  Sounds pretty damn hypocritical.

Just give him more rope... he is hanging himself.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Chucky Hagel is:

1.  Clueless and ignorant of the history and political dynamics of the Middle East, and;

2.  Running for president.

Stupid thing to say...
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Hagel is obviously living several decades in the past when Beirut was indeed the "Paris of the Levant".  

Lebanon has fallen to the enemy.  The Christians, the Druze, the Jews and others living there are hostage now.  

We indeed have an historic relationship with a huge number of the PEOPLE of Lebanon, but not the STATE of Lebanon any more.

He's not so much "anti-Jew" as he is PRO-APPEASEMENT

GlugGluGlug   went Hagel's cup of koolaid.
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Facetime = Troll
Link Posted: 8/1/2006 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

It's too bad that Lebanon invited Hizballah in to their fold. You lie with dogs, don't complain when you get fleas.

He is ignoring these facts... That just because Hizballah has done a few nice things for them, they owe Hizballah their allegiance. Sorry, all it means is that the Lebanese are being used as chips in a large game against Israel and the US.

Again, he is lapping up what the MSM is throwing out.

He's also pandering - let's face it, we wouldn't have anything to do with many Arab/Muslim nations if they didn't have any oil. He wants to secure their oil for our uses ... at the cost of our relationship with Israel. Which is exactly what the terrorist higher ups want, a weak Israel for them to overrun.

Blood is figuratively thicker than oil, friend. Israel deserves all the support the US gives her, and then some.

Given what I've written above, how can you not see it that way?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top