Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2001 9:34:46 AM EDT
There were two different vendors there with some ARs that they wanted to sell.

The first guy was asking $670 for a 16" A3 style upper with a pre-ban barrel and flash supressor on a (what he called) "brand new" RRA lower. I thought this was a little low for a "pre-ban," but I decided to let it go and not argue with the guy.

The second guy had a rifle configured similar to the one above and he also said it "was a brand new rifle that he had just assembled," and that he would throw in a four position collapsable stock for $50.00 more.

I feel very sorry for the person who buys these. I didn't know what I should have told the guy. They obviously weren't pre-ban ARs because they both stated that the lower receiver and barrel were brand new and that they had just assembled them. I didn't want to get the law involved, I just don't want some poor guy at the gun show to get screwed over by some moron vendor. Anyway, has this ever happened to you and what did you do?

Ian
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny you use to never see these kinds of things in the last 5-6 years, but at the last show I went to I saw:

#1 - Norinco MAK-90 w/added underfolder.

#2- Chinese SKS w/BLADE bayonet attached, of course the stock was grooved for a spike bayonet, and with a price tag that said "pre-ban".

#3 - A new looking Olympic arms shorty w/collapsible stock, and a new looking upper w/o flash supressor, but w/ a muzzle break. Of course, marked pre-ban.

Dont buy anything without checking a serial # list FIRST.

Oh yeah, some ripoff dealer with an STG kit gun for $1250, legal config but what a moron.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top