Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2001 7:59:29 PM EDT
Okay fill me in on the 300 Whisper, what are the good and bacd points.   Does anyone make an upper for tha AR-15?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
SSK makes an upper [url]http://www.sskindustries.com/[/url].

Hesse makes them as well, but I'd stick with SSK.

Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#2]
That SSK link is the place to go for the .300 Whisper.  Basically it's a .221 Fireball case...though some use .223 cases.  Either way, the caliber will feed in standard AR-15 magazines just fine.

While there is a supersonic version of the cartridge, it really stands out as a subsonic loading with a weight of about 220gr.  It's efficient shape is great for accuracy and maintaining energy over a distance.

That adds up to an AR-15 that you could put a suppressor on (with proper paperwork of course) and have quite the little rifle.

It isn't cheap though...$1100 just for the upper from SSK.  I heard once online that Olympia made an upper in that chambering for just under $1000, but I've never confirmed that.

- Robbie
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.quarterbore.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top