Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2001 8:11:20 PM EDT
This little guy is something else.  I still can't believe I am a grandfather.  He will be 5 months old next week.

Him (Andrew) and his mom, Michelle (my daughter).

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/029/Wc/OX/7M/Sr97089.jpg[/img]

Him sitting up on his own.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/Lg/lg/n9/RI89970.jpg[/img]

Him, crawling already.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/XF/ZH/1P/3O91256.jpg[/img]

I apologize to those who couldn't care less about me having a grandson, but he is a trip.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Larry, that little guy is the reason we are here.  Were you at the delivery?  Nothing like it! Bringing life into this world is a wonderful experience. I think I am approaching 500. When are you going to teach him to shoot?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Get that boy a rifle,ASAP! (Like we gotta tell you).
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice to see someone excited about life and the stuff that families are made of!

He's a fine looking boy LarryG......help em' raise him right okay?
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 3:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
A fine looking young man!  Make sure he washes his hands well after his trips to the range.  Should start taking him in about....oohhh.......nine months.

Tate
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I am having to work on my daughter a little about the gun thing.  I have help from my son in law and we seem to be making progress.  We are having to overcome 27 years of her mother's liberal leanings (we divorced when she was 5, but I stayed in her life as much as possible), but she has softened her stance quite a bit.

ARDOC, I was there.  I live 300 miles away and was just backing into my carport when her mother (even though a liberal, we are still friends 27 years later) called me.  I grabbed some clothes and hauled ass to Atlanta.  She had some problems, so they did a C-section.  Apparently, he was getting tangled up in or pressing closed the umbilical.  Other than that, mom and son did great.

X-kill, roger on that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool!
My son and his two kids live with us.  He took our two year old grandson to the range the other day for a bit of serious male bonding (This would drive the MMM liberals CRAZY!).  He also took his Garand and M1A.  The boy got to fire Dad's rifles, under strict supervision and with lots of help from Dad and his hearing protection snugly in place.  When he got home...it was non-stop, "I got fire Daddy's rifle (sic)!"
Gotta love it!
Aim small....hit small.
[heavy]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Dad and Grandpa Alert,

My now 7 yr old son has nothing but high praise for Aguila minishells in 12Ga! Last fall before we departed from TX, we burned through a box of them w/ my 870. Truth be told, they were very  difficult to extract, but well worth the sight of my baby boy firing an 870 (unaided) from the hip, gleefully blasting coke cans! How I wish I had brought the camera that day!
Now that we are in NY, he is still very upset that he can't use any rimfires or centerfires until he's 12.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now that we are in NY, he is still very upset that he can't use any rimfires or centerfires until he's 12.

Dave
View Quote

Huh? Is this a law there?
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#10]
One more reason to hate NY:

Yessir,  (Rant mode on)
http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?cl=82&a=68

New York State Consolidated Laws
ARTICLE 265
FIREARMS AND OTHER DANGEROUS WEAPONS
S 265.20 Exemptions.

7-c. Possession, at an indoor or outdoor shooting range for the purpose of loading and firing, of a rifle or shotgun, the propelling force of which is gunpowder by a person under sixteen years of age but not under twelve, under the immediate supervision, guidance and instruction of (a) a duly commissioned officer of the United States army, navy, air force, marine corps or coast guard, or of the national guard of the state of New York; or (b) a duly qualified adult citizen of the United States who has been granted a certificate as an instructor in small arms practice issued by the United States army, navy, air force or marine corps, or by the adjutant general of this state, or by the national rifle association of America, a not-for-profit corporation duly organized under the laws of this state; or (c) a parent, guardian, or a person over the age of eighteen designated in writing by such parent or guardian who shall have a certificate of qualification in responsible hunting,  including safety, ethics, and landowner relations-hunter relations, issued or honored by the department of environmental conservation; or (d) an agent of the department of environmental conservation appointed to conduct courses in responsible hunting practices pursuant to article eleven of the environmental conservation law.
    7-d. Possession, at an indoor or outdoor shooting range for the purpose of loading and firing, of a rifle, pistol or shotgun, the propelling force of which may be either air, compressed gas or springs, by a person under twelve years of age, under the immediate supervision, guidance and instruction of (a) a duly commissioned officer of the United States army, navy, marine corps or coast guard, or of the national guard of the state of New York; or (b) a duly qualified adult citizen of the United States who has been granted a certificate as an instructor in small arms practice issued by the United States army, navy or marine corps, or by the adjutant general of this state, or by the national rifle association of America, a not-for-profit corporation duly organized under the laws of this state; or (c) a parent, guardian, or a person over the age of eighteen designated in writing by such parent or guardian who shall have a certificate of qualification in responsible hunting, including safety, ethics, and landowner  relations-hunter relations, issued or honored by the department of environmental conservation

...grumble, grumble. At least using the Red Ryders is still legal. For now
(rant mode off)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top