Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2001 2:27:02 PM EDT
I need to get 2 or 3 highcap Glck 19 mags(per-ban not LEO)

I was at a shop today and the guy tells me there are about $85 his cost but I go down the road and buy one for $39.99(same brand)

The guy at the 2nd shop just had one so I could just buy the one,could this be why it was so cheep or is the 1st guy full of it?

Thats a big dif. from $39.99 - $85.00
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at it closely
If no LEO,count your blessings
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
IMHO $40 for a glock 19 pre-ban mag is one hell of  a deal.  Check and make sure it isn't a Pro-Mag.

edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
There are different types of Glock mags.

"Drop Free" have a square notch on the back of the mag by the feedlips. They are newer, and drop free from the magwell when released.
These sell for more.

"Non-Drop-Free" mags are older, and have a round notch. They need to be pulled free from the mag well. These sell for less.

Non Factory mags, like "Pro-Mag" and good to use for practice, but not to bank your ass on. Factory mags feed better.
For $39.00, chances are you aren't getting a Glock factory mag, but you never know.
I have seen Glock pre-bans pop up in gun stores very cheaply where the dealer dosn't know about the internet, and just wants to sell the thing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a NEW "bright orange" color pre-ban 15-rndr Glock factory mag.

If interested, I am selling it for $70 + 5 for USPS Priority Mail.

Or just trade for a used but in good condition complete bolt carrier, bolt assembly and charging handle.

my email is in my profile.

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was at a shop today and the guy tells me there are about $85 his cost but I go down the road and buy one for $39.99(same brand)
View Quote

"(same brand)" - I would guess the brand is not Glock.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]
No it's was not a Glock brand mag it was not that good of a day but it is a good mag that shots great.
It's a USA mag 15rd thing is so was the other ones butt head wanted 485 for.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
No they are USA mag and I did not even think about the mag catch.

I could use it as a back up mag this is ifno one want to buy a like new Glock 19 highcap.[;D]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#10]
a2car,

Do yourself a favor and take the USA mag back to where you bought it and get your money back.

Then Repeat after me - GLOCK factory mags only, GLOCK factory mags only,...

You're better of with 10 rounders than after-market junk.  Get either factory FML or NFML mags.  Metal-lined Promags can be made to work, but they take some adjusting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
why are some orange? I saw some at the gunshow last weekend for the first time at the low low price of $170 for .40 cal.

As far as regular mags I cant find df or ndf in 40 for less than $120 unless yuo count those real long 40 something round ones, I guess no one wants those because those were priced at 90, they're glock they obviously are pre ban and obviously have more material that they're made of but they sell for less.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Orange ones are GLOCK factory training mags.  Provides visual aid to trainer as to condition of weapon (ie mag or no mag).  

There are no "long" factory .40 mags.  Only 33 rnd 9mm for GLOCK 18 (FA).  Long .40 mags (29 rnds)are made by Scherer - some work, some don't.  Scherer also made long 9mm's, same applies.

Go to glocktalk.com for decent prices on mags.  Be prepared to wait and jump if the price is good and make sure what you're getting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought some pre-ban factory Glock mags from Munitionsguy on the for-sale board.  They were exactly as described, no complaints.  You might want to email him with your needs and see what he has in stock.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Take smokeman's advice. The most important thing for reliable operation of an autoloading firearm is the magazine.

Would you rather bet your life on 10 round mag that functions reliably or a 17 round mag that jams? Most firefights with a handgun only last 2-3 seconds with less then five rounds fired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top