Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2001 6:19:28 PM EDT
Ok by far this is the biggest and best Gun forum site on the web.

It is also the best site by far to get help with any rifle or pistol help,info and questions on the web.

I'd like to suggest that you make forums for some of the top rifles and pistols that people have questions about.

I have tried to use l1a1.com to get questions about a FAL but they where no help to me only the people on this site are or where willing to help me. Maybe it is just there are a lot more people here then l1a1.com or maybe it's just that the people here like to help people more then other sites.

I know there are a lot of people that are on l1a1.com and other gun forums that also hold a member name here. I think you should take a poll to find out if the people would like to have a lets say a forum just for asking questions, selling and buying rifles like the M1A, STG58,G-3 and other rifles and handguns.

This by far as I said before is the best and biggest gun forum on the web. I think it's time that ar15.com should start thinking of being the biggest gun forum for all gun's. I would love to see that and I think a lot of other people would also.

Goatboy and who ever reads this thank for listening to me babble.

If anyone agrees with me please write it down on this forum.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, I got the feeli...

Nevermind.

N/O/M/B
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to smoke weed too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it is time for a FAL forum.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Tayous) Keep in mind this site was built from scratch. It isn't like the other sites, which use pre-packaged board software. One of the reason this site is the best is because it is run by folks who are equally computer enthusiasts as they are gun enthusiasts.
The graphics, the utillities, all of it...
It takes them a bit more time to "do stuff", but you'll notice when they do, it is always 1000X better, and very unique...

Regarding the animals, Goatboy told me something about Sheep, but that is a secret, so i'll shut up...

My dearest Cleatus... It has been so long since the days of Cell Block C...
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah, what he said... or something like that!!!

Get to work, ya lazy old Goat....... no, no more "sleep" breaks ya baby..... and no, you don't NEED to eat EVERY day to live.....

(Just for the record: No animals were harmed in the making of this web-site.......... that I can recall...)
View Quote

If all this is done by Goatboy what are the rest of the staff members doing. [;)]

I'm just saying this is a great site and it would be nice if he could do it. It would help a lot of people that get tuned off by other web site that will not help them. it would also get a lot more members also.Thats all I'm saying.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It isn't like the other sites, which use pre-packaged board software.
View Quote

You mean like Mcuzi was Landon.

I know that it takes a lot of time to do this web site and also money.But the more people that start going to this web site the more are likely to become paying members (Yes I know I'm not one yet but I plan to be soon.)

This site is now starting to sell shits ,hats and jackets and thats cool and I'm sure Goatboy never thought that this would ever happen but now's the time to strike and keep this the biggest gun forum around.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Try simply posting in GD for other gun related info, usually works for me.  As far as the for sale forums, anything goes.

Personally, I like it primarily as an AR board where discussion of other firearms is welcome.  If I want to talk HK, I go to HKPro, etc.

I think more forums would equal more clutter.  
Maybe one new forum for "other firearms" would be nice.

BTW, forgive me if my memory is poor, but wasn't weaponsforums.com (or something similar in name) a spin off of AR15.com?  That website did not do so well.  Again, sorry if I got the wrong perpetrators of that website.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Ahh...  

Shhhhhh...   It's a secret:

Look for the following new additions to the AR15.com Family of Firearm Sites:

- www.SIGTalk.com  /  www.SIGForums.com (NOT the BCA one)

- www.Mini-14.com  /  www.Mini14.net

- www.GunGraphics.com  (Landon's bastard step-child)

- www.BeerNetwork.com / www.BeerNetworks.com
(sorry...  that's just for internal use) [:D]

Goatboy will NOT be sleeping for the next 5-6 months.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ahh...  

Shhhhhh...   It's a secret:

Look for the following new additions to the AR15.com Family of Firearm Sites:

- www.SIGTalk.com  /  www.SIGForums.com (NOT the BCA one)

- www.Mini-14.com  /  www.Mini14.net

- www.GunGraphics.com  (Landon's bastard step-child)

- www.BeerNetwork.com / www.BeerNetworks.com
(sorry...  that's just for internal use) [:D]

Goatboy will NOT be sleeping for the next 5-6 months.
View Quote

You guys are mean bastards!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This site is now starting to sell shits
View Quote

Ahhh...Capitalism at its finest. I'd like 5 EdSr. loafs please. And throw in a holy  garandman rolly for me too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Personally, I like it primarily as an AR board where discussion of other firearms is welcome.  If I want to talk HK, I go to HKPro, etc.
quote]

Maybe thou places will help you and thats cool for you. After I started this forum I had people in the l1a1.com complaining about what I had said about the site. After I said something about there site then I started getting help from them.

Quoted:
Tayous,
The FAL Files may be smaller than other boards you frequent, but I think it's every bit as useful and informative as any other. Questions may not be answered instantly but they do get answered by some very knowledgeable folks here. In checking all your previous inquiries, it seems to me that they were answered. But if you feel they weren't helpful, well, sorry but people here do try to help.

They said that they helped me but in the 11 post that I have done there I have only got a little help from them. Nothing like I have ever got here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They said that they helped me but in the 11 post that I have done there I have only got a little help from them. Nothing like I have ever got here.
View Quote

Yes you started a lot of threads in just a few days. I've looked through them and answered some as well as the ones you started on this board. Since you feel you weren't well served on the FAL board, I'm not really sure what you're looking for. Sorry if you got so little out of all the replies. I and others tried our best.

I couldn't have done a better job of differentiating type I and II receivers:
[url]http://www.l1a1.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=012413[/url]

Here, I think Jen did a fine job despite limited info:
[url]http://www.l1a1.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=012376[/url]

$795 is the best price quoted by everyone:
[url]http://www.l1a1.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=012283[/url]

And here an RKI engages you in a dialogue:
[url]http://www.l1a1.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=011652[/url]

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Wadman you can keep your l1a1.com I just don't like how site's server crashes a lot.  I have read post about if to many people a day post it crash's the system what was it Monday or Tuesday night that this happen that to me is just stupid.

Wadman you may like the site I don't what I have seen and experienced there I don't like thats just me. Now if L1A1.com get you hard that cool by me I myself just do not like it. You can post the thing I wrote all you want.

Yes they did help a little but no as much as i thought they would Yes some of my questions where answered and some where not.

You like it and thats you I don't like it and thats me.This is all I have to say about this
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey, didn't mean to get you all riled up. Just trying to get you some answers to your questions but you can't satisfy everyone.

Your welcome.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey, didn't mean to get you all riled up. Just trying to get you some answers to your questions but you can't satisfy everyone.

Your welcome.
View Quote

Thats fine by me and Just so you know I'm not all riled up about this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#19]
We do the best we can to please, and like wadman said, we can't please everyone [u]sometime[/u].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top