Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2001 6:56:57 PM EDT
I own a KIMBER and would like to try a Springfield, but I need a little convincing to purchase something other than another KIMBER.  I would like something in a compact carry type.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my .45 Kimber.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
COLT MARK 1V
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Ever consider the Sig P220.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with the Kimber.  They're usually more accurate out of the box than Springfield, have EXCELLENT customer service, and have a kick-a*s custom shop.  Plus, you just can't beat their wide-body models.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my Springfield full size fully loaded with matte finish and novak's sights. shoots great and has never given me any problems.
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Never Compromise !!!! HK usp .45[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumb.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm surprised there's so many negative replies...

I got my "Loaded" full-size Springfield about 2 months ago...

Bought it used but in new condition...I don't think it was even fired by the previous owner...
...I paid $475.00 for it.
It came in the original plastic box with all the papers, gun lock, and  2 mags...
It was the best money I ever spent...(Used my tax refund $$$)

I've put about 300 rounds through it so far, and it's never choked once...
It's eaten every variety of ammo I've tried in it, without even a hiccup... Remington Golden Sabre's, Federal Personal Defense, UMC's, Junk American ammo, MagTech +P's, etc...
I've even tried to get it to short stroke by holding the gun very loose while firing...Still no problems...

Don't even ask me about the Llamma and the Charles Daly I once owned... [rolleyes][puke]  
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Not that I don't think the Kimber custom carry is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet but......$$$$$$$

I also own a Springfield full size govt. in the loaded version.

It is very accurate and utterly reliable thus far.  Getting Novak sights, coco-bolo grips, front slide serrations and all the other custom goodies and touches for the $ is a real good deal if you ask me.

A Kimber will grace my safe one day though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my Kimber and Springfields are very good but my next .45acp is going to be a SIG 220ST [:D]
[img]http://www.gunnery.net/sig/220ST-1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Never Compromise !!!! HK usp .45[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumb.gif[/img]
View Quote

Like he said Never Compromise Get the KIMBER
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Heard bad things third hand about Kimber's QA suffering with their sucess in the last year so I got a Springfield mil-spec model.

I went bare bones stock as I wanted to cut my teeth on the pistol and do my own gunsmithing on it.
View Quote

I have sent numerous Sigs back because of problems OUT OF THE BOX.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
OMG, I love my Kimber.  I don't like the feel of the Springfield, frame is too sharp around the grips.  Would love to get one an Eclipse.  Handled one at the shop.  Sweet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
If the vote is just those two, I'll go with the Springfield.  I was in a gun store a few months back, and a guy brought in his Kimber to trade.  He bought it a few weeks earlier and was one unhappy camper.  The trigger was sloppy, the sights were jacked, and the finish was crusty.  I would not expect it in a gun a few hundred rounds thru it.  He wanted to trade it for a beautiful Springfield sitting on the case.  We convinced him to send it back to Kimber, and they would make it right.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If the vote is just those two, I'll go with the Springfield.  I was in a gun store a few months back, and a guy brought in his Kimber to trade.  He bought it a few weeks earlier and was one unhappy camper.  The trigger was sloppy, the sights were jacked, and the finish was crusty.  I would not expect it in a gun a few hundred rounds thru it.  He wanted to trade it for a beautiful Springfield sitting on the case.  We convinced him to send it back to Kimber, and they would make it right.
View Quote

Wouldnt be the first time i have heard of that alot of kitchen table gunsmiths out there. BEWARE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top